White screen | The Legend of Mir

White screen

Don

Newby
As title says, white screen when i open mir, downloaded arcadia for the first time today but when i open mir, its just a white screen

This has happened to me a few times if I have multiple copies of Mir Arcadia open at the same time (for multiple accounts) and I use alt-tab to go between them. To fix it I press windows key to go back to desktop then click the icon again and it is fine.

If that doesn't solve the problem, then I have no idea :) Check the announcements board for a long list of suggestions for common connection issues

- - - Updated - - -

Also, hello and welcome to Arcadia!

This has happened to me a few times if I have multiple copies of Mir Arcadia open at the same time (for multiple accounts) and I use alt-tab to go between them. To fix it I press windows key to go back to desktop then click the icon again and it is fine.

If that doesn't solve the problem, then I have no idea :) Check the announcements board for a long list of suggestions for common connection issues

- - - Updated - - -

Also, hello and welcome to Arcadia!

Thanks I have just tried this however even when I press the windows key, the screen still stays white; I have to quit the whole application by pressing alt f4 to get rid of the white screen. I have checked the announcements board and have doen everything suggested on there however, still no luck :/
Hope I can resolve this issue as I would really like to play arcadia after having a long few year break from mir!

Thanks I have just tried this however even when I press the windows key, the screen still stays white; I have to quit the whole application by pressing alt f4 to get rid of the white screen. I have checked the announcements board and have doen everything suggested on there however, still no luck :/
Hope I can resolve this issue as I would really like to play arcadia after having a long few year break from mir!

You'd be most welcome back! Always good to see people joining/returning :D

I hope you get it resolved soon. I'm sure the almighty Andy will be along soon with some words of wisdom for you

Sounds silly but try running it as administrator and see if it works, any issues I have had always ran in admin then after that works great

Sounds silly but try running it as administrator and see if it works, any issues I have had always ran in admin then after that works great

Yeah it said that on the announcements page which I have already done and it did not work :(

Thanks the first thread has resoloved the white screen issue.

However, been playing the game all day today and its just very slow for new starters. I've been helped by a couple of lovely people who have helped me level and given me kit but if it wasnt for them, its a very slow and long proccess. Theres no guidance or where you should hunt to level, find kit, make money and find skill books; it just seems a very long and slow proccess to even get anywhere close to the current players. I know i only been playing a day and i know i shouldnt be able to catch up with the current players in a day, but i just think there should be some guidance on how i should play the game as it is quite different from other mirs that i have played in the past. I just think there should be some boost for new starters to help us catch up to the current players like the start level increased with some decent kit and spells as the low end kit and spells are worthless anyway and its a waste of time running around bw killing hens and deers. Most people dont want to help so maybe give a reward to those who do actually help. The main issue i have is that i have no idea what kit i should be looking for, where it actually even drops and where to find skills books etc. I know everything shouldnt be told and given to u but this server has been out for a long time and there are a lot of people who are comfortably playing while the new starters have no chance of catching up or even getting close. For example, i am looking for flame field, i have no idea where it drops and the cheapest it is in auction house is 850k while i only have 200k... Its quite a long rant but i am going to give the game a few days, if its enjoyable i will carry on playing, however, its been very boring for me so far.

If anyone does want to help me out lvling, finding kit, making money or everything else i am struggling with, please do help me out and make it as enjoyable for me as it for u. I dont have time to be playing all day everyday; I will just have a few hours a day to enjoy my self and play the game. I will be playing quite a lot for the next couple of days to try and get into it but if it doesnt work out then something really needs to be done to help new starters to make it enjoyable for us as well as the current players...

Rant over...
If you see me ingame please try to help me :)

/DonPablo

Hi all I'm having the same issue as listed above however the below links don't work for me I'm getting a opp's message do i need permission to see these?
The forum was archived at one point for performance reasons and a lot of old posts are no longer available. After posting this I'm going to report my own post to get GM attention and maybe he can retrieve those posts quoted, as I don't know what the solution is for your problem unfortunately

Thanks the first thread has resoloved the white screen issue.

However, been playing the game all day today and its just very slow for new starters. I've been helped by a couple of lovely people who have helped me level and given me kit but if it wasnt for them, its a very slow and long proccess. Theres no guidance or where you should hunt to level, find kit, make money and find skill books; it just seems a very long and slow proccess to even get anywhere close to the current players. I know i only been playing a day and i know i shouldnt be able to catch up with the current players in a day, but i just think there should be some guidance on how i should play the game as it is quite different from other mirs that i have played in the past. I just think there should be some boost for new starters to help us catch up to the current players like the start level increased with some decent kit and spells as the low end kit and spells are worthless anyway and its a waste of time running around bw killing hens and deers. Most people dont want to help so maybe give a reward to those who do actually help. The main issue i have is that i have no idea what kit i should be looking for, where it actually even drops and where to find skills books etc. I know everything shouldnt be told and given to u but this server has been out for a long time and there are a lot of people who are comfortably playing while the new starters have no chance of catching up or even getting close. For example, i am looking for flame field, i have no idea where it drops and the cheapest it is in auction house is 850k while i only have 200k... Its quite a long rant but i am going to give the game a few days, if its enjoyable i will carry on playing, however, its been very boring for me so far.

If anyone does want to help me out lvling, finding kit, making money or everything else i am struggling with, please do help me out and make it as enjoyable for me as it for u. I dont have time to be playing all day everyday; I will just have a few hours a day to enjoy my self and play the game. I will be playing quite a lot for the next couple of days to try and get into it but if it doesnt work out then something really needs to be done to help new starters to make it enjoyable for us as well as the current players...

Rant over...
If you see me ingame please try to help me :)

/DonPablo
Hi mate, feel free to send me a message in game and I will guild you and show you the ropes, we’re pretty active and have a friendly and helpful bunch 😊

It’s good to see new or returning faces in game hopefully will see you soon

/SexyMama

The forum was archived at one point for performance reasons and a lot of old posts are no longer available. After posting this I'm going to report my own post to get GM attention and maybe he can retrieve those posts quoted, as I don't know what the solution is for your problem unfortunately
appreciate the info please tag me if you hear anything. would love to get back to farming black iron ore its been 20 years..... wait what am i saying lol

I don't think anyone mines black iron ore anymore you will be pleased to hear
I was a big BIO miner and refiner in Euro Mir so I missed it a bit here, but then realized that there are so many more upgrade options now. Plus I actually don't really miss AFK/Mining-ing in the mines, and only seeing zombies for days.
So yea there is no farming black iron ore. Its now gems and orbs and other advanced stuff!

I think BIO mining should be reinvented in some form. It was always high risk upgrading. Perhaps it should allow a bigger jump in stats such as a +3 (past gem limits) but with the same risk of breaking the item.

Back