Announcement - Skull Island | The Legend of Mir

Announcement Skull Island

Scorpian

Administrator
Staff member
Arcadia is proud to present, Skull Island! A “New Character” event, available only to “NEW characters“!

The event will run from 14th October to event until 7th November. New entry ends 6th November.

Event Rules​

• Skull Island can only be accessed when a NEW character first logs in
  • Once you leave Skull Island or Heroes Homestead you can never return
  • Quests on Skull Island will reward account-bound benefits such as subscriptions
  • So that all accounts may benefit, we have temporarily removed the time restriction on character deletions/storage
  • You can enter Skull Island on all new characters, however some Quest rewards can only be collected once per account
  • There is no access to storage / item deposit

Not just new players​

The event is not just for new players, but for new characters! Create a new character on your account and enter the event.

For the event period only, the 14 day restore of stored characters will be paused so you can immediately store / restore your characters. After the event, it will return to a 14 day cooldown before characters can be restored.

The post Skull Island appeared first on The Legend of Mir.

More...

Hi mate

Nice idea, I think since reboot though something has gone wrong with item drops, whereby the text of the item does not appear if underneath the skin of a dead mob.

The drop thing is annoying, hold alt to see the names of items but then I press tab and it minimises the game lol, so I have to go back to 2004 and click my feet to pick up things and avoid it!

Feels less fluid this way which is kind of the opposite direction I thought the game was going.

The Skull Island event is great fun, it has fresh server vibes to it, gutted that the SkillNecky is character bound lol 😆

Cheers for this event Scorp, its a great way to get my son engaged in the game, and refreshing for the old man too :)

Skull Island has been the most fun I've had on Mir in years. I think its a far better starting place for new players than the alternative and you should definitely keep it in the game, but I'd make a few changes.

I would add storage in, but remove account wide storage from those characters stopping people from transferring good items to their new toons, storage is already there anyway as everyone is just putting stuff on the auction house for huge amounts.

I would remove auction house or make a 'skull island' only auction house this way only items dropped in this zone can be used which creates its only little economy.

Move weapon armour and jewellery npc's closer to town for faster selling, salvage or repair.

Add higher level poison bags and amulets, for a more reasonable price.

Higher level ID item scrolls, only ones I can find are the small +1 ones, if there are bigger ones I never found them.

Add a zone to level spells in, giving everyone a skill neck was a great idea but we need an area to train in, especially Tao pets.

Probably more I'm forgetting I'll edit if I think if anything.

I
Skull Island has been the most fun I've had on Mir in years. I think its a far better starting place for new players than the alternative and you should definitely keep it in the game, but I'd make a few changes.

I would add storage in, but remove account wide storage from those characters stopping people from transferring good items to their new toons, storage is already there anyway as everyone is just putting stuff on the auction house for huge amounts.

I would remove auction house or make a 'skull island' only auction house this way only items dropped in this zone can be used which creates its only little economy.

Move weapon armour and jewellery npc's closer to town for faster selling, salvage or repair.

Add higher level poison bags and amulets, for a more reasonable price.

Higher level ID item scrolls, only ones I can find are the small +1 ones, if there are bigger ones I never found them.

Add a zone to level spells in, giving everyone a skill neck was a great idea but we need an area to train in, especially Tao pets.

Probably more I'm forgetting I'll edit if I think if anything.
I 100% agree with you all the way, I hope your reasonable suggestion gets implemented.

I liked it as it was. I think it's what this server has been missing for new players. It made me slightly more active. If it was more of a permanent addition it would be cool, Like Mir Seasons. Every 3-6-12 months (depending on the level it goes to)you could refresh the Mir season integrating characters from "Mir Seasons" into the main game while starting a new season. People start new characters and new quest lines. It would give a new dynamic to the game and potentially add some life to what's become the normal grind.
I'd be more inclined to play that style of mir than our current one.

Yea but people left thinking we'd be kicked and noone was kicked. So I dunno how that works. I wouldn't have left if I knew we didnt have to.

Yea but people left thinking we'd be kicked and noone was kicked. So I dunno how that works. I wouldn't have left if I knew we didnt have to.
Tbh people should have predicted this and not left before the event finished, i had already predicted that this would happen luckily it did but i gain nothing from it as on sunday i was killing loki and got sent to border town.... how frustrating :/ Wonder if gm will return me or not, i would be satisfied with any outcome

will our noobies from the first skull island be able to return? or restart all over again?
Nah m8 think its only fresh chars like last time , maybe wrong be nice if could carry on but think the whole point is to get from 0 to 140 ish for new chars .... in a fast time , just hope skill books drop for lvl 100 plus as was a real pain missing so many skills past 110 killing higher bosses etc

Nah m8 think its only fresh chars like last time , maybe wrong be nice if could carry on but think the whole point is to get from 0 to 140 ish for new chars .... in a fast time , just hope skill books drop for lvl 100 plus as was a real pain missing so many skills past 110 killing higher bosses etc
shame if so. think i might do xmas event then! maybe you can return only if char was born there!

Back