Twin drake blade | The Legend of Mir

Twin drake blade

DarkStyle

Please look into the activating of bloodlust when using tdb.
It gets activated a lot more using fire thrust.
Well I don’t want to use fire thrust.
I built dark damage kit
Twin drake blade has extra damage spells for it (twin drake fire)
Why would I want to use fire thrust??
Please make firethrust and twin drake blade equally steal as much hp. U kill tdb by making it like this especially endgame.

It feels like bloodlust only procs on 1 of the 2 tdb hits. Annoying when fighting things with lots of hp than can 2 hit you on the odd occasion.

As with all warrior attacks the bloodlust procedure only applies to the main sword attack swing, not any additional attacks created by the skill. This has not changed since 2014 when bloodlust was added

I find bloodlust works really well on blazing sword and flaming sword, so when killing a boss with tdb I'll usually not use those skills until needed, means the boss takes a tiny bit longer but any time I take a hit I'll cast both of those and more often than not it brings me back up to mostly full HP. When I'm killing something with fire thrust I don't need to do it like that though, guess it's just a quirk of the way the skills work that can be easily managed once you understand what's going on, which I'm sure you do :)

As with all warrior attacks the bloodlust procedure only applies to the main sword attack swing, not any additional attacks created by the skill. This has not changed since 2014 when bloodlust was added

Yes but firethrust procs the bloodlust procedure a lot more often than tdb. Hugely noticeably different. Considering tdb and twin drake fire are expensive gg spells and firethrust is just a shop spell, I think they should proc the bloodlust procedure equally as often.

They do. 1 hit = 1 chance to proc, its all the same procedure, there is no rate adjustment

They do. 1 hit = 1 chance to proc, its all the same procedure, there is no rate adjustment

Please do some comparison checks. Firethrust regens a hell of a lot more than tdb.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not imagining this. I’ve said it a ton of times. Even warda has agreed in previous posts but it’s never been looked into.

Darkstyle is correct fire thurst procs bloodlust as much as x10 more than tdb its so noticable

I've always thought tdb does a lot less broodlust than other skills, I just assumed it was intentional. I'll try set up a test soon

I remember speaking with Dark about this a while back and I tested there with some quick tests and found FireThrust proc'ing a whole lot more than TDB during that one test. Initial reactions thought that yeah that was the case.

Little bit of background information before we get into it though, for anyone who might not know, Bloodlust only procs on successful hits. Bloodlust will only proc if your character is missing some health.

Just done some thorough testing now to be on the safe side. Contrary to what I found when talking with DarkStyle initially, I got the opposite this time and found TDB loved me more, hah.

Information:
I did 5 sets of tests overall.
Each test consists of 50 successful hits for each spell - that's 50 with TDB, and 50 with FireThrust against the same target.
The tests focus purely on the amount of times Bloodlust activates, NOT how much Health is regained (that is something completely separate, see below).

Here are the results:

Test 1:
TDB - 6
FireThrust - 9

Test 2:
TDB - 11
FireThrust - 6

Test 3:
TDB - 11
FireThrust - 7

Test 4:
TDB - 8
FireThrust - 5

Test 5:
TDB - 11
FireThrust - 11

Overall: 250 Hits
TDB: 47
FireThrust: 38
Total Bloodlust Activations: 85/250

-------------

I'm going to talk about the two things separately, more for educational purposes.

When talking about the amount of health being regenerated from a successful Bloodlust activation, there are many different factors that will influence how much health is regained. Remember that TDB hits twice, the first hit is what activates bloodlust and thus the health return is calculated based off the damage dealt from the first hit, not including the subsequent. FireThrust on the other hand doesn't have any followup.

testtdb.JPG . testft.JPG

As a very basic scenario, ignoring many of the other factors here: (I am really oversimplifying things here btw)
Let's say my damage output is always consistent. I.e. each hit will always deal the same amount of damage.
I hit a target with no resistances whatsoever with TDB - I deal 500 Damage overall. That output is 2 hits from TDB. So for this example, 250 per hit let's say.
I then hit the same target with FireThrust. I deal 500 Damage overall. One hit.
I'm more likely to regenerate more health with FireThrust because of the damage output from one hit (500) is more than TDB (250).
Then we throw in a target with quite a bit of AC, remember that TDB ignores 80% of that. Meanwhile, my DC etc. hasn't changed since the first target.
FireThrust is more than likely going to return less health now in comparison to TDB where the first hit that activated bloodlust ignored 80% of the target's AC.

Again, here I'm not talking about the amount of times it procs, only focusing on the health regain in this scenario. I oversimplified this to make it easier to explain, note this is not representative of exact values or outcomes.

There are many factors that can influence health gain and the mathematics behind it isn't quite so simple. Here are a few:

• Player DC
  • Player Element Damage
  • Player Skill Choice (i.e. What spell they used on the target - including the base damage output modified by player DC and elemental damage(s))
  • Player Critical Hit %
  • Player Critical Strike %
  • Player Skill Modifiers - I.e. Slaying / TwinDrakeFire etc.
  • ---> These influence damage output.
  • Target AC
  • Target Elemental Resistances
  • Target Health Remaining (if HP lower than bloodlust health return %, returns equivalent of remaining target health instead)
  • ---> These then counteract the above.

Then we can get silly and go into map modifiers, monster AI (defense buffs etc.) but we'll be here all year going through all the different outcomes.

I remember speaking with Dark about this a while back and I tested there with some quick tests and found FireThrust proc'ing a whole lot more than TDB during that one test. Initial reactions thought that yeah that was the case.

Little bit of background information before we get into it though, for anyone who might not know, Bloodlust only procs on successful hits. Bloodlust will only proc if your character is missing some health.

Just done some thorough testing now to be on the safe side. Contrary to what I found when talking with DarkStyle initially, I got the opposite this time and found TDB loved me more, hah.

Information:
I did 5 sets of tests overall.
Each test consists of 50 successful hits for each spell - that's 50 with TDB, and 50 with FireThrust against the same target.
The tests focus purely on the amount of times Bloodlust activates, NOT how much Health is regained (that is something completely separate, see below).

Here are the results:

Test 1:
TDB - 6
FireThrust - 9

Test 2:
TDB - 11
FireThrust - 6

Test 3:
TDB - 11
FireThrust - 7

Test 4:
TDB - 8
FireThrust - 5

Test 5:
TDB - 11
FireThrust - 11

Overall: 250 Hits
TDB: 47
FireThrust: 38
Total Bloodlust Activations: 85/250

-------------

I'm going to talk about the two things separately, more for educational purposes.

When talking about the amount of health being regenerated from a successful Bloodlust activation, there are many different factors that will influence how much health is regained. Remember that TDB hits twice, the first hit is what activates bloodlust and thus the health return is calculated based off the damage dealt from the first hit, not including the subsequent. FireThrust on the other hand doesn't have any followup.

View attachment 546 . View attachment 547

As a very basic scenario, ignoring many of the other factors here: (I am really oversimplifying things here btw)
Let's say my damage output is always consistent. I.e. each hit will always deal the same amount of damage.
I hit a target with no resistances whatsoever with TDB - I deal 500 Damage overall. That output is 2 hits from TDB. So for this example, 250 per hit let's say.
I then hit the same target with FireThrust. I deal 500 Damage overall. One hit.
I'm more likely to regenerate more health with FireThrust because of the damage output from one hit (500) is more than TDB (250).
Then we throw in a target with quite a bit of AC, remember that TDB ignores 80% of that. Meanwhile, my DC etc. hasn't changed since the first target.
FireThrust is more than likely going to return less health now in comparison to TDB where the first hit that activated bloodlust ignored 80% of the target's AC.

Again, here I'm not talking about the amount of times it procs, only focusing on the health regain in this scenario. I oversimplified this to make it easier to explain, note this is not representative of exact values or outcomes.

There are many factors that can influence health gain and the mathematics behind it isn't quite so simple. Here are a few:

• Player DC
  • Player Element Damage
  • Player Skill Choice (i.e. What spell they used on the target - including the base damage output modified by player DC and elemental damage(s))
  • Player Critical Hit %
  • Player Critical Strike %
  • Player Skill Modifiers - I.e. Slaying / TwinDrakeFire etc.
  • ---> These influence damage output.
  • Target AC
  • Target Elemental Resistances
  • Target Health Remaining (if HP lower than bloodlust health return %, returns equivalent of remaining target health instead)
  • ---> These then counteract the above.

Then we can get silly and go into map modifiers, monster AI (defense buffs etc.) but we'll be here all year going through all the different outcomes.

Thanks for this in depth reply. Now I understand.
Is it possible to make bloodlust prob on both tdb hits? Seems like a bit of a confusion with the old magic shield issue. Only one tdb slash was supposed to cut through magic shield and that’s been abolished in Arcadia and now only one slash is stealing hp. Some mobs are more resistant to fire making firethrust not useable in these scenarios. I think it would be a fair fix to make both tdb slashes proc bloodlust.

Has anything changed with bloodlust recently? I've really noticed this week during event that is sucks and last time I played warr was around the time it was properly broken. I can stand 1v1 against a mob using TDB/Fire sword etc and recover about a 3rd of my HP every 10-12 swipes (rough estimate) it used to be a lot better than this???? ( oh and im still using the same kit so nothing on my char has changed)

Has anything changed with bloodlust recently? I've really noticed this week during event that is sucks and last time I played warr was around the time it was properly broken. I can stand 1v1 against a mob using TDB/Fire sword etc and recover about a 3rd of my HP every 10-12 swipes (rough estimate) it used to be a lot better than this???? ( oh and im still using the same kit so nothing on my char has changed)

If you read Warda explanation you will find your answer. Event mobs will have different stats and attributes to the mobs u normally hunt. Might only be a little here and there but it all adds up.

If it’s not event mobs ur hunting (them ur mad) but it could be that you have made a change or 2 in your kit (probs for more dc or something) and not realised you have dropped another stat just enough to make a noticeable difference to ur proc on bs

Wars are broken class mate , Dno why u can’t see this , wizz server. Pdr cop and bloodstorm , wars got ............... tdb which doesn’t work 😂 good going sir. Plz tell me which skill is meant to hurt a wizz with pdr ?????? Where one cop pretty much revs most wars 😂 laughable tbh war class is surplus to requirements.

Wars are broken class mate , Dno why u can’t see this , wizz server. Pdr cop and bloodstorm , wars got ............... tdb which doesn’t work �� good going sir. Plz tell me which skill is meant to hurt a wizz with pdr ?????? Where one cop pretty much revs most wars �� laughable tbh war class is surplus to requirements.

With 2k MC I would still take 2 or 3 COP to rev you. Show me a wiz who can pretty much rev you with 1 COP while wearing PDR kit.

This is a massively warrior orientated server. My lvl 155 warrior can kill bosses as fast as my wiz. That's just pointless.

With 2k MC I would still take 2 or 3 COP to rev you. Show me a wiz who can pretty much rev you with 1 COP while wearing PDR kit.

This is a massively warrior orientated server. My lvl 155 warrior can kill bosses as fast as my wiz. That's just pointless.

No way is it a war orientated server , wizz can kills bosses warriors can’t nagalord for example , em being another. So yea we kill bosses like bile and sin faster that’s it lol however when it comes to fighting a wizz with a pdr kit on u can’t even hurt him, the wizz slows then cops u twice and it’s game over before the war has even taken 10% of the wizz health , that my friend is broken no way shud a wizz be able stand toe to toe with a burst class and actually win 😂

No way is it a war orientated server , wizz can kills bosses warriors can’t nagalord for example , em being another. So yea we kill bosses like bile and sin faster that’s it lol however when it comes to fighting a wizz with a pdr kit on u can’t even hurt him, the wizz slows then cops u twice and it’s game over before the war has even taken 10% of the wizz health , that my friend is broken no way shud a wizz be able stand toe to toe with a burst class and actually win ��

Dragons killed EM yesterday without a wiz, 2 warrs and 2 taos

Taos kill NL way faster and easier than a wiz

But nobody moaning about taos being OP?

There are ways to hurt wiz with max PDR, plenty people have figured it out. I'll gladly demonstrate how little damage I do to you in my PDR kit if you wish.

IMO server is well balanced now
warriors can kill all bosses fast enough
wizards can do almost as fast if they use pets
taos can kill bosses higher than their level - they are the slowest but I think the advantage to kill any boss makes the equation even
EM NL TK LOKI are group hunt bosses u cant cry because 1 class can't do them
and tbh I agree with zade on wizard with PDR kit can't 1 CoP but it wont be easy to deal damage to them, if a wizard choses to go for full power kit they can 1 CoP warrior but also will get 1-2 hits rev
and to be fair to all chenghan and I tested his FR kit today CoP barely effect him and he still had like 1.5k DC
to sum it up chose ur kit wisely tank or damage dealer or balance both sides its ur choice and I hope all classes can enjoy playing and stop crying

Last edited:
Dragons killed EM yesterday without a wiz, 2 warrs and 2 taos

Taos kill NL way faster and easier than a wiz

But nobody moaning about taos being OP?

There are ways to hurt wiz with max PDR, plenty people have figured it out. I'll gladly demonstrate how little damage I do to you in my PDR kit if you wish.

I think a big problem is the ridiculous respawn times. Tk loki and king obould should all be every 4 hours.
I mean look at Gruumsh, I stopped hunting there and it ain’t spawned for 2 weeks

Back