User count update | The Legend of Mir

User count update

zad48231

Leading Contributor
Just in case anyone gives a shit, thought I'd share my latest graph

I've been storing the current logged-in user count every minute since the start of October, it would be too much data to display all of that on one graph, so I took an average across each hour which seems to fit a bit nicer.

The low-end spikes you see (3 in october, 2 in november, 2 in december, 1 in january) will be reboots/downtime, they don't show exactly zero unless the server was offline for a full given hour, which hasn't happened since I started recording

There's been a clear increase in the general average counts around the end of October and December which ties in with the last two events, unfortunate to see nothing really changing much following the Temple of Ancients.

Since Christmas event finished there's been a very slight but gradual decrease, be interesting to see if that perks up with the Past Bichon update, and I'm excited for the Easter event!

The highest user count we have seen was 168 on 2019-12-29 at 20:41

oct-jan-users.png

Full raw data file can be provided to anyone who wants it

how you checking user count every minute?

Game server exposes some limited data on port 3000, designed so that external APIs can access it to display on websites etc.
I have a cron job set up that uses telnet to pull the data and dump it into a log file, and a small script that I run manually when I feel like it to parse the data into a usable format that I can open in Excel to make graphs etc.

Game server exposes some limited data on port 3000, designed so that external APIs can access it to display on websites etc.
I have a cron job set up that uses telnet to pull the data and dump it into a log file, and a small script that I run manually when I feel like it to parse the data into a usable format that I can open in Excel to make graphs etc.

I love lamp

Wonder how many of them users was jizzy jezzy and w.e, at one point the crazy bastard had like 30 characters online

Yeah it's unfortunately not possible to split it out automatically without making changes to the server, which I don't think Andy will bother with, I'd rather he spent his time working on content updates :)

Back