Question - #SaveTheGame #LowerLevelContent | The Legend of Mir

Question #SaveTheGame #LowerLevelContent

Should skull island be brought back to the game for a considerable amount of time

• Total voters

Mustafa13

Petition to bring back skull island and make the game great again for new players as they're currently struggling.

If skull island were to be brought back onto the game for a long duration of time or maybe even permanently then there would be several benefits

The reason why I want skull island to come back to the game is because this server is terrible for under 150 like really terrible the exp is terrible the skills wont drop, any new player would agree with me honestly. and you constantly get pk'd by higher levels, good luck trying to get a book off a boss when you have level 190s camping it, not to mention that its so difficult to find someone to level with? however on skull island its very easy to find a group of people around the same level.

I agree with this whole heartedly.

The only changes I would like seen in noob island is, certain spells just plain dont drop because those mobs aren't in noob island.

Dragon break, chilling sword, SuanniLegion, and Cleanse. These books DO NOT drop in noob island because the mobs/bosses that drop them are not present.

The bonus to bringing it back permanently is, most of the noob content that is in main game, can be repurposed for higher level players.

I understand this would be a long undertaking, but noob island was very popular content for one reason, it gave new players a foot in the game without being pk'd by people that are 50-100 levels above them.

Blocking the AH loophole fixed alot of the previous issues with noob island being permanent imo.

A lot of new players are looking to quit the struggle is unreal, I am well aware of the catchup mechanic @underfreexp however this is nowhere near enough any new player would agree with me. I'll make things short...

Books will not drop, gear will not drop how do you expect them to progress? Without books nor gear they cannot progress not only that but levelling a different topic, solo levelling is quite slow they need partners or people to grp up with but thats nearly impossible to find someone in the same level range to hunt with as they'd already have quit... I haven't even mentioned the 190's pking new players at very low level caves.

For anyone asking "well how did you manage?" I went fully p2w and spent loads of $$$ on gear books and levels, you cannot expect every new player to do that because then it isn't fair at all and I'm sure this isn't your intention

Bring back Skull Island there are no cons to this and I'm sure you have the code/files saved @Scorpian
Or at least give us the community a good reason on why you refuse to bring it back to the game.

New players is what keeps the server running and healthy, if there's no new players the server will eventually die out.

It's very important to maintain new players, Skull Island was the biggest fun I've ever had in years honestly and the best thing I've seen on Arcadia.

Currently the server is doing a terrible job at maintaining those new players making them actually stay on the game and keep playing instead of quitting after a day or two. This is definitely something that needs to be looked at and sorted ASAP otherwise will lead to the downfall of the server.

If no action is taken I guarantee you that there will be people quitting this game and it won't be small numbers.

Why not just ask GM to @level you all to 180!!

I don’t get why new players are struggling? When I started this game it was not easy like it is nowadays it took me over 5 years to reach high end level which was 160. I know players ingame who are bloody 190+ in few months……Scorp has made things very very easy which was a mistake because the more he gave us the more we wanted from him and it made us lazy and we forgot how to grind hard.

New players is what keeps the server running and healthy, if there's no new players the server will eventually die out.

It's very important to maintain new players, Skull Island was the biggest fun I've ever had in years honestly and the best thing I've seen on Arcadia.

Currently the server is doing a terrible job at maintaining those new players making them actually stay on the game and keep playing instead of quitting after a day or two. This is definitely something that needs to be looked at and sorted ASAP otherwise will lead to the downfall of the server.

If no action is taken I guarantee you that there will be people quitting this game and it won't be small numbers.
It's because many of them join just to get to the top in weeks or months with high end gears, and expecting to be spoon fed without actually really grinding.
What do u think the older players went though, playing many many years just to get to 194-195, then suddenly some snow flakes can't compete and wanting more from GM. They want to be on par with the top of the ranks in a blink of an eye. I don't call that enjoying.

Sorry how does noob Island equate to power leveling to 190?

Did you not do the last event?

The purpose is to bring NEW players into the game and have player retention.

New players and player retention is needed to keep the server fresh. Otherwise you end up with the same people sitting in town doing absolutely nothing.

And sorry to burst your bubble, but the only difference between leveling a noob to 150 on noob Island and the main game is about 1 week of playtime.

Where the benefit comes in is they can level, get level appropriate gear and books and not be pked by level 190+ characters.

The only reason you would be against this is you want to pk them, or keep a monopoly on low level gear/books like it currently is.

Why not just ask GM to @level you all to 180!!

I don’t get why new players are struggling? When I started this game it was not easy like it is nowadays it took me over 5 years to reach high end level which was 160. I know players ingame who are bloody 190+ in few months……Scorp has made things very very easy which was a mistake because the more he gave us the more we wanted from him and it made us lazy and we forgot how to grind hard.
Utterly ridiculous, you do realize skull island is only till 150? And it's mainly there to bring new players onto the server, new players is what the server lacks greatly. However it seems you do not care and want the server to die.

You started 5 years ago, everyone was around the same level, they were levelling together in groups had boss hunts going on, now its totally different if you were to start a character lvl 100-150 you'd be levelling solo like good luck finding any new players around that level range as they'd have already quit, not only that but good luck getting books drop off bosses you'd pretty much be forced to buy it by using GG same for gear also!

Scorp hasn't made things very very easy most people make levels during events by spending $$, new players can't do that obviously and they shouldn't be forced to.

It's because many of them join just to get to the top in weeks or months with high end gears, and expecting to be spoon fed without actually really grinding.
What do u think the older players went though, playing many many years just to get to 194-195, then suddenly some snow flakes can't compete and wanting more from GM. They want to be on par with the top of the ranks in a blink of an eye. I don't call that enjoying.
So you're saying if a new player wants to go do skull island and become 150 in 1-2 weeks that they're becoming on par with the top levels on the server and in a "blink of an eye". Also 190 - 194 is possible in 1 event in less than 10 days you can make that all you level 190+ players don't even level outside of event cause you know how slow it is.

Maybe you should try make a new character and re-experience the lower end levels it's totally different now,
you start a character get level 100 struggle to find a player the same level as you as they'd already quit, you would then try and look for books only to be pk'd by someone 90 levels higher leaving you no chance to get books or gears without having to buy them. And you'd be levelling solo for a solid 2-3 months that's not very nice is it. You had it way easier back then loads people around that level group, all hunting with each other levelling and bossing, lower level players struggle with bosses more than you could imagine as they're playing solo most of the time but yeah you wouldn't understand.

Unfortunately this struggle you wouldn't understand unless you played a noob char recently

Maybe you're not aware we have GP caves that is created with the sole purpose of it. Also it is safe zone, maybe stop asking things to be so damn easy. New comers needs introduction to the game mechanics and as they learn they adapt. They would quit one day anyway as soon as the hand outs by GM stopped.
I am playing new char and 140 now FYI and not struggling at all as you described. There are XP cheat codes introduced recently aren't there.
The way i see it you're just describing that new comers are just lazy to grind and expecting more hand outs. Hunting with each other still exist to this day maybe introduce them to PVE guilds.

Basically no point having any type of skull island etc unless books and gear dont drop or no chance to get them sub 160, I had huge effort to try get my warrior books , felt bad camping bosses on my main to get a book for my warrior so eneded up buying some of them because 1) they didnt drop in 3-4 months of looking and 2)didnt have the gear or skills to kill the boss......
GP caves suck sub 170 take the 154 1 have to travel miles to get to it etc , run a gaunlet of Brutes alot of time which screws you up etc , they not balanced for the type of solo play around today hard to get 2-3 players around the same level for a 2 hr bash of an evening , ages ago was easy as most of the 190s of today did just that hunted and leveled in small groups of 3-5 people every day , can rem running ZT everyday i think for 6 months with same 3-5 people then same with Orcs GP and City ....
Dont want it on a plate but new players need to be in catch up mode to some point , where you draw that line in sand is unsure

Current GP caves only 2 of them have level restrictions and they are minimums not maximums

How about something like this

CaveMin LevelMax Level
Mutant Lair90120
Old Tomb110140
Naga Temple120150
Halls of Agony130160
Paradise Heights140170
Savage Wastes150180
Forgotten Realm160190
Planes of Acheron180-
Ruins of Consumed190-

With those restrictions, you could increase drop rates of items and books (not too crazy, but like kill a boss 10 times you'll probably get the book you need, and level-appropriate items dropping from mobs as you go along) and they won't be farmed by people who are far out of the range of needing those books for themselves, so people who need them can hunt for them safely

Bringing back noob island would be the easier fix to a lot of issues as a lot of the solutions are already in place, and easier to implement with a few changes that are needed.

A. Noobs can hunt, progress, get level appropriate gear/books without having the fear of being pked by people 100+ levels over them. Certain books needed to be added as they were never in the original 2 noob island events. Chilling sword, dragon break, suanni, cleanse, etc..

B. Current main game lower level content can be repurposed for higher level content.

C. You can either lower the map experience or remove the @ under codes so people dont power thru to 150.

D. There is still pk in noob island, but no body drops, so people will get a handle on how to better deal with pk, without someone having to explain it to them.

I see very few downsides to having noob island permanently with a few tweaks, and the only people I see complaining about it are the pkers and high levels, but in the long run it means more people in the game being active on both sides of it, Main and noob island side.

Again, drop disparity, and level disparity needs to be addressed to bring in new players and RETAIN them as active players. Currently none of this happens. I run the two largest noob guilds on the server. I've been blowing the horn on why my players quit and leave and I post their chief complaints with the game.

Drops needs to be fixed. Most of the people saying they are fine are in the heroes league with the added drop bonus and have either forgotten or feign ignorance as to how bad it is as a starting player. Boss drops across the board need reworking in my opinion. The fact that level 190+ people farm level 114/119 bosses for specific items, pking lower level players just proves my point.

Noob island fixes both the drop and level disparity with regards to higher levels pking lower level players. End of story.

Utterly ridiculous, you do realize skull island is only till 150? And it's mainly there to bring new players onto the server, new players is what the server lacks greatly. However it seems you do not care and want the server to die.

You started 5 years ago, everyone was around the same level, they were levelling together in groups had boss hunts going on, now its totally different if you were to start a character lvl 100-150 you'd be levelling solo like good luck finding any new players around that level range as they'd have already quit, not only that but good luck getting books drop off bosses you'd pretty much be forced to buy it by using GG same for gear also!

Scorp hasn't made things very very easy most people make levels during events by spending $$, new players can't do that obviously and they shouldn't be forced to.
Want the server to die? After all those years of effort I’ve put in now I want it to die? I don’t even bother going there. Why is it any diff now? There is hunting ground for every level range. GG has been ingame since day why is it an issue now? Are you not understanding the concept of as to why GG exists ingame? Your response is silly and noobish for this reason it completely shows that new players need to Fykin grind and work your way up the ladder in order to understand the game.

Its a simple matter of economics.

More people, the better off the game economy will be. End of story. Please try to dispute this fact.

Player retention at the current moment is horrendous for 2 main reasons.

A. Boss drops above 140 are absolute clown shoes.

B. High level players pking the people we are meant to help, over bosses that are level 130 and under.

Noob island solves both of those problems instantly, and doesnt require lengthy rewrites to all the drop files.

The noob island events brought many new players to the game. I can prove that as 80-90% of my two guilds are nothing but people from those 2 events, but now they're falling off due to poor player retention for the reasons mentioned above.

Something needs to change. When I started in Sept last year active daily player count was in the mid to high 200's. Now you're lucky to break 100 on double drop moon weekend. People are disenfranchised with the game at the moment.

Its painfully obvious keeping the status quo isnt going to work in the long run.

We NEED to bring in new players or this server WILL turn into p69 all over again.

Its a simple matter of economics.

More people, the better off the game economy will be. End of story. Please try to dispute this fact.

Player retention at the current moment is horrendous for 2 main reasons.

A. Boss drops above 140 are absolute clown shoes.

B. High level players pking the people we are meant to help, over bosses that are level 130 and under.

Noob island solves both of those problems instantly, and doesnt require lengthy rewrites to all the drop files.

The noob island events brought many new players to the game. I can prove that as 80-90% of my two guilds are nothing but people from those 2 events, but now they're falling off due to poor player retention for the reasons mentioned above.

Something needs to change. When I started in Sept last year active daily player count was in the mid to high 200's. Now you're lucky to break 100 on double drop moon weekend. People are disenfranchised with the game at the moment.

Its painfully obvious keeping the status quo isnt going to work in the long run.

We NEED to bring in new players or this server WILL turn into p69 all over again.
I have an idea, just make it permanent until the lvl cap and everything drops inside easily, every bosses are inside that island drops from low to high end items/books.
Because otherwise at some point they need to leave noob cave and face the real game someday and find it hard they'd just quit again. So let's suggest make it permanent until the level cap. What u need all is inside.

Being absurd isn't a solution, and doing nothing also isn't a solution.

There's been 2 noob Island events already and the server had a ton of new players. The server hasn't ended. The apocalypse didn't happen. The sky isn't falling.

But one thing did happen.

Most of those new players left, and the servers population is in decline.

New players means new income sources. Better economy.

You have yet to make one valid argument on why this is a bad idea.

1 thing i can agree is that noob island be brought back once in a while during events, not permanent. As much as i like things to be easy maybe kill few bosses and i get what i want, then bore off, I do know why exactly this is a low rate server and that some items are available in GG shop and we have AH available. Figure it out.

Sorry to hear few players that have left, because the server in reality is too hard, and that they started easily from noob island and now relying on such maps, so they can't grind or just plain lazy, there're so many other bosses like NL / Loki / Naga champ / those bosses/subs in ayarin / orcs and many more that aren't killed its about matter if u want to go search and kill it.

I too have problems with the last skill book but with patience and constant grind alas 1 dropped for me just from a super mob. I think i have skipped it to so many level and to around level 192 i just got it.

Well my hope in all this is, if we can bring back noob Island permanently, with some tweaks to make it not so fast to level, tone down the experience rate, etc...

It will open up repurposing dungeons that noobs don't use anyways, for future high level content.

This was done with stone tomb. It was done with bug cave. Most noob caves sit empty. If they are no longer required to progress because of noob Island, make them higher level.

Making fresh new content takes a very long time. Reusing old content for higher levels is much quicker.

Look. This is all hopes and dreams to get new content across the board for everyone, but without ideas and change it gets stale. Content drives people. Content makes people interested. It brings people back. It keeps people playing.

Back