Weekend Events on Rota. | The Legend of Mir

Weekend Events on Rota.

Vorsi

I was wondering if we could have a set rota of mini events every weekend. Yes some people might miss them, myself included when i happened to be working but i know that alot more people would be logging in if the knew some sort of event was on that weekend.

Im not asking for elaborate events , such as easter or the previous contagion event (which btw was a great little event i loved it, got me back playing).Im thinking along the lines of this.

Weekend 1. 1.5x more exp starting friday, ending sunday at 12am.
weekend 2. 100% more gold find starting friday, ending sunday at 12am.
weekend 3. 2x more supers/champs starting friday, ending sunday at 12am.
weekend 4. 30% more drop find starting friday, ending sunday at 12am.

Then its back to weekend 1. Obviously if these values are too high you can change accordingly its just an example.

Many online games ive played mainly mmo's have these sort of features. It has alittle for everyone without breaking the game and making it too easy for people in the long run. You could argue that people will only log in when these little events are on but that simply wouldnt be the case imo. They are short and on a long repeat timer. 1 time each month and it means there is always something going on ingame.

Just an idea. thanks for reading.

i would love this to happend but we have to see what the game its self witholds

if more people keep playing and joining this will not happen at all but if the player start dropping it mire or wave 2 of corona hits maybe it will come into play but my self i cant wait for the next event i hope he will fire the helloween event i loved it i didnt not like it for the boss or the boxes i loved it as of the monstars i think they was 100% cool i wish they was in the game but there not aka sucks maybe andy will bring them in on a new map i hope sooo :D

I was actually thinking about how this could be more "randomised" because it would seem unfair to people who can only play at certain times and would never get to make the most of these bonuses. I came up with a somewhat elaborate plan which would probably need extensive tweaking and consideration, but it's somewhere to start. Here's the idea...

A 6 hour countdown timer is triggered by the death of Loki. If EvilMir, SvaltusTrollKing and LordOfTheDead are all killed within that timer, then it triggers a 24hr server-wide buff (random from the usual choices, 1.5x exp, 2x super/champ, +100% gold find that kind of thing).

Obviously most of the time it wouldn't be possible to trigger because 1 or more of those bosses simply won't be out at the right time and you can't kill what isn't there. So it would be semi-random and relatively rare to see it all line up just right for this buff to be triggered.

It would give people something else to think about and would have the potential to benefit everyone

- - - Updated - - -

I guess to keep it "in-universe" you could have some kind of theme to it along the lines of "...with all the evil kings dead, the citizens of Arcadia are free and can flourish... until the evil returns..."

I was actually thinking about how this could be more "randomised" because it would seem unfair to people who can only play at certain times and would never get to make the most of these bonuses. I came up with a somewhat elaborate plan which would probably need extensive tweaking and consideration, but it's somewhere to start. Here's the idea...

A 6 hour countdown timer is triggered by the death of Loki. If EvilMir, SvaltusTrollKing and LordOfTheDead are all killed within that timer, then it triggers a 24hr server-wide buff (random from the usual choices, 1.5x exp, 2x super/champ, +100% gold find that kind of thing).

Obviously most of the time it wouldn't be possible to trigger because 1 or more of those bosses simply won't be out at the right time and you can't kill what isn't there. So it would be semi-random and relatively rare to see it all line up just right for this buff to be triggered.

It would give people something else to think about and would have the potential to benefit everyone

- - - Updated - - -

I guess to keep it "in-universe" you could have some kind of theme to it along the lines of "...with all the evil kings dead, the citizens of Arcadia are free and can flourish... until the evil returns..."
the 6h countdown is a NONO like that will
Never happen kill all those boss within 6h just as you mentioned. Qi think the Idea thread maker mentioned is more realistic and fun. But yes he could add the part of your idea where it should be random not on a set day so it could benefit everyone.

the 6h countdown is a NONO like that will
Never happen kill all those boss within 6h just as you mentioned. Qi think the Idea thread maker mentioned is more realistic and fun. But yes he could add the part of your idea where it should be random not on a set day so it could benefit everyone.

That's why I said "would probably need extensive tweaking and consideration"

I feel like I have to spend more time writing legal disclaimers than writing up actual ideas when people take everything so literally :(

That's why I said "would probably need extensive tweaking and consideration"

I feel like I have to spend more time writing legal disclaimers than writing up actual ideas when people take everything so literally :(

yeah ppl need to see that these sort of idea's will always have to be fine tuned by scorp/warda.

personally i like your idea, How about instead of having to kill all bosses, we could also have a token drop from them. Say Loki's head. When handed in it provides server wide buff for X amount of time. +10% exp for 12 hours or w/e scorp thinks is reasonable

Back