General issues | The Legend of Mir

General issues

I've been playing this game a little while now and there is loads of issues I feel could be looked at.

It seems every time you kill a mob the same rubbish drops off them,You kill a boss as a male character and it drops female items.

Bag space is way too small,Not sure how someone is expected to carry everything and pick up items as well.

Storage space is too small and it seems the only way you can have it increased is to buy gamegold and pay unlock a column.

Gamegold is way overpriced, There is hardly any offers on it and the amount you get is ridiculous for your real life money.

A server doesn't cost that much to run so why should gamegold?..Seems it comes down to greed,Why should people waste their hard earned money on virtual money and feel no benefits from it.

Why is everything in game selling for gamegold or over priced in-game gold.

I've not had a decent drop since playing, No high level skills drop, It seems unless you "subscribe" you don't feel any benefits, which again subscribing cost gamegold which cost real money.

Legend of Mir 2 was by far the best game and then the Mir run by a gentleman called Shane was okay,His gamegold was very reasonably priced and he always had offers on it.

If gamegold prices where lowered and the amount given was reasonable I'd spend my money buying some and I'm pretty sure know area people who would buy it on a regular basis or just scrap gamegold and find a better cheaper currency.

I don't expect this post to be read by any kind of admin and I'm probably going to get shitty comments from little kids or people on benefits who don't work but that's your opinion and this is mine.

This seems like a rant. Have you tried telling your pillow?

All I can see here is that you're telling the guy who's run 2 of the longest running and most successful servers that he's not doing it properly. Okay then.

Market is controlled by high end players, because all top items drop off top bosses mainly.
Gamegold is very overpriced but supports the game. Without income the server would fold.
I understand you points but this server has always been about the few not the many...
Only change needed is to put all skill book in game shop. Then prices would drop then fair level.
Kit items players refine so you can't really control that.
Saying that GMs do run possibly the best server out there.. So hats off to that..
Best wishes
TaoLoaf

- - - Updated - - -

Market is controlled by high end players, because all top items drop off top bosses mainly.
Gamegold is very overpriced but supports the game. Without income the server would fold.
I understand you points but this server has always been about the few not the many...
Only change needed is to put all skill book in game shop. Then prices would drop then fair level.
Saying that GMs do run possibly the best server out there.. So hats off to that..
Best wishes
TaoLoaf

I've been playing this game a little while now and there is loads of issues I feel could be looked at.

It seems every time you kill a mob the same rubbish drops off them,You kill a boss as a male character and it drops female items.

Bag space is way too small,Not sure how someone is expected to carry everything and pick up items as well.

Storage space is too small and it seems the only way you can have it increased is to buy gamegold and pay unlock a column.

Gamegold is way overpriced, There is hardly any offers on it and the amount you get is ridiculous for your real life money.

A server doesn't cost that much to run so why should gamegold?..Seems it comes down to greed,Why should people waste their hard earned money on virtual money and feel no benefits from it.

I've not had a decent drop since playing, No high level skills drop, It seems unless you "subscribe" you don't feel any benefits, which again subscribing cost gamegold which cost real money.

Legend of Mir 2 was by far the best game and then the Mir run by a gentleman called Shane was okay,His gamegold was very reasonably priced and he always had offers on it.

If gamegold prices where lowered and the amount given was reasonable I'd spend my money buying some and I'm pretty sure know area people who would buy it on a regular basis or just scrap gamegold and find a better cheaper currency.

I don't expect this post to be read by any kind of admin and I'm probably going to get shitty comments from little kids or people on benefits who don't work but that's your opinion and this is mine.

75gg per month for subscription to unlock all storage, and gain more buffs etc, thats less then a spotify or netflix subscription plus helps theserver.
Alternativley make 30mil and sell for gg to buy subscription, you can make couple mil an hour at jungle/tombs selling flowers that drop then rt back up.

Mob drops are a percentage and random not guranteed.

Bag space has always been the same way, and requires utilizing example you wouldnt take as many pots with you going jungle or tombs if you compared to going on a diablo baal challenge where none drop.
Dont pick up low money items/flowers, stick to things like peaceblooms and lichen, maybe even take a few id scrolls with you and id them and chuck away if id crap.

Everyone entitled to a view and oppinion and your no different, enjoy the game

Only change needed is to put all skill book in game shop. Then prices would drop to a fair level.
Best wishes
TaoLoaf

- - - Updated - - -

High end skill books are lower drop rate so players need to buy Gamegold to buy from greedy players. If you wait 2 yrs market will be full of them and prices drop. Just look at armour and weapons around the 130 level. 2 yrs ago selling at 500+gg now less than 5 mil.

Last edited:

Guessing you're a member of notorious haha

Having built the drop files I disagree, the variety on this server is greater than any other and the chance of and number of added stats greater

You are not expected to carry everything and pick everything up

Default storage space is greater than original mir - you don't need to fill it with all that "same rubbish" anyway ;)

You can earn GG by selling items, which is what most people do. The value of GG is in perfect balance with the game. If it was cheaper then rare drops would be pointless.

You don't need to, you don't have to, we don't pressure you to, we don't limit you in any way that would make it a requirement to pay. But we greatly appreciate those that support the game and it's development.

A GoldBar is worth roughly 33-36 GG. That balance has existed for years. A sign of a balanced economy.

Unless you have actually subscribed then your statement is a sweeping one. Most (if not all) the subscription benefits were ones that were added to the game, nothing was every taken away from the experience in order to charge players for it. You can buy subscription scrolls on the open market. They are not restricted by you spending money.

Go on another server, buy all the buffs you need to match the subscription benefits, then come back and tell me how much ££ you actually spent. Cheapest. Buffs. Ever!

I feel some of your pain but I don't really think you have grasped the whole outlook here. The majority of the "issues" seem to be about GameGold pricing, which may seem high if you are used to a server that comes and goes in 6 months. However, when you have a stable economy years in the making, the value of things really holds and the value of GameGold is really decided by the players

Thank you for your feedback, I hope we can touch base on the issues you have raised and hopefully provide you with some logical responses.

Drop rates have seen many revisions over the years following community feedback - items that some describe as rubbish can be useful to others. Unfortunately, you are playing with chance when it comes to drop rates. We've had some groups kill a boss once and got the rarest item it can drop, and we've had some groups who have killed a boss numerous times and haven't received anything of value (to them). In terms of male / female armours, the rates at which they drop are equal to each gender - remember, not everyone is hunting for themselves -- a F armour to you might be worthless, but to someone else it fetches a hefty price.

We appreciate your opinion on the matter, though it is very very unlikely at this stage that this will ever see any adjustment - and the entire point of this system is exactly the opposite -- you are not expected to carry everything. This level of bag space has been in effect for as long as I can remember and poses a very vital part in how players respond to the environment, and how they adapt their play styles. The limited level of bag space ensures players must look at taking a more tactical approach to certain situations. Example; you might fill your bag full of potions to survive a long time hunting, meanwhile the monsters are dropping an assortment of reagents that can be sold to the traders for a decent price - some will sacrifice their potions to carry more reagents, equally, you are restricting the amount you carry so multiple runs are needed, and the economy isn't knocked out of the ball park with players making millions in one fell swoop.

Again, you can probably reference this to the above point also. The expansion is completely optional, some players will look to other methods of item management.

Sorry you feel that way. The prices of GameGold and the services that come with are closely monitored and revised, and we believe what is offered is very fair. It is greatly appreciated to receive support from the community to help maintain the upkeep of the services that have been running all these years. In my honest opinion, I believe the economy of the game is doing really well as it stands - I think having all the GG services offered at a ridiculously low price would just lead to flooding the game with special goods and have a serious impact on the economy, and by extension, lead to a shorter game lifespan. Again, this is just my opinion and is not representative of the opinions of the Mir Arcadia staff.

You'd be surprised at the amount of effort that goes into it. Some players are also just looking to lend their support to the development of the server. Players are under no circumstances lead to feel obligated to purchase GameGold, everyone is showing their support - from those who donate, and even from those who merely log into the game every day and don't spend a penny, it's all greatly appreciated.

Can't answer that one. That would be at player discretion.

Again, you are at mercy of chance when it comes to drop rates. The subscription bonuses are useful but are not necessary to obtaining the quality goods. The subscription system is fairly new (few months old at best), there are many players who have made excellent progress without the aid of any GameGold services.

--

Edit: whilst writing this, noticed Scorpian already replied. He sums things up nicely in one sentence on each line, I write an essay. I think I need a software update irl.

I agree that GG is quite expensive mabey a special offer every now and agian could benifit players and admins (people would jump on a deal). I also belive admin has given all players the ability to earn GG even for those players who do not pay for GG. Since subscription has started i have subscribed every month and for the smal price of 75GG a month it is more than worth it. If u lvl hard and hunt bosses often you would be suprised at the amount u could earn. (perserverance will pay off)

Iv never donated to Gg and not because I'm against it but due to the fact I started playing mir again to help me cut down my spending in real life .
As mentioned before to obtain GG u need to make gold turn them into bars and sell them , it's abit of a grind at times but it's doable ,
My opinion is stick at playing keep lvling and selling blooms etc as you go along , and that should aid you into being able to afford your subscription , then before you know it you'll get a rare book drop or suming that'll boost your GG up , that's what happened to me , was lucky to get flamingswordfire drop while I was helping a noob Tao lvl in jungle "Regal" put it in AH for 1200gg just to let ppl
Know we had it for sale n they could pm us with offers , next day logged on to see it had solt lol

Mir realy is a game of chance / lucky

And there You have it people...

Pointless comments from people who believe they are better than everyone else in game and in real life.

No I'm not a member of notorious, I'm lvl 118 now not lvl 92 yeah that was 2 months ago thanks for reminding everyone.

Servers can be run at a reasonable price,I've looked into it and if GG was priced reasonably then more people would buy it which would generate more cash to pay for the server but guess I'm the only one using my logic here.

I'll take all your feedback and ignore most of it as it is irrelevant.

Don't patronise me and talk to me like I'm some kid on a rant mission, I'm simple just putting my point across if you don't like it don't read it or comment. Simple as.

And there You have it people...

Pointless comments from people who believe they are better than everyone else in game and in real life.

No I'm not a member of notorious, I'm lvl 118 now not lvl 92 yeah that was 2 months ago thanks for reminding everyone.

Servers can be run at a reasonable price,I've looked into it and if GG was priced reasonably then more people would buy it which would generate more cash to pay for the server but guess I'm the only one using my logic here.

I'll take all your feedback and ignore most of it as it is irrelevant.

Don't patronise me and talk to me like I'm some kid on a rant mission, I'm simple just putting my point across if you don't like it don't read it or comment. Simple as.

Dont take it all to heart.
Some valid points brought up in posts and ways to make gg amonst all that.

ive only ever bought gamegold twice and that was years ago you don't need to, what u need to do is focus on lvling when your high enough level you can join a decent guild from there u can hunt bosses and get drops ive not had aa decent item from a boss in ages but you wont if u don't kill them stop complaining and geek

Servers can be run at a reasonable price,I've looked into it and if GG was priced reasonably then more people would buy it which would generate more cash to pay for the server but guess I'm the only one using my logic here

When you say you've looked into it, can you share your research? What is the optimum gg/£ rate that you feel would generate the best balance of profit for owners while maintaining a stable economy in game? Please show us the research that's gone into your calculation.

You're basically stating that the guy who has been running servers for the best part of 20 years either hasn't bothered to do any research, or that you know more than he does after 'looking into it'

You've come on here all guns blazing saying that you know better and got defensive when people call you out on it and say no you don't.

Some self reflection may go some way to helping you out here

I can see what and where u coming from and i remembered when i first ever bought gg i felt it was a tad pricey vs the amount gg u get and felt kinda horrified to be perfectly honest, and had a sence of doom having over me for the amounts i had to spend to really get where i thought then is where i wanted to be, i was very fortunate to have A. People around me who guided me and reassured me to be patient and B. People who where extremely kind and generous whit helping me getting kitted up to approximately 125-130ish. And now soon a year on looking back im very thankful i took a step back and allowed the older mir community to guide me and oh boy for someone like me who aint the most patient of players it was a challange to say the least, but I've learned events is a fab place (depending on event) but to lvl up, earn, gold & GG, improve ur gear status & general stats, i LOVE events as they are fun...as...fuck. trust me u wanna hang around for those. Then boring as it may sound but grinding flowers (and there is no short supply of them ) is a great way to quickly earn gold and then convert them in to gold bars, granted a gold bar price gone down atm as seen then for 22 g a bar but ignore that as the price for them goes right back up again depending on whats going on in game anyhow. Big one for you is to find a group of people ore a guild who u get on whit and ur play style, people will always help but they will want to see u working on ur own aswell, game in a nutshell is no quick fix ore no quick booms in lvl and the people that's higher then me have earned a pat on the back bec there is some serious hours gone in there. Drop & loot kinda comes and goes i find it as some times u really lucky and other periods its dryer than a nuns minge. Key?- patience & go whit flow, its a pure grinding game trough and trough and now looking back on my main i wished ive done so many things diffrent, example- took my sweet ass time grinding those gps and build up a healthy stock of those as u get higher they disappeare quicker then ur salary day after payday. 100% lol

Enjoy it and anything else i can help whit just send me a msg :)

Back