DiamondSkin | The Legend of Mir

DiamondSkin

UnKnownAngel

Leading Contributor
Could this be updated so you can actually attack/move freely with it active? It seems a bit of a wasted skill because the character is frozen and can’t move or hit.

Also whilst on topic, on my skill book there is a typo for DiamondSkin that says:
Physical Damage Reduction +85%
Physical Damage Reduction +42%

The 42% one is Magic damage reduction when skill is active and you cover the buff icon with the curser.

Agreed, it wouldn't be so bad if you could move or the game had some sort of threat generating mechanic.

The only practical use for the skill that comes to mind would be being surrounded on a none RT map, turning to stone and waiting until your group can reach you.

Last edited:
You should be able to attack while using it, or move while using it, but not both imo.

But in reality its a shit skill. There a multiple skills that imo need lookin at. Wizards have duplicate spells 3 skills apart, why? Why is UE only 2 1/2 minutes? Why is inner sight only 3 minutes? but warriors buff skills are 10? There's quiet an endless list of gripes with skills but tbh it is what it is lol.

You should be able to attack while using it, or move while using it, but not both imo.

But in reality its a shit skill. There a multiple skills that imo need lookin at. Wizards have duplicate spells 3 skills apart, why? Why is UE only 2 1/2 minutes? Why is inner sight only 3 minutes? but warriors buff skills are 10? There's quiet an endless list of gripes with skills but tbh it is what it is lol.
It's only 11 seconds, I don't think it would be that big of deal. Increase the cooldown to 3mins.

I agree with all the buff skills, the warrior ones Berserk 90 sec, Damage+ProtionField 5min, BattleField 10min. This is how it should be, but with Taos it goes the other way..

It's only 11 seconds, I don't think it would be that big of deal. Increase the cooldown to 3mins.

I agree with all the buff skills, the warrior ones Berserk 90 sec, Damage+ProtionField 5min, BattleField 10min. This is how it should be, but with Taos it goes the other way..
11 seconds of chasing someone in pvp unhindered is equivalent to being in god mode bud.

11 seconds of chasing someone in pvp unhindered is equivalent to being in god mode bud.
It’s not far off wiz shield is it? You’d have to clarify for me. Or is wiz shield 75% pdr and 30% mdr? Change it to match.

Besides, skills can be disabled to work in pvp.

It’s not far off wiz shield is it? You’d have to clarify for me. Or is wiz shield 75% pdr and 30% mdr? Change it to match.

Besides, skills can be disabled to work in pvp.
Wiz is 60% pdr, has 1/3rd the base hp of a warrior, and its best...BEST single target spell can do 4-6k total with 1600mc.

A warriors best single target attack can do 15k with 1600dc.

It's called balance. There's a reason wizzies have shield. Warriors were never meant to have it because their shield is the 12000 hp, higher ac they have.

Wiz is 60% pdr, has 1/3rd the base hp of a warrior, and its best...BEST single target spell can do 4-6k total with 1600mc.

A warriors best single target attack can do 15k with 1600dc.

It's called balance. There's a reason wizzies have shield. Warriors were never meant to have it because their shield is the 12000 hp, higher ac they have.
No even with 2700 dc i can't hit 15k in 1 hit in PvP, unless you mean PvE then ye i've done blazing 30k

Wiz can tame 5 pets with 4k+ DC and mental HP as well, which also para and then they can literally never lose them, even after dying lol. Remind me of what that’s called again?

God forbid any other class receives positive changes, eh Cowboy! DiamondSkin is a new skill compared to the ones you complained about that have been in game since Project69 and once upon a time were very useful spells. I am talking about one that has been released for this server and to my knowledge has always been underwhelming.

Wiz can tame 5 pets with 4k+ DC and mental HP as well, which also para and then they can literally never lose them, even after dying lol. Remind me of what that’s called again?

God forbid any other class receives positive changes, eh Cowboy! DiamondSkin is a new skill compared to the ones you complained about that have been in game since Project69 and once upon a time were very useful spells. I am talking about one that has been released for this server and to my knowledge has always been underwhelming.
If you read thru any of my posts regarding diamond skin I agree it's shit and needs reworked. Even in DKs thread I said this. I don't have one positive thing to say about the skill, but you have to take into account skill balance.

Yes, wizzies can tame pets, and warriors can press one button with zero cooldown and send those pets into fking narnia making them useless in pvp. What do wizzies then do against an invuln terminator you can't slow, para, hit, damage, etc... for 11 seconds?

As I said, if this was just a PVE game yea I understand, but you also have to look at the PVP aspect of it.

How would this affect wall wars? Pk at bosses? Etc....

There are many many aspects you have to consider in the name of skill and class balance.

If you read thru any of my posts regarding diamond skin I agree it's shit and needs reworked. Even in DKs thread I said this. I don't have one positive thing to say about the skill, but you have to take into account skill balance.

Yes, wizzies can tame pets, and warriors can press one button with zero cooldown and send those pets into fking narnia making them useless in pvp. What do wizzies then do against an invuln terminator you can't slow, para, hit, damage, etc... for 11 seconds?

As I said, if this was just a PVE game yea I understand, but you also have to look at the PVP aspect of it.

How would this affect wall wars? Pk at bosses? Etc....

There are many many aspects you have to consider in the name of skill and class balance.
You are raising very good points that I didn’t consider at the time of posting. Thanks mate!

I laughed at the pets going to narnia hah!!

But again I do agree, the skill is ass :ROFLMAO:

I was thinking last night of possible reworks and instead of pdr, I was think what if it was a second protection field type spell that buffs ac and mac and/or some elemental resistances? Say 5% across the board.

Back