Announcement - Update to Epic Guild Hunts and Weekly Challenges | Page 3 | The Legend of Mir

Announcement Update to Epic Guild Hunts and Weekly Challenges

What’s wrong is the logs we were 7 and we did what we did tbh it’s bullshit small guilds have been shafted. We are the ones who are the nutritional for new players ask the 4 new players we have taken in and helped
Surely if only a few ores are dropping then the big guilds who take 15 people on guild hunts will be a lot more shafted than the small guilds, no?

No one is jealous of daniele for not having a life. The fact he plays hours apon hours is not the issue either. Who would want to? The fact a challenge was exploited for months and months with the issue being bought up and then changed and made harder, leaves the rest of the players way behind and probably now impossible to get anywhere close. As stated, i will test this from Monday when gc is reset and will leave my review on what I experienced as for now can not comment.
We already close enough. Even with his 'epic' kit he's not very good. In recent months I can think of 3 times I've seen him outside sz and all 3 times he's been the one who TTs. His years of 'exploiting' has been a waste of time haha

And of course any constructive feedback from people who have been out and experienced the dungeons would be useful in improving the new way of things.

Already I have seen a fair few cases of Ely Ore left on the ground and have to wonder if something is wrong or if we need to encourage people to keep a look out
I'm away on work at the moment but I'll be back in a week or so and I'll get as much testing as I can done on the new content. Looking forward to being able to provide some actual feedback that isn't just a directionless whine-fest

As someone new to this server and someone who will never own Ely armour or weapon I have no dog in this fight, but I feel compelled to throw my two pennies in here. Several observations will be made.

Upgrades to items, especially the most powerful items in the game are meant to be the endgame grind until new kit comes out. It's meant to take a reasonable amount of time. Reasonable being the key word.

Yes someone gamed the system and got ahead. They did this to speed up the process. Was it an exploit? I don't believe so, but it inherently shows the system is flawed.

So here my question @Scorpian since no one seems to have asked this.

What does the GM believe to be a reasonable time to upgrade these items for a solo player?

Now, I can personally see three flaws in this system I would like to point out.

A.)The gathering of ores is limited to what is clearly meant to be group activities. This is detrimental to solo players.

B.)As time goes on, there is the possibility of new upgradable items being released making these items obsolete, and upgrading them infinitely more difficult as group activities move to new content.

C.)Changing the system now inherently punishes those who were late to the Ely upgrade game and leaves them behind in every aspect of the game in regards to catching up to be competitive.

The question is, what can be done to offset the very obvious nerf to ore grinding?

My suggestion, again as someone who will never own it as I'm too poor and not dedicated enough to try, would be to add Ely ore to the hourly quest.

It would still be time gated, there are still upgrade items for them that are locked behind group dungeons. I feel this would be reasonable.

I think this is all great.

Tbh who cares if some one took advantage, their kit will be outdated soon enough. Another lvl rise after Easter and a new set of rings and necklaces and a certain someone will just have to find another way to maximise personal gain

I also want to point out, if someone invests serious amount of time in game, more then any normal person with an actual life could ever even dream of investing , then doesn’t that person deserve happiness through the game?

Just that it wasn't one person, Danielle is a fleet of people whose overall commitment to this game is frightening, this was an exploit anyone who thinks otherwise needs their head examined.

@Scorpian
Feed back from Horde guild challenge. We had OKS challenge.

Imo it should have been like this in the beginning. Clearing through the floors ,no rts or teles. Enough mobs to clear, good exp. Rune drops and materials for upgrades was decent 👍 Also the level on items increased to higher level which is great to. We also had an elysian item dropped from main boss.
We could have cleared more but we was a group of 5.

Only down side is we only found and killed 3 subs and only 1 dropped ore.we killed legendary plus main boss. No ores was left, I made sure of that 😅

But overall its defo been made for the better. Just the ores is the down side of it, would be great if the group had atleast 1 each ☺️☺️

Last edited:
@Scorpian

Imo it should have been like this in the beginning. Clearing through the floors ,no rts or teles. Enough mobs to clear, good exp. Rune drops and materials for upgrades was decent 👍 Also the level on items increased to higher level which is great to. We also had an elysian item dropped from main boss.

Only down side is we only found and killed 3 subs and only 1 dropped ore.we killed legendary plus main boss. No ores was left, I made sure of that 😅

But overall its defo been made for the better. Just the ores is the down side of it, would be great if the group had atleast 1 each ☺️☺️
We had same challenge and same results but only found 2 subs. One we killed literally as it kicked us out so we couldnt even see what the drop was. Boss drops were usual boss drops.

We enjoyed it a lot but were pressed for time. Ultimately we'll have to make the choice of bosses or subs. Hour and half isnt much time for our guild to clear it fast enough.

Aside from the ely ore debate, we finally have a reason to actually hunt there.

@Scorpian

We can do a better group than that in Imms after the weekend! Take me along though please gaffer, I don’t want Ely Ores I just want to do an Orc + Zuma upgrade on my 174 gear 😊

Feedback from OKS Epic guild hunt - ERU

We are only a small guild so only 3 us went so we wasn't expecting a lot of elysian ore (we used to get 4-6 ore a epic hunt)

But YES! this is how guild hunts should be, we cleared a few floors making our way to Legendary which was a blue :) took all our time to kill this fucker since we are noobs and don't have a warrior LOL. but drops are 100% better we got like 15ish items each but only killed 1 sub and got 1 elysian ore which isn't too bad.

we worked how we will do it next time due to running out of time! but its a much more fun hunt getting items and upgrade stuff is what we need more than elysian ore sometimes.

100% better for the lay out and not being able to RT or tele ring, we found it more fun rather than a boring elysian farm it was to start off with.

only down side is that our guild is level 20 and only get 1 hunt :( lower guilds could do with more as it benefits them more for lower upgrades/items they need. we would do this hunt every night if we could as its nice, peaceful and chill

We got:
1 Elysian ore
34 items (all shop sell)
5-6 upgrade items
3 runes inc hp rune :)

90mins just not long enough for us but others probably will clear faster due to more members :)

/Frankleemad

legacy done woomataurus
2 ores drop
lots of item drop and runes
main boss in kr and 1st floor killed i think lower hp than it use to be

tbh its a brill guild hunt if u not just searching for just ely ore as it drop other upgrades item too

It seems like people are forgetting that Epic Hunts were mainly about getting lots of Elysian Ores fast. Before, you could easily get 10-15 ores in one run. I don't get why everyone's so happy about getting some 190 items now, which aren't worth much compared to Elysian Ores. By the way, what sizes of runes are you getting? Are they XL, S, M, or what?

It seems like people are forgetting that Epic Hunts were mainly about getting lots of Elysian Ores fast. Before, you could easily get 10-15 ores in one run. I don't get why everyone's so happy about getting some 190 items now, which aren't worth much compared to Elysian Ores. By the way, what sizes of runes are you getting? Are they XL, S, M, or what?
I believe epic GUILD hunts was made for guilds to hunt together but they became a ely ore farm. not what they should of been.

I believe epic GUILD hunts was made for guilds to hunt together but they became a ely ore farm. not what they should of been.
Isn't that what RDD and BDP is for? They're both super long guild hunts x2 per week.

@zad48231 in response to your reply below:
Sure, here's the text you provided:

The range was between 10 and 15. I'm not lying. Sometimes when I went epic, we found 10 to 15 ely ores. How can you accuse me of making shit up? I'm telling the truth, why would I lie?

Just like you, I've upgraded my armor and weapon to stage 3. I don't need to lie. But unlike you, I care about other players, especially the new ones who will have a tough time getting ely ore now because of players like you.

"So what if you get a bit less ore, there's other places to get that too." You're forgetting here that epic hunts were the main way to get ely ore.
You fully used them to their advantage and now that you have barely any use for them you want them to be much more harder to get correct?
So, how can you say it's not a big deal? It's a problem if level 30 guilds are only getting 1 to 4 ely ores each time.

You might not care about ores because you've already upgraded your weapon and armor. So, it makes sense that you'd want the game to stay like this, making it harder for others who started later.

P.S
Please don't be a hypocrite you know very well that it was possible to get 8-13 epic ores each run in the past. You're making an absolute fool of yourself when you tell me to be realistic.

Last edited:
On what planet are you getting 15 ores in 1 hunt? Be realistic. People will take you more seriously if you don't make stuff up man. The point of these hunts is to have somewhere fun for a guild to hunt in peace. The fact that they just turned into Ely ore farms was not what GM built them for and he's now adjusted them to be more fun. So what if you get a bit less ore, there's other places to get that too, it's meant to be an endgame thing. If everyone could finish Ely items they'd be a lot less special

On what planet are you getting 15 ores in 1 hunt? Be realistic. People will take you more seriously if you don't make stuff up man. The point of these hunts is to have somewhere fun for a guild to hunt in peace. The fact that they just turned into Ely ore farms was not what GM built them for and he's now adjusted them to be more fun. So what if you get a bit less ore, there's other places to get that too, it's meant to be an endgame thing. If everyone could finish Ely items they'd be a lot less special
This is the perfect response for someone who dosent want the rest of the game to catch up

Having tried the epic caves and the weekly caves since the alterations here are my findings. The bdp and rdd they seem relatively fine imo even with a small group. Baal, i like the fact you can't see champs etc until you hit the mobs that's a nice addition. However, the mobs take ages to kill on any class other that wizzys who can just tu the mobs quite easily. But the wizzys then become useless if its a champ or a super and wizzys pets can't cope with the champs etc. Yims weekly cave has been tweaked again and even with a strong group of high players, killing yims is near if not impossible now. The increase on exp for the level is now fine but the cave is now too hard for your average group. I am assuming there will be further tweaks so things balance out. I am by no means saying any bosses should be easy, but they should be killable with a group of 190+ players.
These are my observations so looking at it from an average player, not the more elite players. yet they all struggled in yims yesterday and gave up in the end.

Just done one of the guild challenge it was absolutely amazing, good amount of drops , good amount of exp and a good amount of ores

Back