More gold sinks needed | The Legend of Mir

More gold sinks needed

zad48231

Leading Contributor
Maybe I'm off the mark here, I'm sure GM can look and see for himself, but it feels like there's more gold in the game than ever. Gold bar prices are the lowest I've ever seen them, people just don't have enough things to spend gold on

Can we please have something worthwhile to spend gold on :)

Yeah it’s clear to see that aswell when people are charging 20 mill per pots on stalls crazy. I’m not entirely sure what he could bring into game tho sure people will have better ideas then me but I do remember playing a server and I think someone brought something similar up before about single caves and it use to give you weekly buff depending on how far you got maybe add something like that in and charge certain amount of gold to enter ? .

I do have an idea that comes from another server it may be possible to implement this feature, however Heroes League Perk would probably need to be modified in some way, or the perks of the Titles would have to change to something else.

Nobility Ranking
if you've played any of 3g's servers you'd know about this gold sink main feature.

For this feature everyone (optional it's your choice to do it or not) will be donating to the Nobility System,
Everyone will be in the nobility ranking and the higher you donate the better title you earn each title will give you perks.
(perks can be anything gm wishes to set could be gold drop magic find or even exp) Or there could be no perks at all (The title's are cool ;) )
So basically the more gold you put into the Nobility System the better buffs and titles you get which are all dependent on your ranking.

Ranks in the nobility system could be divided into 3 or as much as gm wants, top 4 players in the ranking King/Queen Title with a permanent buff (until they lose the title) Prince/Princess for the 5th rank till 16th rank and Duke/Duchess from the 17th rank to the 30th rank. They could even be divided into more ranks if gm wishes to, and of course the title names could change.
1672433401843.png
NobilityPoints = Amount of Gold donated you don't essentially need 132million gold to obtain Queen or King rank this is just an example.

This was just a suggestion It may not work out with the server because of Heroes League Perks, but imo this is a pretty cool gold sink,

I think people would still donate gold to the Nobility System even if the titles didn't give any perks.

Last edited:
I do have an idea that comes from another server it may be possible to implement this feature, however Heroes League Perk would probably need to be modified in some way, or the perks of the Titles would have to change to something else.

Nobility Ranking
if you've played any of 3g's servers you'd know about this gold sink main feature.

For this feature everyone (optional it's your choice to do it or not) will be donating to the Nobility System,
Everyone will be in the nobility ranking and the higher you donate the better title you earn each title will give you perks.
(perks can be anything gm wishes to set could be gold drop magic find or even exp) Or there could be no perks at all (The title's are cool ;) )
So basically the more gold you put into the Nobility System the higher buffs you get which are all dependent on your ranking.

Ranks in the nobility system could be divided into 3 or as much as gm likes top 4 players in the ranking King/Queen Title with a permanent buff (until they lose the title) Prince/Princess for the 5th rank till 16th rank and Duke/Duchess from the 17th rank to the 30th rank. They could even be divided into more ranks if gm wishes to, and of course the title names could change.

This was just a suggestion It may not work out with the server because of Heroes League Perks, but imo this is a pretty cool gold sink,

I think people would still donate gold to the Nobility System even if the titles didn't give any perks.
Please take this suggestion lightly btw I have said it may not work out with the server and I haven't really thought a lot about it yet.
It may work out if gm could take the idea of this feature and update it to his choice.

Don't you think event has something to do with the influx of gold in the market?

Probably combined with many other subfactors like not enough new players opening sockets on their equipment

Don't you think event has something to do with the influx of gold in the market?

Probably combined with many other subfactors like not enough new players opening sockets on their equipment
Yep definitely. But every event the gold prices drop a lot then go back up a bit after event until the next one, but the overall trend is a downward trend, and more and more people are finding themselves sitting with piles of gold and nothing to spend it on.

Nobility Ranking

So basically the more gold you put into the Nobility System the better buffs and titles you get which are all dependent on your ranking.

Ranks in the nobility system could be divided into 3 or as much as gm wants, top 4 players in the ranking King/Queen Title with a permanent buff (until they lose the title) Prince/Princess for the 5th rank till 16th rank and Duke/Duchess from the 17th rank to the 30th rank. They could even be divided into more ranks if gm wishes to, and of course the title names could change.
View attachment 695
NobilityPoints = Amount of Gold donated you don't essentially need 132million gold to obtain Queen or King rank this is just an example.

Honestly it might be a great idea, but it's just way too complicated. Most people just don't have the attention span any more for stuff like this to work. I mean mythic sockets seem simple enough and have a complete explanation on the news section when they were released, but here we are more than a year later and people still ask questions about it. We just need something simple to help balance things out a bit.

Honestly it might be a great idea, but it's just way too complicated. Most people just don't have the attention span any more for stuff like this to work. I mean mythic sockets seem simple enough and have a complete explanation on the news section when they were released, but here we are more than a year later and people still ask questions about it. We just need something simple to help balance things out a bit.

I'm not sure there exists an easy route where Mythic Crafting info is easily accessed.

Let's say you go to the home website thelegendofmir.com and hover over the servers list, you will then be taken to Arcadia Webpage. Once I go there I can't find information on Mythic Crafting, only regular crafting and alchemy.

The only Mythic Crafting page I can find is when I go through thelegendofmir.com and then click "News" where there is the link I posted earlier sat on page 3.
That probably wants adding to the mirarcadia.com guide section.

I'm not sure there exists an easy route where Mythic Crafting info is easily accessed.

Let's say you go to the home website thelegendofmir.com and hover over the servers list, you will then be taken to Arcadia Webpage. Once I go there I can't find information on Mythic Crafting, only regular crafting and alchemy.

The only Mythic Crafting page I can find is when I go through thelegendofmir.com and then click "News" where there is the link I posted earlier sat on page 3.
That probably wants adding to the mirarcadia.com guide section.
Open the search box on the main site and type 'mythic crafting' would be the easiest way. But yeah I agree most people won't even bother to think about that haha. Having an actual section about it rather than just a news article makes sense

I see, fair point tbh

going to edit this.

I’m ok with more gold sinks as long as its not required to level or anything like that.

But can armor repair costs be looked at? Cause its hella expensive.

Last edited:
going to edit this.

I’m ok with more gold sinks as long as its not required to level or anything like that.

But can armor repair costs be looked at? Cause its hella expensive.
Use toughening oil, it's way cheaper that way

There got to be a balance ,atm seems a bit bloated maybe after xmas people will craft socket items and it will normalise again ....
Players want to earn gold via selling Shop stuff like SA MA PA candles etc but maybe some sort of NPC that sells GG items for gold or a variant etc Sources for mythic crafting or the Mythic Extraction tool or maybe some of the funny scrolls like protection and rev etc just an idea....

Yes I think we need some more gold sinks. It worked well when mythic items started but of course all the high level players have them now and that sink hole has all but dried up.

Only reason GG items were more expensive during event is because Butcha clears mine and Jeffros stalls of items then adds a couple of million to make a profit. We have to counter that with items the same price as his then he clears and it repeats again. I stopped selling them in the end as it was just a silly price. During events Butcha's my best customer and he falls for it every time. In return Jeffro and I lower goldbar/chest/bundle prices to refect this. As you saw with prices being 13gg a bar.

Yes I think we need some more gold sinks. It worked well when mythic items started but of course all the high level players have them now and that sink hole has all but dried up.

Only reason GG items were more expensive during event is because Butcha clears mine and Jeffros stalls of items then adds a couple of million to make a profit. We have to counter that with items the same price as his then he clears and it repeats again. I stopped selling them in the end as it was just a silly price. During events Butcha's my best customer and he falls for it every time. In return Jeffro and I lower goldbar/chest/bundle prices to refect this. As you saw with prices being 13gg a bar.
Dunno how you have the patience to do all those stalls. I had a go once, made like 4 stalls full of stuff, undercut you by like 100k or something. Took a couple of days to sell it all. The profit I made was so low, the time I spent setting it up I could have spent that time killing a few mobs and made more gold 🤔

Dunno how you have the patience to do all those stalls. I had a go once, made like 4 stalls full of stuff, undercut you by like 100k or something. Took a couple of days to sell it all. The profit I made was so low, the time I spent setting it up I could have spent that time killing a few mobs and made more gold 🤔

I suspect its become a kind of staring competition. Let's see who blinks first!

It fairness I only still do it to wind Butcha up. That is just satisfaction alone. Little things/little minds and bigger fools etc.

Yeah you should have spent more time killing mobs. :p

Back