Rev issue | Page 2 | The Legend of Mir

Rev issue

Would there be a group of protesters at my door if I removed the log out to reset rev "feature"?

Do people think its fair or do you just do it because everyone else can and does? Seems odd in terms of game-play to be logging in and out but I like how this is not possible on certain maps

I expect there would be a group with torches and pitchforks, a lot of people do use it, but I wouldn't be one of them. I use it a bit but not a lot, and removing it would give us all the same disadvantage, so doesn't really affect balance.

Shouldn't be an issue with logging in / out too fast. If you get the new connection messages like welcome and quest notifications then that means everything has reset.

After having a look, I think the issue is that this whole idea of logging out to reset revive ring is basically a bug. There was no specific reset parameter - it was simply grabbing a random number, which works great when the server has been rebooted recently. It seems odd though that no one has raised this issue before.

Also the timer restarts every time you are revived, it doesn't matter how.

mmm bug or not i think its a handy basic rules that we are all used too.. any changes to this will likely bring protesters to your door thats for sure..

The game and PVP will be very different if you remove the reset for rev ring when logging.

i think this would be good tbh, actually makes it a risk if you rev, u can risk it and stay or have to sit out for 5mins for the timer to reset

i think this would be good tbh, actually makes it a risk if you rev, u can risk it and stay or have to sit out for 5mins for the timer to reset

Yep I agree here , used to be a pain in the arse when fighting shy / lolling at sky night and you make them rev so u trans in to get the killer cop , and they just rt relog and instantly back again , I remember 1 night making lolina rev n log about 8 times during 1 fighting sesh at 4tails , I'd like to see the more risk element of where the person decides to stay and continuie fighting you known theyv rev'd

Would there be a group of protesters at my door if I removed the log out to reset rev "feature"?

Do people think its fair or do you just do it because everyone else can and does? Seems odd in terms of game-play to be logging in and out but I like how this is not possible on certain maps

Think it would be a great idea to get rid of the relog for rev and make it a 30 min reset time it would stop people being able to solo group bosses. Everything would be alot more challenging

Yep I agree here , used to be a pain in the arse when fighting shy / lolling at sky night and you make them rev so u trans in to get the killer cop , and they just rt relog and instantly back again , I remember 1 night making lolina rev n log about 8 times during 1 fighting sesh at 4tails , I'd like to see the more risk element of where the person decides to stay and continuie fighting you known theyv rev'd

That's a very good point. I don't get involved in pvp much but I did have a very similar experience recently, some tao tried to steal 4T from me and they would rev, log out and in and come straight back. Quite annoying. If they had to wait 5 mins for rev instead of just relogging that would be less annoying for me because I would have either had dropped them or "won" and had the boss to myself

Also think its worth a mention to put a similar 30 second cooldown to Revive Scrolls like the same as the taoist revive spell , as getting a PK and then getting a PK drop is rare enough just to have the person INSTANTLY use a rev scroll and pick up there dropped stuff is a massive kick in the balls

Let's remove the ability to reset our rev rings by logging

People log in and out about 20x during a war, this would seriously change how wars play out, and potentially who keeps castles.

People who camp and hog bosses may not like it, but hey... they are camping and hogging your bosses too.....

GM would make more money on revive scrolls.. and body drop scrolls

People will complain about anything, torches and pitchforks are part of the territory.

PK may change pace a bit... I'm pretty sure people in ZT are also logging multiple times during a fight. But is that even PK? No risk... or only the risk of forgetting to log, or letting your rev ring get too low.

Super high/strong players would still dominate... but also wind up losing kit far more often, giving incentive for lower players to keep trying.

Let's remove the ability to reset our rev rings by logging

People log in and out about 20x during a war, this would seriously change how wars play out, and potentially who keeps castles.

People who camp and hog bosses may not like it, but hey... they are camping and hogging your bosses too.....

GM would make more money on revive scrolls.. and body drop scrolls

People will complain about anything, torches and pitchforks are part of the territory.

PK may change pace a bit... I'm pretty sure people in ZT are also logging multiple times during a fight. But is that even PK? No risk... or only the risk of forgetting to log, or letting your rev ring get too low.

Super high/strong players would still dominate... but also wind up losing kit far more often, giving incentive for lower players to keep trying.

I like this!

Game gets boring this way, the wait for rev cool down, the constant use of GG, if in the end its just about money that take away the fun of pk ppl would just give up & stop playing and whats left are care bears in game, i'd say just leave rev as it is

Plus there're disadvantages for players that isn't ranged or have several pets to fight for u while u are running around & away, u know what i mean =)

Note: Scorp please check inbox

Last edited:

Leave rev as it is. This has only become an issue due to recent deaths and players losing kit, it’s part of game to die and drop just as players take advantage of logging out for rev reset. You can’t just constantly alter game play due to cries, it makes it interesting not knowing if your rev will work or fail.

Isn't relogging to reset your rev just like bug exploiting in a way? Cool down is there for a reason. Maybe a debuff icon next to your buffs would be good, can see if you're still on cool down then

Isn't relogging to reset your rev just like bug exploiting in a way? Cool down is there for a reason. Maybe a debuff icon next to your buffs would be good, can see if you're still on cool down then

Yep it is a bug and was never corrected since beta Mir. But yes your recommendation is good. Ps CIZ why the fyk you neva thank me on a post c7nt.

could definitely be an interesting change and really make people think more in all aspects pve and pvp, maybe remove the bug and possibly reduce the timer to 2.5 / 3 mins ? saves people sitting out for half the wars etc as them 5mins add up lol

could definitely be an interesting change and really make people think more in all aspects pve and pvp, maybe remove the bug and possibly reduce the timer to 2.5 / 3 mins ? saves people sitting out for half the wars etc as them 5mins add up lol

Just don't rev pal 😂

And everyone would be playing wizzys

Back