Wiz Flinch | The Legend of Mir

Wiz Flinch

Aro

Hi GM,

I posted about this many months ago, it has caused me countless ingame deaths. I wonder could you look into it.

https://youtu.be/Ggq-zoSuIsM

I took that short vid today, look at 7 secs in youll see I try to use COP (F2 on my skillbar) the countdown starts but my skill doesn't fire. Took the video on a lower level map as I kept dying while attempting it in PB.

This happens to me with COP, Bloodstorm & translocation ALL THE TIME, & near enough every time one of them fails in PB I either rev or die.

Every other wizz ingame can also confirm this.

Thanks
Aro

Hi GM,

I posted about this many months ago, it has caused me countless ingame deaths. I wonder could you look into it.

https://youtu.be/Ggq-zoSuIsM

I took that short vid today, look at 7 secs in youll see I try to use COP (F2 on my skillbar) the countdown starts but my skill doesn't fire. Took the video on a lower level map as I kept dying while attempting it in PB.

This happens to me with COP, Bloodstorm & translocation ALL THE TIME, & near enough every time one of them fails in PB I either rev or die.

Every other wizz ingame can also confirm this.

Thanks
Aro

This also happens with tao's on devilsvision

Pretty sure it is normal / standard for a hit to interrupt a skill cast

Scorp, a few weeks before my original post you released a small patch, before that patch we did not flinch. Correct me if I am wrong anyone?

In harder maps such as CT & PB I can flinch x4 without a cast, would probably be more if I didn't tt/die, surely that's not intentional game design?

I think the patch where the cooldown timer was visible on the skill bar made it so you can actually see it happening , where as before u wouldnt see it happening and therefor wouldnt know. You would just be flinching flinching flinching until you could cast.

Last edited:
Scorp is right this is normal. You need more AC and physical damage reduction to get less flinch.

Pretty sure it is normal / standard for a hit to interrupt a skill cast

To interrupt yes, but surely you should be able to attempt to cast again immediately, having to wait for a cool down period for a spell that failed makes a massive difference and is the cause of plenty much 100% of my deaths while solo levelling. I'm pretty sure before the patch aro mentions you could cast again straight away

I suppose it depends on how you imagine the logic of the skills working. I do believe you but not sure what happened when. There was certainly no intentional change.

Really a Wizard shouldn't be in a position where he is stun locked and unable to cast a skill. The skills like COP / FF / TStorm were always supposed to be a type of panic skill or used by groups of wizards to stun lock the mobs

Back