Weapons/items with special abilities | The Legend of Mir

Weapons/items with special abilities

noctis

Newby
I was wondering if it is possible to add some special abilities to weapons/items/armour that boosts certain skills in some way. For example - DarkFlowStaff, a wizards staff that when equipped while reduce the mp cost of all skills by 25%. BoulderBreaker - a special para ring that when worn you do double damage to the mob that is affected by the paralysis (you only do the double damage for the duration of the mob being parad) BeastMasterRobe - a special Taoist armour that when worn will increase the attack speed of pets by 20%. These are just some ideas I have thought up and are just examples. I'm just wondering if you can code items to do that kind of thing? Obviously if you can it would be restricted to 1 special item can be worn at a time so people don't get crazy OP.

cool idea

Cheers 5star. I'd love for one of the Dev team members to reply to this thread as if this is doable it will bring ALOT more build diversity and bring some use to older skills that are more or less redundant. I have a lot of ideas for weapons items and armours with these special abilities attached to them but I'd obviously want community input on values and to let me know if anything is potentially game breaking but I'll bang up a list if this idea is possible.

The idea is good. I like some of the function ideas. Got any more?

It would be relatively easy to do these things - such as flame ring and recovery ring - even so as socket items so you could add that function to any items. It is an area of expansion that as a whole would take some serious consideration.

I have a few. Some of these might be useless or OP as I've not used all the skills in game.

Wizard
Field of Flames - FlameField now hits 3x3 radius
Wind Walker - Translocation now works 100% of the time and will always land on your mouse cursor.
Novacained - ThunderNova will now cause Lightning aoe damage (2x2 radius) on impact.
Hell's Flame - FlameDisruptor has a 10% chance to burn the enemy for 500hp over 5 seconds.
Professional Tamer - Tamed pets now last until they die or player logs out.

Warrior
Cross Cleave - CrossHalfMoon now hits at a 3x3 radius and does Lightning damage.
Buff Monster - Rage, ProtectionField and Berserk will now last forever after being casted once. (Until player logs out, dies etc)
Fired Up - Successfully hitting an enemy with FlamingSword and/or BlazingSword has a 30% chance to reset the cooldown on each of these skills.
Ice Breaker - FrozenSword now has a 40% chance to freeze enemies.
Shoulder Smash - Player can now ShoulderDash enemies up to 10 levels higher than themselves and has a 20% chance to stun the enemy for 2 seconds.

Taoist
Master Poisoner - Casting Poison will now cast both green and red poison at the same time.
Shadow Army - All enemies will now ignore your pets until attacked by them.
Together as One - 10% of the damage you receive is redirected to your pets.
Devils Advocate - DevilsVision now costs 50% less mp to cast.
Voodoo - Casting Curse will also cast LowerFireResist and LowerIceResist at the same time.

Multi-Class
Glass Cannon - Damage is increased by 10% but defence/resistances is reduced by 5%.
Bunker - Defence/resistances is increased by 10% but damage is reduced by 5%.
Treasure Hunter - Increase DropRate by 20%.
Midas Touch - Increase gold gained from monsters by 30%.

There's 5 for each class plus the other ones I mentioned but I can still think of a few more if you want a full list. The values I've put up for everything is just template though as you would know better than me as to how much things should proc, damage % increases, cooldown reductions etc. without breaking the game. Let me know what you think mate and I'll put up everything else I can think of :)

Absolutely great post btw some really awesome ideas.
A few things i think would be cool to add for Taoist - Ability to have buffs + debuffs for all elements ie lightning/holy
Another skill similar to Explosive Amulet as i think this skill is amazing lol

Warriors - Turn to stone , become impervious to damage for X amount of seconds
Enrage , Activate all buffs at once for 5/10mins (same times as the taoist buff timers)

Wizards - The floor is lava (lol) - 4x2 area that becomes fiery , sort of like the spit on the floor at RedDragon
Enhanced Inner Sight - Inner sight now lasts 5/10 mins like the tao buff ue

Liking the thought put into these ideas, certainly something worth exploring.

Keep 'em coming!

Something like a new quest skill called AdvancedUltimateEnhancer where it scaled like the old ue system ( off of holy damage / sc ) so its possible to get 100 + ue's again :D would be awesome obviously with the same rewards for wiz/war with their mc/dc buffs

like enrage idea... one button to activate all buffs:) would free up "F" key so you could place fighting skills on them:)))
would be nice idea to have one button to recall pets too, and some kind of arcamon recall key..

Last edited:
Found that thread with the cool ideas =D BUMP

- - - Updated - - -

Idk if noctis is still around but dudes got some sick ideas

A lvl 150 ish version of the replen/regen helms would be sweeeeet ! Would they have to be helmets too ? :p

While we're on the regen subject, I'm a big fan of my stone with 100% HP and MP regen but using that loses me like 40 MC compared to really common stuff that's for my level. But losing out on the regen is just too big a hit for me to lose. I'd like to see some higher level stones that have equivalent regen, of course they'd need to be very rare

While we're on the regen subject, I'm a big fan of my stone with 100% HP and MP regen but using that loses me like 40 MC compared to really common stuff that's for my level. But losing out on the regen is just too big a hit for me to lose. I'd like to see some higher level stones that have equivalent regen, of course they'd need to be very rare

yup almost like what the eagle charms and those other cool stones where like, they were ingame but rare as shit!

Hey guys. Im back! Had a little break from gaming after my daughter was born. I promised you lot an expanded list for the weapons/items ideas and I hope to have that list done in the next few days. Watch this space!

XLR8

Hey guys. Im back! Had a little break from gaming after my daughter was born. I promised you lot an expanded list for the weapons/items ideas and I hope to have that list done in the next few days. Watch this space!

XLR8

Welcome back and congratulations to you both, I hope everything goes well for you all.

Look forward to the updates. :encouragement:

Wizard

Call of Shiva - Changes Suanni Legion to Ice element damage.
Phoenix Flash - Phoenix Dance no longer has an impact, instead it does damage to everything it passes though. (Like Lightning skill but increased radius to fit the size of skills animation.)
Mana Vamp - Vampirism steals MP instead of HP.

Warrior

Avalanche - Ethereal Blades has a 15% chance to slow enemies and its element damage is converted to Ice.
Shadow Blast - Shadow Slayer does more damage the more enemies it hits up to a maximum of 15% bonus damage.
TwinDrakeShatter - Converts TwinDrakeBlade's element damage from Dark to Ice.

Taoist

Final Service - Tao pets (exc. Arcamon) explode on death dealing 1k damage as Holy.
Master Healer - All healing skills cost 35% less MP to cast.
Megid - Allows Taoists to use TurnUndead skill.

Multi-Class

Light Feet - Player can no longer be caught out by traps. (i.e para traps in RDD etc.)
Pro Fighter - While not wearing a special ring (Para, Pro, Revival and Clear) damage is increased by 8%.
Infinite Pool - All skills cost 15% less MP to cast.

Tower of Torment
An instanced dungeon with 50 floors (roughly the same size as OmaKingSpirit KR) with monsters increasing in difficulty per floor. A boss awaits players at the end of every 10 levels to smash your skull in. To keep it fresh the bosses change up every week to keep players on their toes.

Daily Quests

5 different quests for players to complete in a day to receive rewards upon completion.

⦁ Kill 500 Naga monsters.
⦁ Kill GreatFoxSpirit.
⦁ Collect 50 webs from spiders in RedMoonValley.
⦁ Collect 30 DragonScales from Omas in PastBichon.
⦁ Visit the Bloodlands.

Rewards -

⦁ X amount of Gold.
⦁ X% Exp pot. (Account Locked)
⦁ Random Design and Essence. (Account Locked)
⦁ 5 GameGold.

Evolving Weapons

3 new weapons, 1 per class. Each weapon drops as a 'Sealed' weapon. After killing 10,000 monsters with the sealed weapon it unlocks the weapon to its full potential.
(Also altering the weapons appearance if possible.)

SealedBlade - DC130-220 Acc+15 A-Speed+3 Dark Damage+5%. After 15k kills >
HavokBlade - DC150-250 Acc+18 A-Speed+5 Dark Damage+8% Light+5 CritStrike+10%

SealedWand - MC120-210 Agil+5 Fire Damage+5% Ice Damage+5%. 15k kills >
PsychoWand - MC140-240 Agil+8 Fire Damage+10% Ice Damage+10% Light+5 CritStrike+8%

SealedFan - SC125-215 Acc+5 Agil+5 Lightning Damage+5% Holy Damage+5%. 15k Kills >
ChaosFan - SC145-245 Acc+8 Agil+8 Lightning Damage+10% Holy Damage+10%
Light+5 CritStrike+8%

I had more to add to this but I done a lot of this during my lunch break at work and saved it on my phone but my phone has decided it no longer wants to work so I might have lost a good few of my ideas :( Hopefully I can get them off my phone at some point and I'll add a little more.

XLR8

A new type of clear ring that makes u invisible to all magic mobs which includes all bosses.. i think all classes can benefit from this

Back