Wizz pets (not a rant) | The Legend of Mir

Wizz pets (not a rant)

w17013429

Hi all,

I'm a level 144 wizz and while the guides on here are great I'm at a bit of a loss. I don't have access to BDP yet and I'm wondering what pets you used as a wizz while leveling up.

Does anyone have a list of best wizz pets for all levels 120+ based on dps, tank etc?

Thanks in advice and please don't spam this thread with the usual wizz pets are op stuff :)

There isn't really any guides or lists because most of them are awful

At your level the best you'll probably get is brutes from naga city (first 2 floors after desert tunnel), or things from paradise isle/lakes

Can't think of anything better at that level, if I've forgotten an obvious choice I'm happy to be corrected :)

You won't get any "decent" pets until 168/169 which is slimehulks.

Outside of that you can tame super hunters or slashers in naga gp, but they don't last long at bosses and are more of a hinderence in my opinion. Super hunters and slashers you need 150/151? I think

Having just lvled a wizz to 170, ignore pets!!

They are not worth it!!

As other have said, hulks (I managed to find 1 that I could tame when I was 169, are miles better than anything from naga gp)

Honestly the secret to wizz upto lvl 170 is pdr kit!! Get ur pdr up and the worlds your oyster

Having just lvled a wizz to 170, ignore pets!!

They are not worth it!!

As other have said, hulks (I managed to find 1 that I could tame when I was 169, are miles better than anything from naga gp)

Honestly the secret to wizz upto lvl 170 is pdr kit!! Get ur pdr up and the worlds your oyster
Pretty much this.

That or find a warrior with luring cry and befriend them. Lay ground spells and have them lure mass amounts of mobs into inferno/firewall/etc...

There isn't really any guides or lists because most of them are awful

At your level the best you'll probably get is brutes from naga city (first 2 floors after desert tunnel), or things from paradise isle/lakes

Can't think of anything better at that level, if I've forgotten an obvious choice I'm happy to be corrected :)
Can the brutes in there actually be tamed?

i think the champ / blue toads in paradise isles / lakes are okay too, i never used to pets to level its more when it comes to bosses i use them even though there nice to sail through the event with with a semi afk mentality.

i think the champ / blue toads in paradise isles / lakes are okay too, i never used to pets to level its more when it comes to bosses i use them even though there nice to sail through the event with with a semi afk mentality.
Yeah thanks, just finding the toads is a nightmare though. even in gp cave just run all floors and found 1 blue toad

Frogs are absolutely the best at that point as they lower the defences of whatever they attack, they move fast and attack from 2 spaces away.

Yeah thanks, just finding the toads is a nightmare though. even in gp cave just run all floors and found 1 blue toad
i actually hate how dependent wizards are on pets, i have encountered many of the same issues finding pets only for them to be tamed or i TT from pvp because im scared to lose them it really kills aspects of the game for me - i would rather see a gold sink for all Pets ranging from 100-200 cost increasing per 10 levels or whatever it may be, or remove them and make wizards great again!

i actually hate how dependent wizards are on pets, i have encountered many of the same issues finding pets only for them to be tamed or i TT from pvp because im scared to lose them it really kills aspects of the game for me - i would rather see a gold sink for all Pets ranging from 100-200 cost increasing per 10 levels or whatever it may be, or remove them and make wizards great again!
Ability to buy level relevant pets would be good. I'd pay gold for pets no problem. I already pay ds for them through looking for champs and supers in gp caves. If you could buy them would reduce the amount of pet theft aswell as just wouldn't be worth it.

Ability to buy level relevant pets would be good. I'd pay gold for pets no problem. I already pay ds for them through looking for champs and supers in gp caves. If you could buy them would reduce the amount of pet theft aswell as just wouldn't be worth it.
Or a license system like p69.

I am still to tame any of the "good" pets, like BDD stuff or hulks, I can't say I've struggled without them.

Best to find whatever mob is super within your taming range, and just use them. At the end of the day, pets are best use to distract mob's, not kill them outright. If you look after them (and have nurture, which is a definite must-have) they can last for months and you will have no problems hunting anything.

Quick question on this, say I had two wizz chars the same level and decent pets.

If I go to a non safe area and "steal" my own pets would that be a way around the 60 min retame timer?

I am still to tame any of the "good" pets, like BDD stuff or hulks, I can't say I've struggled without them.

Best to find whatever mob is super within your taming range, and just use them. At the end of the day, pets are best use to distract mob's, not kill them outright. If you look after them (and have nurture, which is a definite must-have) they can last for months and you will have no problems hunting anything.
That works fine until around level 170/175 ish, but the difficulty of mobs and bosses doesn't scale evenly with level. "Normal" supers from wherever you're levelling will die in a lure of the same mobs, and high level bosses will just mash them up

What I'm keen to see, and I've said many times, is what joesav has said above. Wiz need to be less reliant on pets, they should be as you say, throwaway that you can easily tame as you go along while hunting and don't care if they die you just get some more as you come across them. Should be able to do bosses effectively without any pets.

The recent changes introducing higher level Ogres has been great to mitigate that, I think there's going to be a lot less moaning now since that update, so thank you for that Mr Scorp :)

That works fine until around level 170/175 ish, but the difficulty of mobs and bosses doesn't scale evenly with level. "Normal" supers from wherever you're levelling will die in a lure of the same mobs, and high level bosses will just mash them up

What I'm keen to see, and I've said many times, is what joesav has said above. Wiz need to be less reliant on pets, they should be as you say, throwaway that you can easily tame as you go along while hunting and don't care if they die you just get some more as you come across them. Should be able to do bosses effectively without any pets.

The recent changes introducing higher level Ogres has been great to mitigate that, I think there's going to be a lot less moaning now since that update, so thank you for that Mr Scorp :)
Agreed Zade, but again that only helps higher level wizzes, once you hit the 155ish level grind it starts to become difficult until 170ish when you can get hullks.

Agreed Zade, but again that only helps higher level wizzes, once you hit the 155ish level grind it starts to become difficult until 170ish when you can get hullks.
Sounds like I need to level one of my other wizards some more to test out :p

Back