screen issue | The Legend of Mir

screen issue

Bella01

Newby
Hi guys, can anyone tell me how to fix this issue i am having with the ingame screen please. My pc works fine with the game but for some reason my laptop has went like this and hurts to play.
ill attach photo in a second

File is to large to attach 😅 basically the letters of drop items and character names don’t look right, as if the screen needs widened or something

Yeah i have it in full screen mode although the screen has black around it, so it isnt filling my screen properly.
Its like having it in window mode but with black on the outside.
Hope that makes sense

Yeah i have it in full screen mode although the screen has black around it, so it isnt filling my screen properly.
Its like having it in window mode but with black on the outside.
Hope that makes sense
two big blacks on the side? thats normal this is how most people play the game including me, I'm totally used to it now and have been using it for a couple years

Check display driver settings, usually something there saying stretch to fit
I carnt see anything difference between my laptop setting and my pc settings, pc plays it fine but laptop doesn’t want to play ball. Even tried uninstalling it and re downloading it

The game is designed in 4:3 ratio resolution, that was normal for every monitor 20+ years ago when the game was made
Monitors these days are all 16:9 ratio resolution, so either play in window mode, or play in "full screen" mode but in 4:3 so the game won't take up the full width, hence the empty spaces either side, or if your graphics drivers allow it (most will, google for instructions for your specific graphics card/driver) you can get it to stretch to the full width of your screen, but it'll look really weird. I definitely recommend just leaving it in 4:3 so it looks right

The game is designed in 4:3 ratio resolution, that was normal for every monitor 20+ years ago when the game was made
Monitors these days are all 16:9 ratio resolution, so either play in window mode, or play in "full screen" mode but in 4:3 so the game won't take up the full width, hence the empty spaces either side, or if your graphics drivers allow it (most will, google for instructions for your specific graphics card/driver) you can get it to stretch to the full width of your screen, but it'll look really weird. I definitely recommend just leaving it in 4:3 so it looks right
I see what your saying, and I would happily leave it at this size but that’s not what is bothering me, it’s the text / writing of the drops and charater names etc they seem over lapped and hurts the head, you struggle to hunt like this I wish the photo would upload

this is what I see on my laptop. The charaters name etc just aren’t right. Hope this helps find a solution

Attachments

• 551F3C50-D682-43F4-9A27-D132E0B5D7F7.jpeg
    551F3C50-D682-43F4-9A27-D132E0B5D7F7.jpeg
    665.1 KB · Views: 19
Ah, that's a font issue. I can't remember what the name of the font is that Arcadia uses, but this will happen if it's somehow been deleted, so it falls back to another one that doesn't fit properly. It's not part of the Mir installation, it's part of Windows, so reinstalling the game won't help. Need to find the name of the font and get that installed. Maybe GM can help get the name

Ah, that's a font issue. I can't remember what the name of the font is that Arcadia uses, but this will happen if it's somehow been deleted, so it falls back to another one that doesn't fit properly. It's not part of the Mir installation, it's part of Windows, so reinstalling the game won't help. Need to find the name of the font and get that installed. Maybe GM can help get the name
MS Sans Serif
Also, I think Andy and some of the community members raised this previously and came up with a potential solution, have a look at some of the recommendations in this thread. They may work for you too:

MS Sans Serif
Also, I think Andy and some of the community members raised this previously and came up with a potential solution, have a look at some of the recommendations in this thread. They may work for you too:

Dang your google-fu is strong. I knew that thread existed but couldn't find it, good work!

Back