its time for change | Page 2 | The Legend of Mir

its time for change

This. 1000%

All you can do is wear a Rev ring, keep an rt and tt in number 5 and 6 and pay attention to mini map.
I mean it happens, I got PK'd all the time by Immortals when I just started the game and was in a PvE guild, it happens.... Normally got caught when I looked away from your monitor for a second ha. Tbh it does keep you on your toes, forcing you to constantly press M.

The best way to play this game if you're a PvE player is to literally hoard DS points during events and live in GP Caves.

Buddy, what (other than a better last man standing) could GM do to improve PvP?

Any PvP minded players are free to meet up and batter the living day lights out of each other at any time.

Genuine question as to what GM can do to improve the game for PvP players that doesn't detract from the game for PvE?
King of the hill, FFA type challenges. Or tournaments etc

Remove the npc that deletes pk points for demon souls and let pkers truly be punished for pking?

The same complaint that was said to remove bound kit is the same complaint being said now.

Pkers are bored.

Now they're resorting to grief tactics like what happened to MM, which should get some people temp banned in my opinion.

Pkers are sat outside of entrances of all public caves recalling groups of pkers and killing anyone who enters. Bug cave and szt are two of the biggest places.

They go floor to floor rting looking for anyone they can kill.

As pve players we're used to it and just rt and move on or hunt in gp safe zone caves.
I already messaged gm regarding the grief that happened to MM. Was told need to rt or tt or simply don't pk/stay peace mode lol But when you've got enemy's recalling noobs in to ur fire during pk, or noobs hitting ur pets so they get killed is avoidable . But anyway.
I agree that hell should be removed and harder punishments for pk introduced. Will stop pk on pve and maybe not allowed to pk people 30 level or less then ur level. Will also sort most grief play.

I mean it happens, I got PK'd all the time by Immortals when I just started the game and was in a PvE guild, it happens.... Normally got caught when I looked away from your monitor for a second ha. Tbh it does keep you on your toes, forcing you to constantly press M.

The best way to play this game if you're a PvE player is to literally hoard DS points during events and live in GP Caves.
Who pked you and what guild were u in?

I already messaged gm regarding the grief that happened to MM. Was told need to rt or tt or simply don't pk/stay peace mode lol But when you've got enemy's recalling noobs in to ur fire during pk, or noobs hitting ur pets so they get killed is avoidable . But anyway.
I agree that hell should be removed and harder punishments for pk introduced. Will stop pk on pve and maybe not allowed to pk people 30 level or less then ur level. Will also sort most grief play.
There's zero repercussions to pk atm. None.

People are being griefed off maps and shit like this is what drives decent honest players off the server.

Remove player count from M function and remove the ability to buy away pk points, or triple the cost.

There was a reason probe necklaces aren't functional, because it was a grief tool, and the M function is being used the same way.

i see alot of replys concerned about being pk'd and punishments..... if you dont like it my only advice is to go and play runescape.

PK is a part of mir wether you like it or not.

Hasta luego.

not gonna lie I'm a level 143 wizz and I just say lo as soon as I see someone, I'm not guild affiliated and have never been pk'd yet if I'm on a boss (albeit lowish level) ppl just say hi and run past.

I do however agree with the 30? level limit although I would set it to 20 above and below if thats programmable.

not gonna lie I'm a level 143 wizz and I just say lo as soon as I see someone, I'm not guild affiliated and have never been pk'd yet if I'm on a boss (albeit lowish level) ppl just say hi and run past.

I do however agree with the 30? level limit although I would set it to 20 above and below if thats programmable.
Sounds good in theory but the problem with that is that I could go and make a level 160 character and kit it out like crazy and go solo everything and all the high levels can't pk me, I could cause all sorts of mayhem, luring on people etc., screwing up hunts, and they wouldn't be able to do anything about it because I'm too low level. A lot of people would do stuff like that if they could, it's why a level restriction on pk never really works

i see alot of replys concerned about being pk'd and punishments..... if you dont like it my only advice is to go and play runescape.

PK is a part of mir wether you like it or not.

Hasta luego.
You misunderstand, I'm not against pk. It is and always has been a part of the game, but the pk system only works if there's checks and balances.

Currently there is zero repercussions to pk. You can just pay away pk points.

This function needs deleted or the price tripled to level the playing field.

Sounds good in theory but the problem with that is that I could go and make a level 160 character and kit it out like crazy and go solo everything and all the high levels can't pk me, I could cause all sorts of mayhem, luring on people etc., screwing up hunts, and they wouldn't be able to do anything about it because I'm too low level. A lot of people would do stuff like that if they could, it's why a level restriction on pk never really works
Agreed, but anyone could, the prevention measure is can you really be arsed creating a new char kitting it out like crazy just for a few low level pk's? It's a lot of gg for not much benefit. It would allow lower levels to have a chance, but as I've already stated I've never been pk'd in lower level content just a friendly lo goes a long way.

Yo
Agreed, but anyone could, the prevention measure is can you really be arsed creating a new char kitting it out like crazy just for a few low level pk's? It's a lot of gg for not much benefit. It would allow lower levels to have a chance, but as I've already stated I've never been pk'd in lower level content just a friendly lo goes a long way.
You'd be surprised how far people will go. There's already several people who have armies of chars for various purposes

You misunderstand, I'm not against pk. It is and always has been a part of the game, but the pk system only works if there's checks and balances.

Currently there is zero repercussions to pk. You can just pay away pk points.

This function needs deleted or the price tripled to level the playing field.

Nope, there shouldn't be further punishments for Player Killing (PK) in MMOs. Why should you get in trouble for taking out other players in the game? I really don't agree with the idea that PK points shouldn't be taken away by npc or that the penalty should be made three times worse. That's just not fair. Are we trying to stop PvP/PK altogether? You can't have a Mir 2 server without PK, man grow some balls you're high level now ;)

However I do believe something has to be put in place to stop level 190's killing level 150's. Like for example today I saw a level 198 warrior targeting a 146 tao, I think the penalty should be HUGE if you kill someone who is 30-40 levels lower than you or something.
And even bigger if you're targeting someone 50-80 levels lower, like why would you do that in the first place (Have seen it happen)

I think Pkers should be punished by being locked in a room with this playing at full volume for 1 week ...........

However I do believe something has to be put in place to stop level 190's killing level 150's. Like for example today I saw a level 198 warrior targeting a 146 tao, I think the penalty should be HUGE if you kill someone who is 30-40 levels lower than you or something.
And even bigger if you're targeting someone 50-80 levels lower, like why would you do that in the first place (Have seen it happen)
This right here has been what I've been saying all along.

But what penalty? More pk points you can just buy away?

There is no penalty.

Demon souls are so fking easy to get.

Edit

For future reference DK, I am ALWAYS talking about high levels pking low levels. If you get to 170 you should know how to avoid pk lol

As I've said before and I'll say it again. I just rt away from pkers. It's up to them if they want to waste their time not killing me and playing whack -a- mole chasing me :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
This right here has been what I've been saying all along.

But what penalty? More pk points you can just buy away?

There is no penalty.

Demon souls are so fking easy to get.

Edit

For future reference DK, I am ALWAYS talking about high levels pking low levels. If you get to 170 you should know how to avoid pk lol

As I've said before and I'll say it again. I just rt away from pkers. It's up to them if they want to waste their time not killing me and playing whack -a- mole chasing me :ROFLMAO:
For example if you pk someone 30-40 levels lower, instant hell + like 2k pk points or something very high so it costs you a fortune to escape hell.
This would prevent high level players killing low level players as they wouldn't want to waste ALL their demon souls just cause they killed one low lvl player.

And got it, thought you meant pk in general.

I honestly don't know what the solution could be.

My idea was the remove the Npc for one reason, it would mean you'd have to be selective of who you pk or you would have to afk in hell to burn points.

That's what the pk system was originally meant for on euro. It was the punishment. You wanted to pk? No town services for you, you had more body drops and you had to stay logged in to get rid of pk points.

Now you can just pay an Npc and pk freely all you want and I think that's kind of shit.

Since posting this, Cheng has left the sz 1 time!! (Think he went out to get milk or something as he nearly died to the a herd of animals east of bw)

Back