Feature Request - Proposing a Boss Queue System for Fair Play – A Noob's Perspective | The Legend of Mir

Feature Request Proposing a Boss Queue System for Fair Play – A Noob's Perspective

Greetings, fellow adventurers!

As the EpicFailWizard, a humble novice in this mystical realm, I wish to propose an idea for the equitable slaying of fearsome bosses.
My journey in boss hunting has been mostly serene, yet I find myself at a mere level of ~140, grappling with the quest of acquiring skills. In my pursuit, I venture towards bosses of level 100-120, hoping to glean missing skills. Alas! These formidable creatures seem to be perpetually defeated by others.

Just the other day, in the land of IKU, I witnessed the remnants of a vanquished boss and lingered almost an hour for the next spawn. During my vigil, I observed no less than four fellow adventurers, some of imposing level 170+, inspect the site. One such was a friendly soul, but engaging a boss with onlookers poses its own perils. Hence, I wonder, could we not consider a queue system? It appears many have a keen interest in besting these bosses, yet we novices, for whom these challenges are intended, find ourselves at a disadvantage.

Moreover, in the Sunken Temple, even as I make my approach, more seasoned warriors often vanquish the main adversary before I can even engage. Though I myself may be slightly beyond the recommended prowess for this temple, there seems little else available for my quest.

Such a queue would ensure a fair chance for all, especially us fledgling mages and warriors, to test our mettle against these legendary foes. What say you, oh great community of Mir?

With hope for equitable adventures,
EpicFailWizard 🧙‍♂️✨

TL;DR: Suggesting a queue system for boss fights to give new players (~lvl 100-150+) a fair chance at battling and getting skills. Currently, higher-level players often defeat these bosses, leaving few opportunities for noobs. A queue could ensure everyone gets a turn, especially in high-traffic areas like IKU and the Sunken Temple.

I don’t think this will be implemented because part of the enjoyment for many players is the competition over bosses, well at least the higher level ones.. I just thought I would comment though to say I enjoyed reading your request and how you framed it 😃.. I wish you luck on your future quests mighty hero ⚔️

I agree with Pop, your idea is very well framed and sounds great in theory, but in practice wouldn't work. You'd just end up with people leaving a dozen characters in the queue and they'd be blocked up for years, giving you even less chance at it

The frustration doesn't get any better at high level, everything is camped to death. You just need to be as relentless as everyone else and keep trying constantly until you get lucky with the timing

Greetings, fellow adventurers!

As the EpicFailWizard, a humble novice in this mystical realm, I wish to propose an idea for the equitable slaying of fearsome bosses.
My journey in boss hunting has been mostly serene, yet I find myself at a mere level of ~140, grappling with the quest of acquiring skills. In my pursuit, I venture towards bosses of level 100-120, hoping to glean missing skills. Alas! These formidable creatures seem to be perpetually defeated by others.

Just the other day, in the land of IKU, I witnessed the remnants of a vanquished boss and lingered almost an hour for the next spawn. During my vigil, I observed no less than four fellow adventurers, some of imposing level 170+, inspect the site. One such was a friendly soul, but engaging a boss with onlookers poses its own perils. Hence, I wonder, could we not consider a queue system? It appears many have a keen interest in besting these bosses, yet we novices, for whom these challenges are intended, find ourselves at a disadvantage.

Moreover, in the Sunken Temple, even as I make my approach, more seasoned warriors often vanquish the main adversary before I can even engage. Though I myself may be slightly beyond the recommended prowess for this temple, there seems little else available for my quest.

Such a queue would ensure a fair chance for all, especially us fledgling mages and warriors, to test our mettle against these legendary foes. What say you, oh great community of Mir?

With hope for equitable adventures,
EpicFailWizard 🧙‍♂️✨

TL;DR: Suggesting a queue system for boss fights to give new players (~lvl 100-150+) a fair chance at battling and getting skills. Currently, higher-level players often defeat these bosses, leaving few opportunities for noobs. A queue could ensure everyone gets a turn, especially in high-traffic areas like IKU and the Sunken Temple.
As much as I agree with this, the reason lower bosses are killed by high levels points to a much bigger problem as to why they are hunting low level bosses repeatedly.

This subject has been touched on very very much.

As much as I agree with this, the reason lower bosses are killed by high levels points to a much bigger problem as to why they are hunting low level bosses repeatedly.

This subject has been touched on very very much.
Imo, high lvls player were bored. Some may just helping their guild members to hunt books. Like me, i try my best to assist new players. Been giving more than 50 elven ring for them to at least save their ass from dead by able to tt. About the queue, i guess that won't be implemented.

Nah it's gold and runes/crystals.

The lack of rune/crystal drops had always pushed high levels into low bosses like iku and loki, etc...

Now add in everyone is strapped for gold you have it at all low bosses for easy drops to make quick gold, pushing out all the low level players.

I said this was going to happen back in the gold drops thread.

My suggestion to fix this issue is level cap these caves.

Oh you're a 190 going into a 130 cave? No drops.

They need to fix lower level bosses dropping more runes than higher level bosses, this is why you have level 195s camping a lvl 116 iku turso

My suggestion to fix this issue is level cap these caves.

Oh you're a 190 going into a 130 cave? No drops.
The problem with this is that you can accidentally out level a cave, and then its impossible to get the skills.
I have store chars that got from lvl 1 to 106 with Halloween quest without killing a single mob.

What I think would be helpful for noobs is increased skill drops.
The XP was boosted to make it easier to get to LVL 160+ fast, why not make it easier to get lvl <160 skills?
So that way the lvl 170-s can still farm the noob bosses, but at least they sell the skills cheap.

The real problem is that currently some skills are inaccessible to noobs!
Just one example. CallOfPhoenix, an absolute must skill for wizard. Noone selling on AH, boss is constatnly dead.

Last edited:
The fact is things are broken and unbalanced, it's a fact. The server has outgrown it's capacity and GM doesn't listen to people or do anything about it IMO. There are far more low level caves than high level caves. Level 190+ do IKU because he drops runes at a good rate, and we can all kill him in what 2 hits? I know I can. Who's seriously not gonna do that when you can. The problem is, if you are a new player and you see Iku as dropping your skill book what do you do? Try and hunt Iku obviously, but it's completely unfair that every 190+ with tele rings can port in and smash it in 25 seconds from start to finish. To expect a new player to compete with that is just unrealistic. I genuinely feel sorry for any player trying to get into this game and earn skills legitimately. Even if you're lucky enough to find iku alive, some 190+ is there or about to tele there and chances are you won't be alive before you've killed it because they will come in and PK you in 1 shot. This problem has been pointed out here numerous times but nothing ever gets done about it. There are far more high level players in this server now than lower level players, and for good reason because they are ruining lower level players experiences due to what is realistically the imbalance of higher level boss / hunting zones and lower level players being caught up in that. The fact is level 190+ players shouldn't be killing bosses that new players need to progress, and level 140 or whatever it is bosses shouldn't be dropping items that 190+ players need to progress. Posts come and go on here all the time but at some point things have to change. Selfishly, I couldn't care less tbh, I can kill what I want when I want, but that doesn't take away the feeling of guilt killing those bosses and knowing I've stopped a new player progressing. Anyone new to the game simply has this HUGE barrier around them which isn't good for the longevity of the server in my humble opinion.

The fact is things are broken and unbalanced, it's a fact. The server has outgrown it's capacity and GM doesn't listen to people or do anything about it IMO. There are far more low level caves than high level caves. Level 190+ do IKU because he drops runes at a good rate, and we can all kill him in what 2 hits? I know I can. Who's seriously not gonna do that when you can. The problem is, if you are a new player and you see Iku as dropping your skill book what do you do? Try and hunt Iku obviously, but it's completely unfair that every 190+ with tele rings can port in and smash it in 25 seconds from start to finish. To expect a new player to compete with that is just unrealistic. I genuinely feel sorry for any player trying to get into this game and earn skills legitimately. Even if you're lucky enough to find iku alive, some 190+ is there or about to tele there and chances are you won't be alive before you've killed it because they will come in and PK you in 1 shot. This problem has been pointed out here numerous times but nothing ever gets done about it. There are far more high level players in this server now than lower level players, and for good reason because they are ruining lower level players experiences due to what is realistically the imbalance of higher level boss / hunting zones and lower level players being caught up in that. The fact is level 190+ players shouldn't be killing bosses that new players need to progress, and level 140 or whatever it is bosses shouldn't be dropping items that 190+ players need to progress. Posts come and go on here all the time but at some point things have to change. Selfishly, I couldn't care less tbh, I can kill what I want when I want, but that doesn't take away the feeling of guilt killing those bosses and knowing I've stopped a new player progressing. Anyone new to the game simply has this HUGE barrier around them which isn't good for the longevity of the server in my humble opinion.
Who exactly is pking at iku? Please name and shame

I've got anonymous low level characters that I sometimes go to bosses on and everyone's always pleasant when I turn up at a boss, lots of people share or help me, I've had very few bad experiences tbh

Teleport rings and recall sets are what created these issues to begin with. If Scorpian really wanted to stop boss camping he could eliminate 90% of the people doing it by disabling tele rings.
People clear about 12 noob bosses in less than half an hour because of these handy items that are readily available on the GameGold shop…

Simple solution is teleport square into multiple KRs group enabled allows whole group to enter or solo
Fake bosses in KR dropping crap luck is luck
This be fair for all level of KR boss camping would be a thing of the past
No return out of KR so must TT if you go solo hoping to recall your gang into KR then tough etc

Problem with a lot of these suggestions is it takes away the essence of Mir and what the game is all about

I do believe there’s mechanics in place around spell book drops already but maybe they could be ramped up

The whole point of having a community as we do is to suggest ideas yes some takes away from development and bug fixes yet by the same token we are the players we need to enjoy the experience… peace n kebab s

I killed svaltus 22 times to get BlazingSword. Other bosses similarly drop books at around 15 kills.
I could only kill iku 7 times this year, none in the past two days.
I went there at 1 am, and someone was already killing it.
It is pretty much impossible for me to get books from there and I heard higher lvl bosses are even worse.

I give up, this is not fun anymore.
See you guys at next event, and fingers are crossed books will be in the drop files this time. If not I don't think I will return.

PS: I guess the problem will solve itself by the noobs leaving and the high lvls can just kill the bosses in peace.

Edit:grammar.

Last edited:
As said before is other threads drops are the problems. Either remove rune crystal drops from noob bosses, which is the wrong way, or make better drops happen in higher level content, which is how it should be fixed.

Killing 160+ bosses and getting the same drops as killing 115 bosses is the issue here.

Back