Question - #SaveTheGame #LowerLevelContent | Page 2 | The Legend of Mir

Question #SaveTheGame #LowerLevelContent

Should skull island be brought back to the game for a considerable amount of time

• Total voters
Well my hope in all this is, if we can bring back noob Island permanently, with some tweaks to make it not so fast to level, tone down the experience rate, etc...

It will open up repurposing dungeons that noobs don't use anyways, for future high level content.

This was done with stone tomb. It was done with bug cave. Most noob caves sit empty. If they are no longer required to progress because of noob Island, make them higher level.

Making fresh new content takes a very long time. Reusing old content for higher levels is much quicker.

Look. This is all hopes and dreams to get new content across the board for everyone, but without ideas and change it gets stale. Content drives people. Content makes people interested. It brings people back. It keeps people playing.
In this green world we live in I am all for re-cycling ......
Just killing same mobs etc in same caves re-visited at higher level seems somewhat tedious and very repetative, I guess it would server an interim purpose but some caves are so biased against 1 class or another take the re hashed bug cave absolute nightmare for taos so many objects on the floors plauge misses , pets get trapped etc etc etc , think I went bug caves 10 times max since its release due to these issues ..................

As a new player ill give some input here.

I spent 188 levels of my wiz in maybe 5 caves.

Outside of bosses needed for books. I didn't touch 90% of the under 150 caves until I started doing farmers quests at 185. A noobie in my guild named Kunan acted as my guide to lower level caves and bosses for achievements.

The gp caves are all I had seen.

So reusing those unused caves for higher level content doesn't seem like a bad idea to me. As I'm sure bug cave, zt, st was the same.

I understand people who have played this for a long time wouldn't see much benefit in it, but its still better than nothing I'd guess.

Variety is hunting grounds is never a bad idea.

Please don't make Skull Island permanent. It will only attract more players like you who constantly complain about everything being difficult and ask GM to spoon-feed you.

Furthermore, some players will simply camp there to earn gold and runes for their main characters.

If you want to help new players, at least make skill books under level 130 available at the bookstore.

Also, don't forget that this is a low-rate server. If you want everything to be easy, just find a high-rate server to play on.

Please don't make Skull Island permanent. It will only attract more players like you who constantly complain about everything being difficult and ask GM to spoon-feed you.

Furthermore, some players will simply camp there to earn gold and runes for their main characters.

If you want to help new players, at least make skill books under level 130 available at the bookstore.

Also, don't forget that this is a low-rate server. If you want everything to be easy, just find a high-rate server to play on.
Think you’re being a bit harsh Spacey started his char on skull island.
He worked hard always on at strange times etc always pushing that extra minute to get some exp
He knows how hard it is give the guy a break
He just wants more players to enjoy the game , I know of 3 players I introduced to the game on 1 st skull island all 3 have disposable income wanted to find a fun game with a few mates that’s not WOW etc
They loved SI but after that they found the requirements to go further in game was harder when. They had no skills or gear etc
Out of those 3 only 1 made it past 160 and now he has even given up
Due to basic book Not dropping and being pked evertime he tries to kill a bile for awaken…..
I really think this server needs to get a grip and assist new players and those of old who may return if the toxic players etc were subdued

Well my hope in all this is, if we can bring back noob Island permanently, with some tweaks to make it not so fast to level, tone down the experience rate, etc...

It will open up repurposing dungeons that noobs don't use anyways, for future high level content.

This was done with stone tomb. It was done with bug cave. Most noob caves sit empty. If they are no longer required to progress because of noob Island, make them higher level.

Making fresh new content takes a very long time. Reusing old content for higher levels is much quicker.

Look. This is all hopes and dreams to get new content across the board for everyone, but without ideas and change it gets stale. Content drives people. Content makes people interested. It brings people back. It keeps people playing.
This does happen over time, every time there's an update there's a noob cave being re-imagined as a new high level cave with some tweaks to keep it interesting

But that's for the higher levels. Mid level players have way more places to hunt than high levels do, the issue is not variety of places to go, the issue is clearly just with the drop rates

Increasing drop rates in GP caves (demon soul caves) and putting an upper limit on access would plug that gap nicely

I would support skull island returning but not permanently, only for events, it's like a discount sale offer this isn't DFS lol. What made it good is that people can group together and learn together and accomplish things, if it was open all year round the new sign-ups would be too spread out and you'd just be back to the same problem again of not being able to find anyone to group with

Think you’re being a bit harsh Spacey started his char on skull island.
He worked hard always on at strange times etc always pushing that extra minute to get some exp
He knows how hard it is give the guy a break
He just wants more players to enjoy the game , I know of 3 players I introduced to the game on 1 st skull island all 3 have disposable income wanted to find a fun game with a few mates that’s not WOW etc
They loved SI but after that they found the requirements to go further in game was harder when. They had no skills or gear etc
Out of those 3 only 1 made it past 160 and now he has even given up
Due to basic book Not dropping and being pked evertime he tries to kill a bile for awaken…..
I really think this server needs to get a grip and assist new players and those of old who may return if the toxic players etc were subdued
100% agree with everything there, especially the last line. People don't mind grinding for stuff if it's possible, but when being pkd by people 40 levels above them it's just not fun and people will go and do something else

Not one person who is against this has given a valid argument as to why it shouldn't happen other than I had to grind the hard way, so should you.

Well. I did grind the hard way. My wiz was made before noob Island. I lived in nothing but gp caves.

And please don't tell me about helping new players. I pay it forward to all those that helped me by running the two largest noob guilds on this server. I just added 4 people under 120 to one of my guilds in the last 3 days and have been helping them progress daily. That's 4 more people to buy your stuff on the AH, to sell you stuff on the AH, and bring GG into the game.

All I'm doing is telling you what's driving new and current players out of this game, and giving my ideas how to fix it. No one else is coming up with ideas on how to keep or bring new/old players into the game. If something doesn't change this server will end up exactly like p69.

Bash me all you like, but at least come up with ideas on how to retain, get new, or get back old players.

Last edited:

Didn't know this was a low rate server, thought it was a high rate honestly.
And I'm not asking to be spoon fed :ROFLMAO: I'm at soft cap level, I'm asking for skull island to be brought back so that we get new players and a healthy server once again.

Not one person who is against this has given a valid argument as to why it shouldn't happen other than I had to grind the hard way, so should you.

Well. I did grind the hard way. My wiz was made before noob Island. I lived in nothing but gp caves.

And please don't tell me about helping new players. I pay it forward to all those that helped me by running the two largest noob guilds on this server. I just added 4 people under 120 to one of my guilds in the last 3 days and have been helping them progress daily. That's 4 more people to buy your stuff on the AH, to sell you stuff on the AH, and bring GG into the game.

All I'm doing is telling you what's driving new and current players out of this game, and giving my ideas how to fix it. No one else is coming up with ideas on how to keep or bring new/old players into the game. If something doesn't change this server will end up exactly like p69.

Bash me all you like, but at least come up with ideas on how to retain, get new, or get back old players.
Skull island to 160 is rly not a problem but all I see happening with this is bunch of ppl will get to 160 and then complain how hard it is to get kit etc because there be so used to skull island and can no longer enter it .

However I would really like for this to work and it bring back the server count.

Skull island to 160 is rly not a problem but all I see happening with this is bunch of ppl will get to 160 and then complain how hard it is to get kit etc because there be so used to skull island and can no longer enter it .

However I would really like for this to work and it bring back the server count.
The problem now is noobs are being forced out by pkers, poor boss drops, or low level boss camping.

New and more players equals a healthy economy. More drops to sell, more drops to buy, and more incoming GG.

So its either we do something, or let the game turn into p69, because right now thats the path its on.

We have our guilds and I help as many noobs as I can find, but I can't bring in new players like noob Island did. All I can do is help stem the tide of them leaving as best I can.

Listen, I've put my opinion out there. People have their own opinion and I understand that, but player count is tanking. No one can deny that. All I can do is pass along what people tell me before they leave the game.

Do with that information what you want.

The problem now is noobs are being forced out by pkers, poor boss drops, or low level boss camping.

New and more players equals a healthy economy. More drops to sell, more drops to buy, and more incoming GG.

So its either we do something, or let the game turn into p69, because right now thats the path its on.

We have our guilds and I help as many noobs as I can find, but I can't bring in new players like noob Island did. All I can do is help stem the tide of them leaving as best I can.

Listen, I've put my opinion out there. People have their own opinion and I understand that, but player count is tanking. No one can deny that. All I can do is pass along what people tell me before they leave the game.

@under100freeXP - + 500% XP (permanent)
@under120freeXP - + 400% XP (permanent)
@under130freeXP - + 300% XP (permanent)
@under140freeXP - + 300% XP (permanent)
@under150freeXP - + 200% XP (permanent)

Bring them to join Elysian, pm bestvictoria. Guy is dedicated he helps noob a lot. Not sure about being being pk maybe u are not an ally.

Experience isn't the issue bud.

-edit-

Our guilds don't ally with anyone but ourselves. We don't want the drama or pk. We are PVE only guilds.

Last edited:
It will be. If not because Scorp introduced these codes, it stopped at 140 now he has added to 150. Noob island is held during event to attract new players and from there once they're done they will have to face the real game, so i doubt it will be permanent, if it will be then congratulations. Items don't just drop overnight here, u have to be grinding the same bosses over and over.

We still have bosses that are so hard to kill that still drops a bene + fine grinding oil. Despite having heroes league bonus.

Experience isn't the issue bud.

-edit-

Our guilds don't ally with anyone but ourselves. We don't want the drama or pk. We are PVE only guilds.
Maybe have a nice talk ingame, tell them ur mission. Always works with a good convo. Not all uses forum.

Experience has always been easy to get on this server to be honest. It's never been difficult to level if you know where to level.

Getting your books and gear on the other hand is difficult. That's what noob island fixed. You always got your level appropriate gear and books.

Loki, Iku, Bile demons, naga champ, mountain, STL, STK, etc.. Are all camped by high level players for upgrade items. The problem is those bosses drop books that are needed to progress in the game. Those of which without makes leveling difficult and an infinitely harder grind.

Firestorm, FrostFrenzy, DevilsVision, CallOfPhoenix, BattleCharge, LuringCry, HolyFire, Awakened, Bloodstorm.

Imagine leveling without any of those skills for your class. Now imagine grinding 15-20 levels without any of those spells. Imagine how difficult it is.

Not having these books causes MOST of my players to leave.

You simply can't kill the bosses that drop them because they are camped by high level players looking for crystals, runes, etc... Pking anyone that gets in their way.

Now I was telling people to farm and sell bars for GG and what not to build up GG to get their books. But as anyone can tell you, no one has been buying gold bars. No ones been buying anything for that matter. The AH is effectively dead. Their ONLY option is to buy GG for cash, and new players aren't invested enough in the game to want to do that. They just leave a move on.

I've been ringing this alarm for a while now.

Now my PLEA to people. If you see a noob killing a boss. DONT pk them. Help them. Make friends with them. You dont have to give them items. You dont have to power level them. Just dont fking kill them.

There's no reason 190+ players should be pking people under 150.

Experience has always been easy to get on this server to be honest. It's never been difficult to level if you know where to level.

Getting your books and gear on the other hand is difficult. That's what noob island fixed. You always got your level appropriate gear and books.

Loki, Iku, Bile demons, naga champ, mountain, STL, STK, etc.. Are all camped by high level players for upgrade items. The problem is those bosses drop books that are needed to progress in the game. Those of which without makes leveling difficult and an infinitely harder grind.

Firestorm, FrostFrenzy, DevilsVision, CallOfPhoenix, BattleCharge, LuringCry, HolyFire, Awakened, Bloodstorm.

Imagine leveling without any of those skills for your class. Now imagine grinding 15-20 levels without any of those spells. Imagine how difficult it is.

Not having these books causes MOST of my players to leave.

You simply can't kill the bosses that drop them because they are camped by high level players looking for crystals, runes, etc... Pking anyone that gets in their way.

Now I was telling people to farm and sell bars for GG and what not to build up GG to get their books. But as anyone can tell you, no one has been buying gold bars. No ones been buying anything for that matter. The AH is effectively dead. Their ONLY option is to buy GG for cash, and new players aren't invested enough in the game to want to do that. They just leave a move on.

I've been ringing this alarm for a while now.

Now my PLEA to people. If you see a noob killing a boss. DONT pk them. Help them. Make friends with them. You dont have to give them items. You dont have to power level them. Just dont fking kill them.

There's no reason 190+ players should be pking people under 150.
From what i know the high lvl camps west bichon / cata / planes / ST / BDP / RDD and relevant caves.
As for those bosses u mentioned, weird because whenever i go they're out and not killed, and they're spawned hourly if not mistaken, not the Loki (Sitting one though). Heck i even killed the 5th floor Loki and got 1 battle charge book recently. Not that i am camping such bosses, but when i wanted to go to 7th, i always tele there first. It's always out.

You have so many other caves to explore and bosses to kill, i can't fathom 190++ camping those places, for what item? I see the problem is you don't look long enough for those bosses, they're always out, if not, u can just rotate caves. Get a tele + recall your group.

If you don't start to talk, other players will just look at ur guild as enemy, as u are not allied, and they wanted the same boss. So u rotate to other caves for bosses, and repeat the routine.

Pkers is just sadly part of the game a pain in the arse yes but any Mir server has pk and this kinda goes into the low lvl boss camping and this comes down to the fact bosses like Loki/iku are dropping stuff high value runes and with that comes peoples logic with it takes them less then couple mins to kill these bosse for the chances of getting runes for kit or to sell or mostly with Loki it’s battle charge which whenever there’s high lvl char there it’s cos there more then likely trying to get battle charge for a noob in there guild.

As I say I’m up for the skull Isla and to 160 where books and the chance to get decent gear is defo be making another char if so just as I say as much as this will be a success I see people after they get 160 start struggling for gear and so on because as you know with 160 comes cele and thts hard to get dropped mostly comes from bdp/rdd I believe and again there you need to be a decent lvl for them caves and decant gear defo for bdp anyway.

But like I say I do hope this is massive success and it does boost the server count again . If skull island does happen maybe if they could be something like sieges they use to be in xmas event with main boss with good chances of dropping something rare and people can group and take it on etc.

80% of the server wants skull island back, please give us a response @Scorpian it is okay if you refuse but at least let us know.

Otherwise I'll be looking to quit due to the lack of communication - we have 16 votes currently and i could almost guarantee you that if every player on the server came and voted the results from the poll wouldn't change would deffo be 80-90% voting yes which is enough to get a response

80% of the server wants skull island back, please give us a response @Scorpian it is okay if you refuse but at least let us know.

Otherwise I'll be looking to quit due to the lack of communication - we have 16 votes currently and i could almost guarantee you that if every player on the server came and voted the results from the poll wouldn't change would deffo be 80-90% voting yes which is enough to get a response
16 votes for and 26 votes against lol

Back