Taoist Suggestions / Imrpovemetns (From FB Post by Paranoid) | The Legend of Mir

Taoist Suggestions / Imrpovemetns (From FB Post by Paranoid)

Hiren

Just thought I would list the some of the suggestion you asked for Andy

If I miss any please free to add /+ views

1. Energy Shield to have 25% PDR as it does MDR - so we can use DV more effectively in a lure

2. Taoist pets to match level of Taoist - currently I am level 178. My Elemental is 176 (-2) Skeleton 177 (-1) Shinsu 177 (-1). I try out level a few warriors to make it easier whilst PVP but sucks when you out level them but they can still LR your pets. Which you kind of need to slow them down so you can get a boreal off to slow them.

3. Cast speed of spells to be improved

4. Dark Damage Resist Spell

5. Taoist pets - attack mode. Shinsu - has 2 - 5 second lag of standing around before attacking.
5.1 I think attack / walk speed between - Aggressive to other modes is faster / e.g. compared to assit - will test more

6. Do not see much value for last 3 Taoist skills that help in PVP - Holy Shock / Fire / Ice

Last edited:
PDR on shield would be dope , would make DV useful again , however i think them both on 1 shield might be a bit iffy , excuse for a new spell tho maybe.

I think your shinsu (and other pets) is struggling because of Holyshock/fire/freeze and because of attack mode of the pets, with those holy spells up your pets will bounce around the room specifically hitting the last mob that your holy spell hit including w/e mob you could be hitting causing it to just stand there deciding what to hit. Ive recently started not even bothering activating the holy spells to avoid this issue which kinda sucks..

As for tao pets being 1 lvl lower than the caster, its been this way as long as i remember and i really dont see much of an issue but making them the same lvl as yourself would certainly make life easier .

The last 5 skills for tao have not really had any effect on pvp , ofc holy spells are pve only and thats fine imo, but toxic gas does more 1st hit damage and more poison damage than zombie charger which seems abit odd i would of thought it would be the other way round.

Also - Let us REPENT :)

Last edited:
I suppose the level -1 was when repulse only worked on monsters below your level. Would be annoying to not be able to move pets around

I suppose the level -1 was when repulse only worked on monsters below your level. Would be annoying to not be able to move pets around

Got you - that makes sense. I normally tend to re-cast spell facing in a different direction

if taos get a PDR shield as well now,i cant wait for a protection field buff,that spell legit trash.

ill go as far as agreeing to 10% pdr increase with shields for taoists.. anything more than that, classes pvp will get too unbalanced

DO NOT TOUCH MDR!! I don’t want Fykin wiz 1 hit COP me..... if anythigg by make shinsu slightly more smart at moment shinsu is stupid and dumb moving like some handicap.

I haven't played much of the other classes but I think Taos are a harder class to level. Very slow progress through caves. Can only handle a few mobs at a time.

I think the maps play a large role in this. Small thin paths Taos can't lure and can't find space to heal so have to kill very small lures. Also pets can get stuck on other side of wall on these maps so instead of healing etc you have to slowly summon all 3 pets separately

Orc city 4f and zt 5f are very similar. Other classes my level seam to enjoy these caves solo. For myself and other Taos I've spoken with it's just not worth going solo

Only 5 taos in top 25 players.

Tao lvling is boring solo. It needs looking at imo

Agree its very boring - I don't use exp pots because I kill to slow to even think its worth it

If I really get desperate and want to level solo best place is PB KR but usually I hunt ZT with a group.

- - - Updated - - -

One that I find which needs changing does not affect much can HPR / MPR buffs be same duration as Fire and Cold Resist?

Agree its very boring - I don't use exp pots because I kill to slow to even think its worth it

If I really get desperate and want to level solo best place is PB KR but usually I hunt ZT with a group.

- - - Updated - - -

One that I find which needs changing does not affect much can HPR / MPR buffs be same duration as Fire and Cold Resist?

It would be handy if the HPR/MPR buffs lasted longer but I quite like how short they are cos it keeps everyone on their toes. I think it adds an element of urgency/danger having it so short, especially in large fights

Nerf toxic gas.

Either increase stun from dv and adjust the cool down or add pdr to shield so taos can actually stand in a lure.

Offensively in pvp taos are really strong! Just lack physical defence hence they suck for solo leveling.

Nerf toxic gas.

Either increase stun from dv and adjust the cool down or add pdr to shield so taos can actually stand in a lure.

Offensively in pvp taos are really strong! Just lack physical defence hence they suck for solo leveling.

Oh look it's nerd crying about psn. How original.

Toxic gas is properly too strong in pvp but it was changed without anything else added taos would be literally useless in pvp, lower res and psn is all taos are good for at least until a warrior decides he's had enough and it's time for you to leave.

Back