Toxic, toxic, toxic :( | Page 2 | The Legend of Mir

Toxic, toxic, toxic :(

There could be a lot more available for new starters
Can you elaborate on exactly what you would prefer to see for new starters? What do you think would improve the experience?

A few people lately have been saying very generic messages of "it's all bad, it's rubbish etc" which isn't helpful. Give specific ideas and explain specifically what problems you've faced and they will very likely be considered in future updates.

In my experience, GM has made a huge amount of changes over the years relating to feedback but he's not a mind reader, you need to explain what issues you're experiencing

The problem is that it is too easy to skip all of the early content, as you can fly through the levels just by completing a single farmer's quest. It has made most of the lower-level content irrelevant. I understand that this was done to help new players catch up so I am not sure what the solution would be.

The problem is that it is too easy to skip all of the early content, as you can fly through the levels just by completing a single farmer's quest. It has made most of the lower-level content irrelevant. I understand that this was done to help new players catch up so I am not sure what the solution would be.
I agree with this it is made too easy but it was designed that way to get people up to higher levels, there needs to be high levels to keep the high levels players playing.

But if there wasn't such quests which seem silly at the time then new guys would have a 10 year wait to even achieve anything like the high levels. There is no solution I don't think just that the lower level content is there if you wish to do it. But if you want to power up do the quests the choice is really down to the player. Great game.

I shouted in town for help with the heroes quest and had 3 other willing players within 5minutes. Just got keep trying.

Instead of the farmer's quest to skip the early content, I would suggest that for the first 100 levels, new players get an exp boost. This will make them move through the lower-level content and allow them to build kit and learn how to fight. Once they reach lvl100, the farmer's quest could open up to them.

The farmers quests were not created to “skip” levels. That happened when exp tables were altered.
Those quests used to be challenging on Project69 when they were created. Almost the whole of the beginnings of the game is Project69. You guys don’t realise what you’re asking for if you want that section of the game to be slower lol.

Maybe “landmark” NPC in Border Town would be a good idea; so if you fly past content you can speak to him and he will give you a kit that is not sellable and can only be destroyed by dropping it, of your appropriate level say up to level 105 maximum

And advise you to refer to the Hunters Resource guide and Quick Hunt menu to get back on track.

the lower levels could be smoothened out by adjust mob difficulty in the ranges off 100-120 imo the kit which is readily available from the local shops aren’t effective enough I believe which ultimately is why people boost players. When people are struggling a lot 120-140 and seeing guys maxed out at 195+ can be abit demoralising, I completely understand that it’s a grind I do and should be hard but making the 100-140 slog abit easier by putting okay kit in some stores.

I genuinely think if it was abit easier at these level you would see more players as the servers great I’m loving it iv played for about a month now and iv got 2 chars lvl 183 but I have been going nuts and playing quite alot, at the end of the day the more players higher level surely will make the server much better?.

The farmers quests were not created to “skip” levels. That happened when exp tables were altered.
Those quests used to be challenging on Project69 when they were created. Almost the whole of the beginnings of the game is Project69. You guys don’t realise what you’re asking for if you want that section of the game to be slower lol.

Maybe “landmark” NPC in Border Town would be a good idea; so if you fly past content you can speak to him and he will give you a kit that is not sellable and can only be destroyed by dropping it, of your appropriate level say up to level 105 maximum

And advise you to refer to the Hunters Resource guide and Quick Hunt menu to get back on track.
All seems reasonable

The difficulties at lower levels and lack of recourses available is my opinion why the server is quite stagnant in terms of UC and ultimately makes people not want to stick around, I often put gold lower level items in AH for cheap but I often see higher levels selling kit for ridiculous prices which is a shame really.

And although zade obviously cares alot for the server and it’s well-being I think some of the stuff he says is based on his grind and how he thinks it should be rather than being more open to options

It may not have been designed to skip levels, but that is how it's now used. You can create a noob, run to Bichon and get the necklace dropped from the mobs at the gate and be propelled to level 83 by that one act. All the earlier caves are only helpful for achievements or quests and no longer present any challenge. This must be addressed as it renders a large part of the game moot, a waste of space and server resources.

the lower levels could be smoothened out by adjust mob difficulty in the ranges off 100-120 imo the kit which is readily available from the local shops aren’t effective enough I believe which ultimately is why people boost players. When people are struggling a lot 120-140 and seeing guys maxed out at 195+ can be abit demoralising, I completely understand that it’s a grind I do and should be hard but making the 100-140 slog abit easier by putting okay kit in some stores.

I genuinely think if it was abit easier at these level you would see more players as the servers great I’m loving it iv played for about a month now and iv got 2 chars lvl 183 but I have been going nuts and playing quite alot, at the end of the day the more players higher level surely will make the server much better?.
Buy from auction, sell ingredients coin raises fast. Books expensive tho casewrap 10m coins

And although zade obviously cares alot for the server and it’s well-being I think some of the stuff he says is based on his grind and how he thinks it should be rather than being more open to options
On the contrary, I am very open to considering the way other people approach the game

I've watched a lot of people start playing, level up, get kit, and leave when they get bored. From what I've seen, the people who get high level very quickly by being boosted tend to be the fastest to quit as soon as the handouts dry up.

Players who hang around and stay on the server long time are generally those who have put the work in themselves, those are the people who we should be supporting

Obviously there are exceptions, everyone is different, but that's a strong general pattern that I've observed over the last five years

It's why I'm always keen to help new players out with detailed advice, show them how to get the things they need, find out what their goals are and show them to how get there by themselves. I very rarely and only in specific exceptional circumstances hand out kit etc.

Your point about kit at lower levels is a perfect example of that. I made a new char and without any help from my main, no input at all, played it without anything that a brand new player wouldn't have. All the kit I needed I found as I went along. Was fully kitted with the right kit for my level all the way up to 130. At which point I bought a few things from AH, there was loads to choose and most were pretty reasonable, a few mill gold for an item was completely fine, I'd saved up that gold while levelling no problem

I've done this on a few chars of various classes now just so I have proper visibility of the situation and I'm not on here talking about things I don't properly know about, and I honestly haven't had any problems at all

I understand some people want to skip low level content and become competitive and that's fine if that's what you want to do, but if you play it that way you have to understand that some cash will need spent to keep your kit up to pace with your levels

On the contrary, I am very open to considering the way other people approach the game

I've watched a lot of people start playing, level up, get kit, and leave when they get bored. From what I've seen, the people who get high level very quickly by being boosted tend to be the fastest to quit as soon as the handouts dry up.

Players who hang around and stay on the server long time are generally those who have put the work in themselves, those are the people who we should be supporting

Obviously there are exceptions, everyone is different, but that's a strong general pattern that I've observed over the last five years

It's why I'm always keen to help new players out with detailed advice, show them how to get the things they need, find out what their goals are and show them to how get there by themselves. I very rarely and only in specific exceptional circumstances hand out kit etc.

Your point about kit at lower levels is a perfect example of that. I made a new char and without any help from my main, no input at all, played it without anything that a brand new player wouldn't have. All the kit I needed I found as I went along. Was fully kitted with the right kit for my level all the way up to 130. At which point I bought a few things from AH, there was loads to choose and most were pretty reasonable, a few mill gold for an item was completely fine, I'd saved up that gold while levelling no problem

I've done this on a few chars of various classes now just so I have proper visibility of the situation and I'm not on here talking about things I don't properly know about, and I honestly haven't had any problems at all

I understand some people want to skip low level content and become competitive and that's fine if that's what you want to do, but if you play it that way you have to understand that some cash will need spent to keep your kit up to pace with your levels
Hit the nail on the head there.
People need to do it for themselves. It's the drive that keeps it interesting.

I bought a lv 140 Holycrystalsword or something a few days ago when I was lv 137 so smashed in 3 levels quite quick because I was dying to give it a whirl!

It's every little milestone that keeps the game interesting and longevity. Make things too easy or too cheap or whatever it just gets boring.

Imagine if you could get the very best kit on the game and stick it on a new player from fresh they would just have no drive or motivation to do the grind. The long grind is important. Sometimes it's fun sometimes it's a Ball ache.

You helped me Zad by pointing me in the right directions, first one on here to help out everything I've asked. Top guy.

With relation to other poster saying you only want them to do things your way, that's pretty much anyone giving advice can ever do, I train people in my work and afterwards I always tell them, my way isn't the only way, or might not be the best way, it's just the way I do it and you'll find your own way.

This game is so massive with so many variables there is many paths to success.

Thanks Zad

Hit the nail on the head there.
People need to do it for themselves. It's the drive that keeps it interesting.

I bought a lv 140 Holycrystalsword or something a few days ago when I was lv 137 so smashed in 3 levels quite quick because I was dying to give it a whirl!

It's every little milestone that keeps the game interesting and longevity. Make things too easy or too cheap or whatever it just gets boring.

Imagine if you could get the very best kit on the game and stick it on a new player from fresh they would just have no drive or motivation to do the grind. The long grind is important. Sometimes it's fun sometimes it's a Ball ache.

You helped me Zad by pointing me in the right directions, first one on here to help out everything I've asked. Top guy.

With relation to other poster saying you only want them to do things your way, that's pretty much anyone giving advice can ever do, I train people in my work and afterwards I always tell them, my way isn't the only way, or might not be the best way, it's just the way I do it and you'll find your own way.

This game is so massive with so many variables there is many paths to success.

Thanks Zad
I'm humbled by your praise, but it's not as selfless as it might seem. For me, nurturing and helping new players is a an essential task that I feel experienced players are, not quite obligated, but certainly encouraged to do. Without new blood, the game will get stale. New people joining, staying, and immersing themselves in the community is the key to keeping a game like this alive, and catalysing that process is the underlying goal I'm aiming for whenever I write a guide or give some advice

I'm humbled by your praise, but it's not as selfless as it might seem. For me, nurturing and helping new players is a an essential task that I feel experienced players are, not quite obligated, but certainly encouraged to do. Without new blood, the game will get stale. New people joining, staying, and immersing themselves in the community is the key to keeping a game like this alive, and catalysing that process is the underlying goal I'm aiming for whenever I write a guide or give some advice
I'm still learning new things all the time. Its so much more complex from the original game. Its fun. Keep up the good work. Will always appreciate what you did for me and others and your right if no new blood comes through then ultimately the game slowly dies.

You shouldn’t have to do that though… that’s the point a lot of people don’t want that they want to log and crack on them selfs I think a update to vendors could be nice just to give them the basics to be able to hunt at places there level.

You shouldn’t have to do that though… that’s the point a lot of people don’t want that they want to log and crack on them selfs I think a update to vendors could be nice just to give them the basics to be able to hunt at places there level.
What exactly is stopping you, can you be specific?

I see your point but the reality is if people can’t stick it out the first few levels to 120 or so, then they probs are not cut out for this game in the 1st place

The addition of skill pages was a nice touch , still way too rare imo. Did 8 levels on a noob 158-166 and got 1 page drop…

You need to be realistic and spend a little on GG. It helps enormously in getting better kit and skills, which allows you, in turn, to hunt areas where you get better drops and gold. I know this game can be played for free, but I think those who go down this route need to realise it will be a little harder for them to progress and get everything they want. By doing this, you will also be supporting the costs of running the server.

I understand some simply haven't got the spare cash to spend on GG and I respect the hard work they put in instead.

Back