Announcement - Smaller update coming soon | The Legend of Mir

Announcement Smaller update coming soon

Scorpian

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to apologise for the lack of updates recently. I know server is quiet - I hope everyone is having fun elsewhere!

We are working hard on the Elysian City update, which itself has been creating more work than we anticipated (in terms of exposing areas of general game-play improvements).

There will be a smaller update very soon which applies some groundwork; new XP tables 0-180, revised drop rates 0-170, Skillbook crafting, "Perfect" Gems and Orbs (and more)

Feel free to express your current in-game-gripes and we may be able to factor them into the changes

My chief complaint is the drop rate of items to upgrade evil mir weapons. I've said this before but they need to actually drop in past bichon more. These weapons are ridiculously hard to upgrade and by the time you do, you have out leveled the weapon in question. Yes I know they "supposedly, i have yet to get one" drop in catacombs gp, but that is a 185+ cave, and these are 172 weapons. Not everyone hunts in groups and not everyone can solo in catacombs gp at 172-177.

-Nuture. Increase pet tame time like level 3 of the spell says or remove the text please. This isnt an eshock skill update/upgrade. This is Nurture and the spell flat says its supposed to increase tame time and doesn't. Either remove that text or update it pls :)

-Wizzy pet menagerie. Charge gold or gg to tame pets based on level. Once you hit a certain level, you need to be able to tame certain pets to progress, and without a guild that can progress thru bdp/rdp, you are pretty much screwed as a high level wiz. You absolutely cannot solo to get the pets you NEED to progress.

-Updated poison bags for taos? Taos have many options for amulets, but are stuck with the same poison bags for many many many levels.

-Diamonskin is a useless spell. I know what its intended purpose was, but it is severely lacking imo.ive seen this on the forums alot

-Curse, Lower its output in pvp, but leave it the same in pve. I don't pvp, but I've seen countless posts on the forums about this one. Just throwing it out there.

I also made a few suggestions about the shop that no one seemed to argue with that may help out.

-One is scaling the prices of books in the shop based on level. Low level books start at 5gg then move up to 10>15>20, etc... until 150 books are 100gg. Not only would you be helping lower level players, a lot of them would be more apt to purchase these books instead of grinding and giving up.

-Another I think would be welcome is a change guild name scroll. Sell it for 300gg or something.

I'll edit/add more as I think of them.

Not really fair for the old players who spent so many months upgrading their Evilmir weapon.

I'm still working on my Elysian weapon. The weapon design is so expensive, and the ore is hard to get. What should I do now?

To be honest, I don't care if the fire gem drop rate increases.

Just to be fair, make Elysian easy too. I don't want to spend so much time and GG to upgrade Elysian, only for everything to become easy afterwards. If that's the case I rather wait until it's easy.

Last edited:
The old tradable way was easier than it is now. I know this after reading several of the threads complaining about it being time gated. People used to do guild hunts for those upgrading and finish it in a week. Now it takes 6 months of endless grinding.

The new way, right now, isn't the easier method. It's much harder as the only "reliable" drop of the gems outside of the quest is to farm catacombs gp, which is 10+ levels over then weapon itself. Making the entire process moot.

Things I would like to see ......

1) Rune removal tool or service
2) A way of getting elysian ores via NPC Dailey
3) A way of completeing Elysian upgrades if not in a big guild
4) better crafting for class - avoid usless non class stats on refines e.g. MC0-10 on a Tao weapon etc
5) Level 4 Skills
6) Better drop rate of questables in general
7) Actually make taking a finding pot worth it instead of it making 10000000 foods drop or HP MP pots .......
8) A way of making Maybulet accessable to non Sabuk Wall holders so actually other people can do quests (this is most camped boss by Sabuk Wall holders with there instant tp in to it making it nigh on impossible for avarage joe to get quest item )
9) More weapons to drop from mobs so crafting a weapon is more viable for the masses
10) Fix the bug in BDP with Queens minions spwaning at the door so wipes raid time and time again ........
11) Lower the amount in general of trash mobs in RDP and BDP to enable lesser guilds to actually complete it .
12) Wiz buy /rent a pet scheme with a stable .....

To be honest think theres alot of good posts on the forum with ideas etc aswell which i know Scorps you have replied to in the past so I am pretty sure you have a good handle on things ........................

my country is too far from the server so i always dc during bdp.. possible to fix this ? So when player are dc during bdp hunt they still can log in to continue it without being kickout ?

Runes
Please think VERY carefully if allowing sockets to be removed from items. I know a lot of people have asked for this, I agree that a solution is needed, but I strongly feel removing them from existing items is NOT the correct solution.

New players are the key to growth and continued life on the server, and they rely on old items that people spent a lot on years ago being passed down cheaply or even for free. Allowing rune removal would remove those items from circulation forever and would be a massive hinderance to new players, making "catch up" even harder.

My idea for improving rune availability is to utilise the NPCs sitting nicely around the bench just outside mud wall. Already two of them are used for quests and the others remain silent. Maybe one of those could work in the same way as the upgrade quest item "quotas" in order to collect runes. Much more engaging than camping level 110 bosses all day and gives people a guaranteed result.

Disconnections
Although it hasn't happened to me for a while (well, once maybe a couple of months ago) I can understand how frustrating it can be for people who have poor connections. I think allowing relogging in places such as BDP/RDD/Arena within a strict time limit (say, 5 minutes) would help. Of course some things need to be considered, such as what happens if your group leaves and another group goes in while you are offline. I'm sure there will be plenty "edge cases" to be thought of, but it's just a convenience rather than game-changing.

Gold and Game Gold
Just a convenience thing, call it sheer laziness if you like. But rather than each character on an account having separate pots of gold and game gold, could they all be shared, so you have an amount of gold and an amount of gamegold, and these can be accessed from all characters on the account. The only place I can see that being a problem is Skull Island if it ever makes a return, but that can be considered at the time if it comes to it

Wizard Pets
The way pets are at the moment are so vital to playing, people (including me I will admit) have been pushing for a long time to make them easier to manage and easier to keep, purely because without them it's barely worthwhile playing a wizard. You've made it very clear you're reluctant to make any further changes to improve pets in those ways, so I'll think about going a complete 180 on the idea. Make pets worse, but make them much more disposable and less required to play. Make wizards playable without relying so heavily on pets. As it is, 90% of gameplay as a wizard right now is trying to make sure nobody steals or kills your pets, which completely sucks the fun out of it.

Fighting
I won't go into detail here because it'll just derail the thread, you know what it's like. Might email you later with some of my ideas here.

The problem that frustrates so many people at the moment is that the winner of fights is determined by two things
1. Which group has more people
2. Who spends more gg

There's literally no skill involved. If those things mattered less, and it was more about actual skill and ability at playing the game, then people might be more engaged in it and willing to participate rather than just find ways to avoid it completely

The only change we need is get rid of cry baby’s!! Game is perfectly fine and thank you for new update. Apart from all mentioned by CSCowboy/grit they have good points.

You must fix finding pots
I buy Hunt Bundles I use the finding pot on guild hunts solo etc
I and am Ranked 1 i have the XCap bonus , subscription and the treasure trinket and a pot , I got 5 ish unis from sub bosses in last month , I have screenies and notes to back this up.
Why do you rip players of like this the pot is not worth the cost in GG it fools people unless event is on even then it triggers food and hp and mp pots more than items ........
sorry but after putting a lot of research players are better of hunting on a moon with just a trinket dont bother with pots ......

tbh your better off just hunting whole cave with just treasurer trinket and level 194 as it doesn't increase when 195, you get even more uni's then, ok not elysian items admittedly but can then use designs/esse for upgrades. Just saying. But also why i'm not playing or have any stalls up atm. 8 mil for a torch or tough oil. Cheaper to use gg. Bring back easter bunnies and gold sink.

tbh your better off just hunting whole cave with just treasurer trinket and level 194 as it doesn't increase when 195, you get even more uni's then, ok not elysian items admittedly but can then use designs/esse for upgrades. Just saying. But also why i'm not playing or have any stalls up atm. 8 mil for a torch or tough oil. Cheaper to use gg. Bring back easter bunnies and gold sink.
It's not a gold sink that's needed atm, the current problem is that no one is buying anything for gg, in ah or otherwise. So the price of gold bars drops thus driving up the prices, in gold, for torches tough oils etc. The economy is quiet literally at a standstill due to player inactivity.

The question is why are people not playing? Well I've been ringing that bell since Easter. It's simple. People leveled to much to quickly. People that went above 190 found out how hard it is to level and gave up due to slow xp and crappy drops.

People that went from 150 to 170/180 leveled so much they can't afford gear they need to level in the dungeons that are appropriate to their level. You have a lot of 180 people running around in 150 gear because they can't afford celestial/upgrades/books, etc...

The drop rate for that gear is way too low and the people that pk over the bosses that do drop that gear sit on it because they refuse to sell it for a reasonable price. So those that need that gear to progress choose to quit instead.

It's the whole mentality of, we did it the hard way, now so do you. Well those people that can't get their gear choose to leave instead.

I've been ringing this alarm for quiet some time now but the 5 or 6 people that control the economy seem to not care. Well, it's finally caught up and now the player count is tanking.

What needs to be discussed now is how to get those players back. Because stashing items people need onto 40 mules because prices in gg are too low isn't the solution.
-edit-
Saturday night 730pm uk time, prime time, and only 73 people online. Most afk in town or stalls. That pretty much says it all.

Last edited:
It's not a gold sink that's needed atm, the current problem is that no one is buying anything for gg, in ah or otherwise. So the price of gold bars drops thus driving up the prices, in gold, for torches tough oils etc. The economy is quiet literally at a standstill due to player inactivity.

The question is why are people not playing? Well I've been ringing that bell since Easter. It's simple. People leveled to much to quickly. People that went above 190 found out how hard it is to level and gave up due to slow xp and crappy drops.

People that went from 150 to 170/180 leveled so much they can't afford gear they need to level in the dungeons that are appropriate to their level. You have a lot of 180 people running around in 150 gear because they can't afford celestial/upgrades/books, etc...

The drop rate for that gear is way too low and the people that pk over the bosses that do drop that gear sit on it because they refuse to sell it for a reasonable price. So those that need that gear to progress choose to quit instead.

It's the whole mentality of, we did it the hard way, now so do you. Well those people that can't get their gear choose to leave instead.

I've been ringing this alarm for quiet some time now but the 5 or 6 people that control the economy seem to not care. Well, it's finally caught up and now the player count is tanking.

What needs to be discussed now is how to get those players back. Because stashing items people need onto 40 mules because prices in gg are too low isn't the solution.
-edit-
Saturday night 730pm uk time, prime time, and only 73 people online. Most afk in town or stalls. That pretty much says it all.
Please don't take this a dig m8 that is not my intention i'm just replying to you.

In fairness I had no problem with the leveling. Getting to 195 was still a grind but then that's what LOM has always been "the grind to level". I even did 1st upgrade on 190 weapon (well it was 192 and gained 2 levels making it 194) but I expected that. I would be interested to know from @Scorpian whether the same drop rate is applied to all quest items for upgrades because the prisms and enchanted mineral seems to drop a whole lot more than Fire and Dark gems. But also it wasn't that easy when I did my EM weapon but had the luxury of being able to buy, trade or swap with others that were doing it at the same time. Fragments from 185 gp cave seem to have nose dived and lucky to get 1 or 2 a week but do get quite a few fire and dark gem chips drop in there as well as orc quest items.

No players, no gold sales, no any sales as you have said but they are still buying torches, oils and elixirs regardless of the price as they were before Easter event when a chest was 100gg. I was still getting 100mil+ of sales in a day from 2 stalls before I took down stalls. I have just chosen not to waste the gg I have just to change it into gold that no one is buying. I think I have about a bill in gold and there are others with a whole lot more. I have bought quite a few bits from AH for my war and paid gg and thought prices were reasonable. But also the game does need some gold sinks because there is so much gold in game. I'm also a bit of a hoarder and am guilty of keeping lower level items on store chars but I do also give and lend guildies items.

Some of the issues have already been pointed out by Gritt, Zade and yourself in this and other threads. Over 2 years now we've been waiting for level 4 spells to allow us to be able to tame pets for longer but we are still waiting. Zade's point that a wiz is pretty useless unless you have decent pets is true, a stable to leave your pets so they don't time out would be a bonus instead of wasting half the time hunting.

As you have said player retention is a problem that needs sorting. Arcadia has become a event only server at the moment. Over 200 players and there stores on for Easter event.

There are a whole load of things that need sorting in this game but I trust that @Scorpian has it in hand. Not certain if he is the only one coding for the server or if there is a small team behind him as well. It would be nice if @Scorpian and @Warda were a bit more active on the forum and kept players in the loop. It's just the continual silence from gm's all the time.

Just have to watch this space and wait till update is applied.

You must fix finding pots
I buy Hunt Bundles I use the finding pot on guild hunts solo etc
I and am Ranked 1 i have the XCap bonus , subscription and the treasure trinket and a pot , I got 5 ish unis from sub bosses in last month , I have screenies and notes to back this up.
Why do you rip players of like this the pot is not worth the cost in GG it fools people unless event is on even then it triggers food and hp and mp pots more than items ........
sorry but after putting a lot of research players are better of hunting on a moon with just a trinket dont bother with pots ......
From experience I’ve noticed find pot gives you -30% instead of + lol. Big rip off

Back