Teleport Ring | The Legend of Mir

Teleport Ring

mamoset

So, prior to the minor changes before event to tele rings and how u can now click the map to tele to co-ords, I'd had the same tele ring for months with maybe 1 dura loss down to 2/5, updates and then event and my tele drops dura a lot quicker to the the point I needed to buy a new one, so taking advantage of the 1k offer I bought one. Less that 2 weeks later and not really a great deal of use due to boss recalls etc its now d4/5 already. I've not fought with the ring on nor left it on for a period of time for me to take hits and lose it that way. A few people in the guild have noticed this same issue aswell, have you changed the way in which the tele ring loses its dura? If not then why are we losing dura so quickly?

Cheers.

So, prior to the minor changes before event to tele rings and how u can now click the map to tele to co-ords, I'd had the same tele ring for months with maybe 1 dura loss down to 2/5, updates and then event and my tele drops dura a lot quicker to the the point I needed to buy a new one, so taking advantage of the 1k offer I bought one. Less that 2 weeks later and not really a great deal of use due to boss recalls etc its now d4/5 already. I've not fought with the ring on nor left it on for a period of time for me to take hits and lose it that way. A few people in the guild have noticed this same issue aswell, have you changed the way in which the tele ring loses its dura? If not then why are we losing dura so quickly?

Cheers.
glad some one brought this up. I have had relenting for like over 2 years I come back to Mir during event and now it’s grey 0.... definitely something has changed I want my FYKIN ring back.

ive lost 3 dura on 2 different rings in the last few weeks, somethings definately up... The last dura dropped which was the one that broke my tele ring , there was 100% no mobs even near me before and after tele'ing ... gotta be bugged or been changed

I Bought a fresh tele during event. and already its dura 4/5 lol... at first i thought it was weir but then thought might have forgotten to change rings.. but after thinking an remembering i know i i didnt do that..

but yea your right.. something is different with tele ring dura's

I bought tele ring at xmas and I'm always really careful with only wearing it to tele always switch it out before fighting anything. Was still dura 5 at start of event now it's dropped 1. Maybe just coincidence though...

same thing happened to me, used a telering for 2 years didnt lost 1 single dura during the event it dropped 1 dura (i'm 100% sure i didnt get any hit) many of my guild noticed the same thing. Andy plis....

Seems quite wide spread got to a bug or the mechanic behind teleport ring has been altered maybe either way be good to know!

Same thing here, have a 5/5 dura teleport ring and always were careful when teleporting i would quickly switch back to norm ring, had preserved the dura for 11 months or so? Just recently during easter event it has dropped to 4/5, fyi i was never hit by mobs, i'm suspecting they've been altered. Any confirmation from GM are welcomed.

Sounds like the makings of a conspiracy film. I will look into it of course. From what I understand/remember dura loss is defined by damage taken with a little RNG. Dura is stored as a number in the thousands where 1000 = 1 visible dura, so a fresh ring has 5000 dura. This number is rounded (it maybe truncated which would explain the conspiracy..) which means that as soon as you get to 4.5 it actually displays dura 4. My point is, with the way it is displayed actually dropping to 4 isn't quite as dramatic as it seems and it will take much longer to drop to 3 after that..

Let me look into it!

Sounds like the makings of a conspiracy film. I will look into it of course. From what I understand/remember dura loss is defined by damage taken with a little RNG. Dura is stored as a number in the thousands where 1000 = 1 visible dura, so a fresh ring has 5000 dura. This number is rounded (it maybe truncated which would explain the conspiracy..) which means that as soon as you get to 4.5 it actually displays dura 4. My point is, with the way it is displayed actually dropping to 4 isn't quite as dramatic as it seems and it will take much longer to drop to 3 after that..

Let me look into it!

Haha yeah I get why you would say that :D I don't know if you can track a teleport ring usage? When you get the message "Cannot be used for 5 seconds" or whatever it exactly says, does that count as a failed attempt but still knocks 1 off the 5000?

By all means check into my fresh one on Gideon and 5stars see if that shows any anomalies.

Haha yeah I get why you would say that :D I don't know if you can track a teleport ring usage? When you get the message "Cannot be used for 5 seconds" or whatever it exactly says, does that count as a failed attempt but still knocks 1 off the 5000?

By all means check into my fresh one on Gideon and 5stars see if that shows any anomalies.

Using the teleport rings' ability doesnt negate the durability value. You can effectively use it as many times as you need and it won't cost any durability. As scorpian said, durability loss is determined by damage taken. This is the same for all item types that use durability. The only exceptions being 'torches' (or other items that occupy the 'torch' slot) and of course the revival ring properties that negate the items durability if the players' health reaches 0.

Hmmm thats wierd , because my tele ring dropped to 0 when i was tele'ing through desert tunnel F3-F4 and there was honestly NOT ONE mob in sight, and after tele'ing to f4 stairs it dropped...

Also just out of curiosity if im wearing my tele and a mob swings at me and my agility means the mob swings n misses, would that take a hit on the tele?

Hmmm thats wierd , because my tele ring dropped to 0 when i was tele'ing through desert tunnel F3-F4 and there was honestly NOT ONE mob in sight, and after tele'ing to f4 stairs it dropped...

Also just out of curiosity if im wearing my tele and a mob swings at me and my agility means the mob swings n misses, would that take a hit on the tele?

That's strange, not entirely sure - as far as I'm aware there is no connection from the teleport ring's ability to dura control whatsoever.

If a monster misses, it won't affect durability.

Let me look into it!
fair enough but what about dura 0 (500) or dura 1 teles... they kinda in disadvantage here. As soon as the ring hits 499 dura its unusable.. no? if u want to stick to this formula then i think you should bring back special sale for tele rings for few days so we could snatch few quickly.. 1500gg is too much considering this dura thing now and the fact that you can easily drop a 150£ ring.

fair enough but what about dura 0 (500) or dura 1 teles... they kinda in disadvantage here. As soon as the ring hits 499 dura its unusable.. no? if u want to stick to this formula then i think you should bring back special sale for tele rings for few days so we could snatch few quickly.. 1500gg is too much considering this dura thing now and the fact that you can easily drop a 150£ ring.

0/5 and red is real dura between 1 and 499 but can still be used
0/5 and grey is real dura 0 then is unusable

- - - Updated - - -

Go to shop and put it in the box for sale or click quick sale and hover over it (just be careful not to click). The price it offers is directly related to dura. So you can watch the value going down as dura goes down this gives much more accurate way to tell real dura

- - - Updated - - -

Go to shop and put it in the box for sale or click quick sale and hover over it (just be careful not to click). The price it offers is directly related to dura. So you can watch the value going down as dura goes down this gives much more accurate way to tell real dura

Well In 5 years of playing this server I never knew that!

- - - Updated - - -

Already have trie selling tele to npc, my tele is grey and it says 300gold.. so there is still some life in it just that i cant use it now cause of the way server shows duras

Back