Why did my FPS drop 50% and how to fix ? "Zade and GM" | The Legend of Mir

Why did my FPS drop 50% and how to fix ? "Zade and GM"

Kingkongen

Hi,

I know nothing about cpu i just work with em and play MIR.
However, i did play with a FPS constant around 55-65.. now it are 27-35 all the time.
It have been like this for about 2 Months ( give or take )

I have done nothing to my pc, no new programs no new internet deliver, same uber duber line that we have in Sweden. Basicly nothing at all have change, what i know.
Why does the fps drop 50 % just like that and never ever get above 35 anymore ?

:mad-new::mad-new:

The ONLY thing i does at my home pc is play mir ^^ i dont even are on internet on it so.. i dunno what is the problem.

Something has changed. Just need to work out if it's software related (you say it isn't, but it's possible something like windows or antivirus has updated silently and you didn't know), or hardware related (maybe some component in your PC isn't working at full capacity) or external hardware related (things like network cables, wifi interference, router etc.) but they would normally affect ping only rather than fps, so it's unlikely to be that. So let's look at your PC first.

Can you check your task manager and let us know if there is anything consuming lots of CPU time?
Can you give us a list of your hardware?

Re: Why did my FPS drop 50% and how to fix ? "Zade and GM"

Did you click "limit FPS" in the Options F12?

I will look into it as soon as i am home from work.. i realy hope not but if i know me i might have done that :sleeping:

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Something has changed. Just need to work out if it's software related (you say it isn't, but it's possible something like windows or antivirus has updated silently and you didn't know), or hardware related (maybe some component in your PC isn't working at full capacity) or external hardware related (things like network cables, wifi interference, router etc.) but they would normally affect ping only rather than fps, so it's unlikely to be that. So let's look at your PC first.

Can you check your task manager and let us know if there is anything consuming lots of CPU time?
Can you give us a list of your hardware?

I love when you talk like this Zade ^^

Lol I added the limitation because when I play on my laptop it sounds like a helicopter. I thought I may as well add the option to turn it on and off for anyone who wishes to limit the CPU consumption. I think the cap on "limit FPS" is 35 FPS. It wasn't too long ago the game was completely capped at 40 FPS. I don't really think it makes much difference but people like big numbers :D

I don't really think it makes much difference but people like big numbers :D
I certainly don't notice any difference.

Depending on what's going on my fps can vary between 40 and 70 and I don't notice any difference at all in gameplay

Back