Wizz pets | The Legend of Mir

Wizz pets

I agree. I know you debate on the other side of the coin, and claim people can effectively boss and level with easy-to-find pets, but the fact remains that rare pets (rdd/bdp) are game changing for wizards, and losing them is a devastating blow on the scale of dropping and losing a key item of kit.

People advocate for ways to make it easier to keep them, harder to kill/steal them, I prefer the other route. Make wizards capable of killing stuff without pets. The pets should be there as tanks, not damage dealers, I'd be happy with 5 pets that can hold a boss in place for me so I don't need to lure it to a cliff or whatever, then use my own character attacks to kill it. Would be far more satisfying to play, and less stressful.

Pets die on logging off, can't be retamed, timers cant be extended. Like the good old days. Saves the drama.

You have 2 types of wizards, good ones and bad ones. These overpowered pets make them all appear to be good ones.

Just make it so you can buy pets instead of taming them like i think p69?

if you get rid of BDP pets without changing wizards to be more powerful you might aswell say goodbye to alot of wizards now.

just stop people stealing pets or make them easier to get simple!

Dunno about that but when I played pets used to be done in license quests, you had to complete a quest to unlock the next license up and then you could pay for up to 6 to be spawned in a taming room at Fort Evil Farm. If that’s what you mean? I didn’t play if there was a time you paid for them without having to tame it.

I liked the license quests, big fan of that idea coming back!

Having pet's in their current form is a painful experience, something as basic and casual as levelling is way more stressful than it should be for a wizard than it is other class (I have a tao 19 levels below wiz and warr 21 levels below wiz and both can kill champ stone tomb mobs faster than 195 wiz can (with good kit) without pets) - constantly on the lookout for map count as a wiz i find out a lot recently as i got my 1st BDP pets as people are out there just to ruin your day. It's hard to explain unless you have experienced what it's like. Yes, wiz can level and kill bosses without them, wiz is not hard to play at all nobody is special in being able to lvl wiz and can lvl super quick to 195 as me without pets if u ignore champ mobs n bosses in latter caves (otherwise u slow down too much + lose meter) but where's the fun in no drops. I have gotten to level 195 just fine without using pets because I've never had access to BDP pets - but I was finding that in the end game caves it takes me 4/5 times longer to kill champ mobs and bosses than it does the other classes - bosses have been slow kills always without pets. Last week someone was kind enough to donate BDP pets to me as they was taking a break from the game as was fed up of points made in this topic 1 axe 2 claws and 2 winged and now wow I can actually kill at the same pace as the other classes now but with too much stress doing that coz everyone wants their grubby hands on said pets and go out their way to take, there has to be some kind of middle ground that can be reached, a combination of some of the above suggestions perhaps, there's plenty of good ones. A GP cave in crypts with safe maps accessible from lanes or something wouldn't go a miss, there's no GP cave/safe map that gives enough XP at level 195 (ruins of souls doesn't) - crypts is the only place to go as far as I'm aware, and it's well known to pet thieves as easy place to steal. There's a safe map cave available for all stages of levelling it seems up till the final 5 levels, too slow to kill champ crypt mobs as wiz without pets, too much mither killing them with pets as you kill about 5 then have to move maps as someone's jumped on the map to come and nick em. I've stopped logging my wiz as life as tao and warr is so much more fun and stress free like game is supposed to be.

Nah don’t let people buy them.

Like zad says, make class playable without them and split the incompetent players from the proper ones
You play a warrior lol ofcourse you want rid of pets. it has nothing to do with you tbh.

if you get rid of pets without buffing wizards skills and making decent im out lol.

You play a warrior lol ofcourse you want rid of pets. it has nothing to do with you tbh.

if you get rid of pets without buffing wizards skills and making decent im out lol.

lol his Main is a warrior, he plays wizards too… don’t be so shallow when people offer their opinions!

If you read above there is a perfect example.

I want the sever balanced, I don’t want wizzies to be reliant on them. The pain, the fear and trepidation of loosing them, the fact the only proper good ones are hard to get,

So no, you have miss read my view

I would love to see a new class added that is a pure wizard class (no taming) and a change of skills added to the current wiz class so they become more of a traditional hunter class. I know this is impossible now but if a new server was set up this way I would be happy to give it a spin.

I would love to see a new class added that is a pure wizard class (no taming) and a change of skills added to the current wiz class so they become more of a traditional hunter class. I know this is impossible now but if a new server was set up this way I would be happy to give it a spin.
was some interesting skills in rota could implement well here.

As I said in another thread, unless more pets are added over 190, screw pets altogether, buff lightning damage back to its former glory so its not just undead damage, and a slight buff to shield or hp.

Not all wizzies have Danielle's, Popcorns, MMs kit with 9000 hp. So some survivability needs to come with losing pets, and buffing "living" lightning damage would increase wizzies single target damage enough to be able to boss.

The question would be what to replace eshock and nuture with.

Make it that only guild/allys/group members can tame your pet only. This way if coming across an enemy 1 must not stress and get a high bP.

As I said in another thread, unless more pets are added over 190, screw pets altogether, buff lightning damage back to its former glory so its not just undead damage, and a slight buff to shield or hp.

Not all wizzies have Danielle's, Popcorns, MMs kit with 9000 hp. So some survivability needs to come with losing pets, and buffing "living" lightning damage would increase wizzies single target damage enough to be able to boss.

The question would be what to replace eshock and nuture with.
Why get rid of all of them?
Why not return to the original concept of pets are a nice addition you add to your hunt while your out and about that will help with a final boss in a cave. NOT the be all and end all of life like they currently are.

I agree with the need to balance the damage output slightly on a couple spells but reality is wizzes shouldn’t be able to lvl as fast as they can and also steam roller bosses and red mobs, they need something to slow them down.

I’m lvling a wizz, it’s bloody op! PK is a walk in the park, runes are cheap as chips, if you don’t forget to keep shield up then your unlikely to die pve.

I have found over the last week or so that 5 Wedge Moths (1 Champ and 4 Supers) do a very good job when leveling. They will keep the subs in place but not so much for bosses. In fairness for leveling they don't need to be super or champs, there 10 a penny so easy to get another one, bit of a mess if there is a big lure coming towards you. But just replace with new ones when you get clear of the lure. Bosses I think its a bit different but then should any boss be able to be done solo. I thought that was part of the joy of mir, you go to a boss and kill it with friends.

Just my opinion, others are welcome to theirs.

I have found over the last week or so that 5 Wedge Moths (1 Champ and 4 Supers) do a very good job when leveling. They will keep the subs in place but not so much for bosses. In fairness for leveling they don't need to be super or champs, there 10 a penny so easy to get another one, bit of a mess if there is a big lure coming towards you. But just replace with new ones when you get clear of the lure. Bosses I think its a bit different but then should any boss be able to be done solo. I thought that was part of the joy of mir, you go to a boss and kill it with friends.

Just my opinion, others are welcome to theirs.

Great insight!

I think a tip for you is that if you take those 4 supers and 1 champ to kill lower bosses (gold farming) you will probably find some real success there compared to if you didn't have them. You can let them do all the work whilst you chill and drink a brew.

i can literally envision zade and others head in hands crying reading these replys, they have become so adapted to having 5 OP pets at this stage i think taking them off of the wizz class would be detrimental to there physical health.

i can literally envision zade and others head in hands crying reading these replys, they have become so adapted to having 5 OP pets at this stage i think taking them off of the wizz class would be detrimental to there physical health.
You've clearly never read any of my replies. I've been advocating to nerf them and have been for some time now

Back