steel grips | The Legend of Mir

steel grips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alsiral

Contributor
any chance of making this mythic work better and be useful

currently doesnt work if something is higher lvl than you. pretty pointless imo

I know this isnt related to this thread, but any chance we can bring back Muscle Ring? The ring that blocks repulse from players and mobs.

I know this isnt related to this thread, but any chance we can bring back Muscle Ring? The ring that blocks repulse from players and mobs.
Muscle ring was removed in the same update as steel grip mythic was added. It's a direct replacement

Many many moons ago when I was rank 1, I used to stand outside all castles during war and repel away anyone who tried to get in. I was able to single headedly fend off a good 50% of all incoming attempts.

It was OP no one person should be able to do that.

Wummy who I thoroughly disliked at the time to his credit figured out a counter and for several wars handed my ass to me, until I accused him of cheating and he showed me ringofnarya I think it was which had what is essentially steel grips but in it but worked on all mobs and players.

I dont recall complaining about it as I was very aware my situation was OP but a short time later GM removed the special attribute of this ring.

I would be of the opinion that it shouldn't be allowed in PVP unless its a special item with v nice stats with insane droprate, but steel grips mythic should work against all pve mobs & bosses which repel.

Many many moons ago when I was rank 1, I used to stand outside all castles during war and repel away anyone who tried to get in. I was able to single headedly fend off a good 50% of all incoming attempts.

It was OP no one person should be able to do that.

Wummy who I thoroughly disliked at the time to his credit figured out a counter and for several wars handed my ass to me, until I accused him of cheating and he showed me ringofnarya I think it was which had what is essentially steel grips but in it but worked on all mobs and players.

I dont recall complaining about it as I was very aware my situation was OP but a short time later GM removed the special attribute of this ring.

I would be of the opinion that it shouldn't be allowed in PVP unless its a special item with v nice stats with insane droprate, but steel grips mythic should work against all pve mobs & bosses which repel.
Danni basically does the same, was at Baal, killed a sub, he stands on the Ely ore and just reps constantly

Wizz didn't have pets back then, all I was was at the time was a tactical nuisance to extend castle ownership.

With how the game has progressed and the fact that wizz now have 5 pets that could kill any warrior in one round of hits, my opinion drastically changes, warriors should have access to such an item.

If they can get close enough to wiz to withstand floor damage plus cop and still take the chance at the kill before the pets rape them they deserve this back ingame, still think it needs to be more rare than a mythic source though, maybe as rare as ringofpower.

Edit, im no longer well versed on warrior but waayyyyyy back when a wiz or tao would do as you have said warrior would thrust kill, obviously this is never happening now with then damage a tao or wizz can deal out vs thrust, maybe a very enhanced thrust type skill which works from outside any ground/char attack areas could be the answer?

And I was always of the impression that this was grief play, maybe i am wrong?

Last edited:
In that scenario, pets are actually a disadvantage to the wiz. You can lion roar them then go chase them and kill them, to stop you Dani would need to leave his post atop the Ely ore

In that scenario, pets are actually a disadvantage to the wiz. You can lion roar them then go chase them and kill them, to stop you Dani would need to leave his post atop the Ely ore
Didn’t have pets out, doesn’t need them to solo subs effectively, even the tough ones at ship and Baal,

Wizz didn't have pets back then, all I was was at the time was a tactical nuisance to extend castle ownership.

With how the game has progressed and the fact that wizz now have 5 pets that could kill any warrior in one round of hits, my opinion drastically changes, warriors should have access to such an item.

If they can get close enough to wiz to withstand floor damage plus cop and still take the chance at the kill before the pets rape them they deserve this back ingame, still think it needs to be more rare than a mythic source though, maybe as rare as ringofpower.

Edit, im no longer well versed on warrior but waayyyyyy back when a wiz or tao would do as you have said warrior would thrust kill, obviously this is never happening now with then damage a tao or wizz can deal out vs thrust, maybe a very enhanced thrust type skill which works from outside any ground/char attack areas could be the answer?

And I was always of the impression that this was grief play, maybe i am wrong?

How rare to see a player suggest a way that a class that they no longer play be improved rather than nerfed (potentially to the detriment of the class they do still play).

Nice one Aro 👍

like skyee did in event then?

not sure if its exploiting tbh, its grief play and quite frankly scummy behaviour
skyee did it?i was killin the boss and u all gang up on me just so u can steal the kill.so as a wise person do, ill get my share ..u all even say thank you after trying to be funny i suppose.. so hypocrites tbh

gm should have a look on the stealing boss tbh,should be who first hit it get the kill..

Last edited:
So was 'stealing the kill' right or wrong?

If you feel it right, then you had absolutely no claim to the drop and had no 'share' in it coming to you.

You therefore grief played by preventing others from getting their drop in a no pk zone.

I only ask as I have a feeling that you would happily 'steal a kill' from me as I am imms.

Happy for you to tell me I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back