Wizzies on bosses | The Legend of Mir

Wizzies on bosses

Desi90

Newby
I have noticed that at high level and kitted that taos and warrs can kill bosses far quicker than wizzies , I know wizz used to have an edge when it comes to levelling and mass killing but now I think it’s starting to change with these GP caves being introduced . I think wizz should have some kind of aid to speed up killing bosses when solo . Possibly some kind of mirror type skill or something that isn’t effective against players . I have got a good kit on wizz and all the skills and still find bosses like 4T and SK to take a fair bit of time to kill where as a warrior with a lesser kit can kill in about 2 mins . I think this needs looking at .. some warriors are also going about on these GP caves which are non PK and entrapping the champs away from other players lures and killing them gaining the kill and drops . You can’t even fight them off as it’s 0 pk ?

I find Wizzes still have the edge with bosses and mass kills, my tao is 150, when hunting with a wizz of the same level I end up very much in a supporting role as can kill nowhere near as quickly as the wizz regardless of whether its a boss or big lure...

Make ignite give devastating damage with a longer cool down time , it’s already a PVE skill anyway ?

- - - Updated - - -

High level taos can kill bosses fast seen them flatten NL , biles quick time . But when wizzies have a Tao with them they seem to melt bosses due to the lower fire res and repent etc . I do like bossing with taos . However i do believe at end game taos and wars are superior when it comes to killing bosses .

100% agree, I levelled my wiz to get the drop bonuses from heroes league, but I don't even bother doing any bosses because it just takes too long. Most of the mid level stuff (biles/4t etc that kind of thing) I can do much faster on my warrior that is 21 levels behind

100% agree, I levelled my wiz to get the drop bonuses from heroes league, but I don't even bother doing any bosses because it just takes too long. Most of the mid level stuff (biles/4t etc that kind of thing) I can do much faster on my warrior that is 21 levels behind

I have seen a few high lvls in wizz in game that have started to invest their time on a warrior . I know that there are a handful of warriors in game that can just do a whole round bosses and just repeat it and when they time it right can be difficult to even get a look it .

Wizzies could definitely do with a bit of a boost when it comes to killing some bosses. I was soloing only my 2nd Bile the other day on my 145 mage. Took me over 20 minutes to chunk it's hp down to half, then a warr and tao happened to be there and they finished it off in less than 2 minutes.

Wizzies could definitely do with a bit of a boost when it comes to killing some bosses. I was soloing only my 2nd Bile the other day on my 145 mage. Took me over 20 minutes to chunk it's hp down to half, then a warr and tao happened to be there and they finished it off in less than 2 minutes.

Sounds about right, if I can be bothered later I'll go do a bile on each of my chars and time it :D

Isome warriors are also going about on these GP caves which are non PK and entrapping the champs away from other players lures and killing them gaining the kill and drops . You can’t even fight them off as it’s 0 pk ?

This bit I find interesting.

I also noticed when killing huge lures with poison in GP caves wizzies can translocate on to my drop and just stand there and collect my items. There's no way to even repulse them off. I need to go find a brute and repulse it all the way back to them. Pretty annoying. I wonder if making them PK but no drop would solve this issue?

Whilst on this topic I'd like to query how it is decided who gets the kill for a mob. Quite a few times recently I've been killing a champ or boss and sometimes a mate or a random has came by hit it a couple of times and got the drop. In these cases the people who done it were kind enough to give me the drop but I still missed out on the exp and GBP/GP even though I must have done 80% of the killing

I also noticed when killing huge lures with poison in GP caves wizzies can translocate on to my drop and just stand there and collect my items. There's no way to even repulse them off. I need to go find a brute and repulse it all the way back to them. Pretty annoying. I wonder if making them PK but no drop would solve this issue?

Whilst on this topic I'd like to query how it is decided who gets the kill for a mob. Quite a few times recently I've been killing a champ or boss and sometimes a mate or a random has came by hit it a couple of times and got the drop. In these cases the people who done it were kind enough to give me the drop but I still missed out on the exp and GBP/GP even though I must have done 80% of the killing

Yes it does appear a bit of grieving is going on . Isn’t aimed at any particular class have had the same wizzies come and cop the supers too . So it’s 50/50 you may lose the drop .

Surely that would apply to any class, anyone can stand on a drop

I wasn't having a go at a particular class here. There's arse holes who play every class :D I found what Desi said interesting because it had happened to me recently and I was thinking of how to solve the problem. Was reassuring someone else found this annoying as well

The people who have tried it on me have been wizzies and with translocate they can obviously get there much quicker and avoid the mobs. However, any class can do this and it seams unfair you can only stand by and watch.

I have noticed that at high level and kitted that taos and warrs can kill bosses far quicker than wizzies , I know wizz used to have an edge when it comes to levelling and mass killing but now I think it’s starting to change with these GP caves being introduced . I think wizz should have some kind of aid to speed up killing bosses when solo . Possibly some kind of mirror type skill or something that isn’t effective against players . I have got a good kit on wizz and all the skills and still find bosses like 4T and SK to take a fair bit of time to kill where as a warrior with a lesser kit can kill in about 2 mins . I think this needs looking at .. some warriors are also going about on these GP caves which are non PK and entrapping the champs away from other players lures and killing them gaining the kill and drops . You can’t even fight them off as it’s 0 pk ?

Wiz can solo stuff warrior can’t.

Sounds like you need a yimogi aswell or winged oma

Last edited:
Wars have their shortcomings. There are a few bosses that wars can't even touch and end up being cheerleaders for.

I'd easily give up a bit of my raw damage to be able to mitigate damage. Wiz level speed is insane in comparison. I think it's best to compare people that have one char only. When your main is 170+ and war is 150 ofc your going to do insane damage. You had the char best suited to killing mass lures and getting items to break down. War on the other hand can really only do bosses efficiently with the standard kit at level.

My war is 150 and wiz is 140 atm. War 1100dc in hunting kit, wiz in about 750. Wiz still rips lures in 3x the size of what war can handle in half the time. It is painful to kill bosses though so I usually bring my war with and throw in cops while war tanks and spanks.

The game is designed to hunt in groups. I personally think no bosses should be solable.

The game is designed to hunt in groups. I personally think no bosses should be solable.

War class would require massive rebalancing then. That or caves would need to be redesigned to fit the single target killing mechanic, especially for lower level wars.

I make alot more gold per hour on wiz than I do war. With how fast prices are dropping I've had problems just selling decent items on ah. I've spent 4x more time kitting the char out aswell.

Subs were always ment to be solod on every server I've played. Big bosses are a different issue.

Last edited:
Boss man need to update or increase the damage on those Undead stones by 3x to make them useful and to make them worthwhile in investing in a kit thats just for undead mobs..
the stones currently are +10 damage to undead.. they should be made atleast +30

I could only dream of doing a bike when I was 145....

Stop crying everything is fine as it is. Every class has its advantage/disadvantage. If you wanna kill bosses quick then you should make a warrior if you insist you should go tame HULKS and they will reduce the killings time by 80%. Ingame name? So I can see your shit stat unless you want to post it here.

Notice how the thread has been useful and friendly debate until 'vexus' appears and literally starts his comment with "stop crying" and proceeds to add zero useful input.

A common pattern, attention seeking troll, please just do the community a favour and do your thread-ruining trolling somewhere else

- - - Updated - - -

Boss man need to update or increase the damage on those Undead stones by 3x to make them useful and to make them worthwhile in investing in a kit thats just for undead mobs..
the stones currently are +10 damage to undead.. they should be made atleast +30

I'd be quite interested to see what effect undead stones actually have. Have you ever seen anyone make a kit with them? Maybe they are OP and just nobody has ever noticed haha. Possibly worth testing!

- - - Updated - - -

I could only dream of doing a bike when I was 145....

You were doing 4tails at 145 I remember haha, you did use some crazy pots though, that's commitment! Expensive, but fast is my point. I killed 4tails once an my wiz at about level 130 and it took over an hour. Being able to do it once just to see and being able to do it regularly aren't quite the same thing. Nobody is going to spend 5 hours a day to kill 5 bosses. The point is that wiz are so slow at killing most stuff it's simply not worthwhile. I went to assassins the other day and killed 2 and left the others because I was bored, they just take so blummin long, my warrior will be able to do them soon (could probably kill one now if I get it 1v1, just need to level a bit so I can LR the mobs there) and that'll be much faster and easier!

Notice how the thread has been useful and friendly debate until 'vexus' appears and literally starts his comment with "stop crying" and proceeds to add zero useful input.

A common pattern, attention seeking troll, please just do the community a favour and do your thread-ruining trolling somewhere else

- - - Updated - - -

Notice? Bloody hell your something else and how is my input zero useful? I just passed him on some knowledge... didn’t I?

Back