Upgrading Unused Sockets | The Legend of Mir

Upgrading Unused Sockets

5starstore

Sure ive thrown this idea about before but i think it would be real nice to be able to get 0.8 IgnoreTargetDefence sockets or 0.8 Reflect's maybe 20% hp regens ? Would just allow for some more diverse builds rather than just the MC/DC/SC + PA/MA/SA meta

Sure ive thrown this idea about before but i think it would be real nice to be able to get 0.8 IgnoreTargetDefence sockets or 0.8 Reflect's maybe 20% hp regens ? Would just allow for some more diverse builds rather than just the MC/DC/SC + PA/MA/SA meta

Agree massively

Reflect 0.5 > 0.75/0.80
Ignore 0.5 > 0.75/0.80
HP Regen 10% > 15%
MP Regen 10% > 15%

Would help with market place as well as get people using these stones more

What's max sockets? Something like 28 before bezel? May get away with Ignore Target Defence increases but think we would just be causing ourselves trouble if we increased other ones. It's a shame, but a flaw of a % based system

I made a post on this before but suggested a too high increase it seams. A small increase would go along way I feel and make these useless runes have value again.

Not sure how an extra 140% hp recovery would be op? If you commit to all hp recovery runes yes you will be tanky, but you will also hit like a little girl!

I know it would be a ball ache but if this Concept could be tested by a gm it would be amazing, the potential kit upgrades and boost to economy would be a great thing imo

Want to make a list of all the stats / runes and we can all take a look?

Leave it with me

- - - Updated - - -

Angelite Stone - undead damage +10 - not seen a single one of these ever used!
Unakite Stone - MDR 1% - again no one uses, should be 2%
Cirine stone - PD 1% - as above
Chrysocolla Stone Magic defence 1% - as above

Hp and mp regen stones - currently unused - try 2% I say BUT need to test how op some one with 30 on kit would be. However, I think you find they just the opposite to the glass cannon warriors with 1.8k dc

Leave it with me

- - - Updated - - -

Angelite Stone - undead damage +10 - not seen a single one of these ever used!
Unakite Stone - MDR 1% - again no one uses, should be 2%
Cirine stone - PD 1% - as above
Chrysocolla Stone Magic defence 1% - as above

Hp and mp regen stones - currently unused - try 2% I say BUT need to test how op some one with 30 on kit would be. However, I think you find they just the opposite to the glass cannon warriors with 1.8k dc

Personally I think the MD and PD stones could be useful but I get enough people asking for my advice on whether to use PA or DC because they can't do the maths (it's not as simple as just looking at your current DC and deciding if it's over 1000), I think simplifying it by making them into set amounts of MAC/AC. So instead of 1% as it is currently or an increase to 2%, make Chrysocolla 40-40 MAC and Citrine 40-40 AC and while it wouldn't necessarily be much of an improvement over the current 1% (would actually be less for most high level people) it would make it clearer for people to see exactly what they are getting.

- - - Updated - - -

Also my thoughts on the Angelite stone, this could be very useful as it is, i.e. you could build a really powerful "vs undead kit" and I think people would do it, if only it was clearer what mobs are actually undead. There's plenty that can neither be tamed or turned by wiz, which sometimes makes it hard to tell what such a kit would work well on and nobody is really that keen on investing significantly on an experiment to find out

Personally I think the MD and PD stones could be useful but I get enough people asking for my advice on whether to use PA or DC because they can't do the maths (it's not as simple as just looking at your current DC and deciding if it's over 1000), I think simplifying it by making them into set amounts of MAC/AC. So instead of 1% as it is currently or an increase to 2%, make Chrysocolla 40-40 MAC and Citrine 40-40 AC and while it wouldn't necessarily be much of an improvement over the current 1% (would actually be less for most high level people) it would make it clearer for people to see exactly what they are getting.

- - - Updated - - -

Also my thoughts on the Angelite stone, this could be very useful as it is, i.e. you could build a really powerful "vs undead kit" and I think people would do it, if only it was clearer what mobs are actually undead. There's plenty that can neither be tamed or turned by wiz, which sometimes makes it hard to tell what such a kit would work well on and nobody is really that keen on investing significantly on an experiment to find out

If they are useful, why in 7 years has no one bothered to build a kit with them?

The issue is on their own they are worthless, to make them a useful addition they would would have to be tuned to a lvl that makes a full kit of the op. It’s all about balence! Also he runes should be % based not set. There is no reason for a + 300 for all classes. Makes zero sense! EVERY hunt I go on, wizzes moan to taos for not casting meditation (or w/e the mp one is called) yet none of them use mp runes. Why don’t wizzies uses mo runes but warrs use go runes?

I can’t help but think there’s fear around aspects of the game becoming op! I say, make the changes and try! If it doesn’t work, tune it down. 2 people will moan cos they were op for week and the rest of the server will just carry on and be adults about it.

There’s massive opportunity here to keep player interest!

Back