Feature Request - Proposing a Boss Queue System for Fair Play – A Noob's Perspective | Page 2 | The Legend of Mir

Feature Request Proposing a Boss Queue System for Fair Play – A Noob's Perspective

I agree with Pop, your idea is very well framed and sounds great in theory, but in practice wouldn't work. You'd just end up with people leaving a dozen characters in the queue and they'd be blocked up for years, giving you even less chance at it

The frustration doesn't get any better at high level, everything is camped to death. You just need to be as relentless as everyone else and keep trying constantly until you get lucky with the timing
Hey everyone, EpicFailWizard here!

I appreciate the feedback. You're right, the theory sounded great, but practice is a whole different realm (pun intended). The image attached pretty much sums up what the queue system might turn into – a never-ending line of adventurers, with yours truly, the Epic Fail Wizard, optimistically at the end, still hoping for a shot!

The high-level grind sounds just as tough, but I guess it's all about persistence and perfect timing. Until then, I'll be the guy at the back of the queue, probably still trying to figure out which spell to cast.

Let's keep the ideas and the relentless spirit flowing!

Attachments

• EpicFailWizardQueueFAIL.jpg
    EpicFailWizardQueueFAIL.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 4
After reading through your thoughts, I can't help but agree that increasing skill drop rates for lower levels might be a magical solution. It could help us noobs get the skills we need without constantly battling the high-level boss campers.

Also, balancing the drops between low and high-level bosses could be a game-changer. It might just be the spell we need to keep high-level players engaged in their own leagues, making the lower-level boss fights a bit more accessible for us starters.

What do you all think? Could these tweaks bring a bit more fairness to our adventurous endeavors?

Looking forward to your thoughts!

@Warda if you want to pass it up the food chain, I had also at one point suggested scaling the cost of books in the game shop.

From noob to high level start at 10gg and work up to 150gg or something similar.

It would be magnitudes easier then altering drop files which is tedious as hell.

@Warda if you want to pass it up the food chain, I had also at one point suggested scaling the cost of books in the game shop.

From noob to high level start at 10gg and work up to 150gg or something similar.

It would be magnitudes easier then altering drop files which is tedious as hell.

I get where you're coming from with this but I would say the prices are fine, I doubt many get sold anyway and if people want to skip the hassle of hunting it then they should pay a premium for it; because skills are one thing in Mir that cannot be dropped... also, mate BattleCharge used to be like 3000gg

I would say the prices are fine
EnergyRepulsor, LVL 57 taoist skill. (Go to Ghoul cave and usually 2 drops) can be bought from shop for 55K gold. Costs 100gg in game shop.
HolyShock
, LVL 157 taoist skill. Usually not sold in AH, now one listing at 92GG but Costs 100gg in game shop.
Bloodstorm
, LVL 154 wizard, 200gg in AH, 100gg in game shop.

Should EnergyRepulsor really be on the same rarity/gg cost level as HolyShock and Bloodstorm?

EnergyRepulsor, LVL 57 taoist skill. (Go to Ghoul cave and usually 2 drops) can be bought from shop for 55K gold. Costs 100gg in game shop.
HolyShock
, LVL 157 taoist skill. Usually not sold in AH, now one listing at 92GG but Costs 100gg in game shop.
Bloodstorm
, LVL 154 wizard, 200gg in AH, 100gg in game shop.

Should EnergyRepulsor really be on the same rarity/gg cost level as HolyShock and Bloodstorm?

Why does it bother you so much? I would rather be able to repulse on a Tao than have holy shock aura around me, if that’s what you’re asking.

Somebody with no experience of the game and some spare money may decide to buy it, or maybe nobody has bought it ever, who knows? Don’t forget what seems obvious to you may not be obvious to another person, this is an MMO genre game..

I think more people would be inclined to buy them if they weren't priced the same as a level 150 book.

I'm of the firm belief that entry into this game should be much easier to give them more time to get interested in the game and stick around.

I have played since Oct 23, (177 Warrior) bored shitless already as there is nothing to kill as you get to KR and they are all dead. Get Bile Demon every now and again and drops are piss poor, usually a Bene and a Fine oil, Only time i have had any opportunity to obtain runes is the Xmas event and donating for GG to purchase at extortionate prices. Im only hangng around to see if obtaining a Tele will help me.

Bumped into i think it was called TombLord in Tomb of Dead Kingroom, safe to say i got fucked up quickly and my RevivalRing did not work? Is there a reasson this did not work, had 10 Dura and logo was on my screen saying activated. Not that it owuld of made ad ifference but can this boss disable it ? At least id of had time to TT lol

The revival ring is not active immediately upon logging in anymore, you will notice a buff icon appear after 1min in a safe zone that says revival ring active.

If you log in and go straight into a cave or the buff icon takes 5mins to appear, I have been caught out by this myself in the past as I use to log out in caves so I could come online and get stuck straight into exp.

Once you familiarise yourself with it you won’t make the same mistake twice

I have played since Oct 23, (177 Warrior) bored shitless already as there is nothing to kill as you get to KR and they are all dead. Get Bile Demon every now and again and drops are piss poor, usually a Bene and a Fine oil, Only time i have had any opportunity to obtain runes is the Xmas event and donating for GG to purchase at extortionate prices. Im only hangng around to see if obtaining a Tele will help me.

Bumped into i think it was called TombLord in Tomb of Dead Kingroom, safe to say i got fucked up quickly and my RevivalRing did not work? Is there a reasson this did not work, had 10 Dura and logo was on my screen saying activated. Not that it owuld of made ad ifference but can this boss disable it ? At least id of had time to TT lol
TombGuardian. They don't have any special abilities. They hit a bit harder and are faster than biles, but aren't anything special. You spawn it (and a bunch of mobs) by clicking the totem in the middle of the room and activating it (only when the totem is available). Sounds like someone spawned it and bailed so you found it when you went in. When all 4 TG are dead, it triggers Lord of the Dead to spawn, sometimes instantly, sometimes after a delay

About the rev ring, no need for me to repeat the words of my esteemed colleague above, he's correct. It's a very common mistake everyone makes from time to time

TombGuardian. They don't have any special abilities. They hit a bit harder and are faster than biles, but aren't anything special. You spawn it (and a bunch of mobs) by clicking the totem in the middle of the room and activating it (only when the totem is available). Sounds like someone spawned it and bailed so you found it when you went in. When all 4 TG are dead, it triggers Lord of the Dead to spawn, sometimes instantly, sometimes after a delay

About the rev ring, no need for me to repeat the words of my esteemed colleague above, he's correct. It's a very common mistake everyone makes from time to time
Ok thanks for your time.

Why does it bother you so much? I would rather be able to repulse on a Tao than have holy shock aura around me, if that’s what you’re asking.

Somebody with no experience of the game and some spare money may decide to buy it, or maybe nobody has bought it ever, who knows? Don’t forget what seems obvious to you may not be obvious to another person, this is an MMO genre game..
I get your point, but here's the issue: earning 100GG at level 57 is a lot tougher than at level 157. Higher levels have more ways to make money faster. It's not just about buying skills or items with real money; it's about keeping the game fair and fun for everyone, regardless of their level or wallet size.

I get your point, but here's the issue: earning 100GG at level 57 is a lot tougher than at level 157. Higher levels have more ways to make money faster. It's not just about buying skills or items with real money; it's about keeping the game fair and fun for everyone, regardless of their level or wallet size.

There is nothing to suggest that the gameshop prices are level related.

I still wonder why GoldenMace and LegendaryMace are in there, but once upon a time they were the best items in the shop. It’s not up to us to decide what people should spend their GameGold on, I’m sure people would think that I waste mine because I’m only level 182 and should really be buying Elixirs with it and focus on levelling, but it’s all part of people choosing to play the game their own way, isn’t it?

There is nothing to suggest that the gameshop prices are level related.

I still wonder why GoldenMace and LegendaryMace are in there, but once upon a time they were the best items in the shop. It’s not up to us to decide what people should spend their GameGold on, I’m sure people would think that I waste mine because I’m only level 182 and should really be buying Elixirs with it and focus on levelling, but it’s all part of people choosing to play the game their own way, isn’t it?
I appreciate your points on game shop items and player choice. However, I'm curious about your perspective on why keeping the current system, without changes, would benefit the overall player community. While personal choice in how to spend GameGold is important, I believe that a more balanced opportunity for players at all levels can enhance the game experience. It would be great to hear your thoughts on the advantages of maintaining the status quo, especially for lower-level players.

Looking forward to your insights!

Which books are you currently after snowcat?
Since the Christmas event, I've been focusing on catching up with skills rather than leveling. It's been a journey, starting with over 10 missing skills per character. Here's where I stand now:
  • My 130 warrior is missing 5 skills, starting from level 109.
  • My 130 wizard is down to 3 missing skills, starting from level 95. Getting CallOfPhoenix seems near impossible outside the GG shop tho...
  • And my 145 tao is missing 5 skills, also starting from level 109.
I've managed 10 IKU kills so far without a book drop, just a low-tier rune. With Medusa, after 15 kills, still no book. It's hit and miss with these drops - sometimes I get a book within 10-15 kills, but it's not always the one I'm hoping for.

I appreciate your points on game shop items and player choice. However, I'm curious about your perspective on why keeping the current system, without changes, would benefit the overall player community. While personal choice in how to spend GameGold is important, I believe that a more balanced opportunity for players at all levels can enhance the game experience. It would be great to hear your thoughts on the advantages of maintaining the status quo, especially for lower-level players.

Looking forward to your insights!

I don't see what more balance there is than ALL available skills in the GameShop being equal price just as they already are lol. The ones you are struggling to find would only increase in value compared to the rest. Also how will changing these prices enhance the game experience for anybody as it is quite literally a pay 2 skip option (and it's well worth doing for some of those skills let me tell ya) but definitely always worth killing the boss a few times though because you never know your luck.

Any skill from Iku is around level 116 btw and also drops at other 116 bosses like SavageWoomaturus, who gets camped less.

I don't see what more balance there is than ALL available skills in the GameShop being equal price just as they already are lol. The ones you are struggling to find would only increase in value compared to the rest. Also how will changing these prices enhance the game experience for anybody as it is quite literally a pay 2 skip option (and it's well worth doing for some of those skills let me tell ya) but definitely always worth killing the boss a few times though because you never know your luck.

Any skill from Iku is around level 116 btw and also drops at other 116 bosses like SavageWoomaturus, who gets camped less.
I see your point about GameShop pricing. It's important to note that GameGold can be both bought and earned in-game. Higher-level players typically earn GameGold faster than those at lower levels. This means there's a big difference in how hard it is for different players to get the same amount of GameGold. A pricing system that considers this difference in how fast players can earn gold might make things fairer for everyone, especially for those who put in the effort to earn their GameGold through gameplay.

EpicFailWizard here, pondering over a spell of curiosity. I've noticed our discussions are quite rich with ideas and perspectives, but I'm wondering, do our magical GMs ever grace these forums with their presence? Do they chime in with their wisdom, or are we just a band of players sharing our thoughts in a mystical echo chamber?

Any insights or past experiences with GM responses would be enlightening!

Attachments

• GMs_listening.jpg
    GMs_listening.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 3
Back