Tamed pet timers & log off rule | The Legend of Mir

Tamed pet timers & log off rule

UnKnownAngel

Leading Contributor
My proposed solution to resolve overpowered pets being used for days, let me know what you think!

Pets that are obtained through a weekly Event on Tuesdays (with a 2 hour window to tame) are a really good thing for wizards to be able to use. However being used during a war on a Wednesday evening has sparked a debate.
To balance things up a little without affecting players who unfortunately lose connection.
- Reduce the time pets stay with you after logging down to 1 hour, giving players plenty of time to sort their connection issues and log back in, or go take a shower or whatever.

- Remove the ability to re-tame a pet when its timer is reduced, or to re-tame a pet that has become un-tamed.

- Max the timer limit per pet to 4 hours giving people time to tame pets and use a dura pot and a torch to hunt for the full 3 hours too.

If players are on for the event on Tuesdays and there is a war on Tuesday night then that's great, you've earnt your reward now go and have some fun.

If that was the case doesn't it give a massive advantage to players who are able to get home in time for the event?

Since the tuesday challenge was created I've only been twice. The first time I went I got 5 pets and managed to keep them for a week. Annoyingly on Tuesday immediately after challenge finished I forgot to retame them and lost 2, then last night lost another 1 so decided to let the remaining 2 untame in bile rooms just for a giggle.

No idea when I'll be able to get back to the challenge to get more, so by doing this you're just passing a big advantage to anyone who is able to be ingame on a tuesday evening, doesn't that just create even less fairness?

If you want a war without the pets, schedule your declaration so the war is on a monday night, then you have a week to hunt down the wizzies and kill their hulks :p

Keep them as they are, nothing wrong with them or the taming thing apart from there dmg in pvp, just code hulks to do less dmg in pvp

Keep them as they are, nothing wrong with them or the taming thing apart from there dmg in pvp, just code hulks to do less dmg in pvp

Yeah, I think they already do reduced damage in pvp, maybe that setting just needs turned up a bit more

Since the tuesday challenge was created I've only been twice. The first time I went I got 5 pets and managed to keep them for a week. Annoyingly on Tuesday immediately after challenge finished I forgot to retame them and lost 2, then last night lost another 1 so decided to let the remaining 2 untame in bile rooms just for a giggle.

If you want a war without the pets, schedule your declaration so the war is on a monday night, then you gave a week.......

I am failing to understand your point here but you are proving mine very well, you had 3 pets, for 8 days. By just retaming them & logging in with them, where's the fairness in that? Book a war for a monday, so I can spend all week tracking down wiz pets you've got to be having a laugh surely.

I am failing to understand your point here but you are proving mine very well, you had 3 pets, for 8 days. By just retaming them & logging in with them, where's the fairness in that? Book a war for a monday, so I can spend all week tracking down wiz pets you've got to be having a laugh surely.

I had 5 pets for 7 days, why's that a problem? You any idea how stressful it is keeping them alive lol. Once they are dead they are dead, it's not like they are arcamon or tao pets that can just be respawned with a button press

I had 5 pets for 7 days, why's that a problem? You any idea how stressful it is keeping them alive lol. Once they are dead they are dead, it's not like they are arcamon or tao pets that can just be respawned with a button press

The problem is the fact you had 5 pets for 7 days. The event is on a Tuesday, and you managed to keep them until the following Tuesday.
There is no need for this to be in game what so ever, especially now seems how powerful the Tuesday event pets are, so keeping them for 7 days is a problem for anyone who isn't a wizard, as difficult as that might be for you to understand.
Tao pets respawn at a lower level with lower hp, my point is also about those being kept at level 7 for days, it take 1 hour to level them there is no need for them to be kept for a day or however long it is after logging off.
Arcamon are nowhere near as strong as the pets we are talking about, but if they were, they are obtainable by every one and every class anyway so they aren't relevant in this discussion.

The problem is the fact you had 5 pets for 7 days. The event is on a Tuesday, and you managed to keep them until the following Tuesday.
There is no need for this to be in game what so ever, especially now seems how powerful the Tuesday event pets are, so keeping them for 7 days is a problem for anyone who isn't a wizard, as difficult as that might be for you to understand.
Tao pets respawn at a lower level with lower hp, my point is also about those being kept at level 7 for days, it take 1 hour to level them there is no need for them to be kept for a day or however long it is after logging off.
Arcamon are nowhere near as strong as the pets we are talking about, but if they were, they are obtainable by every one and every class anyway so they aren't relevant in this discussion.

You're under the misconception that keeping them alive is easy. Keeping pets alive gives wizards an advantage but also gives them huge new challenges and requires a very different type of play. I consider myself a skilled player and managed to keep them for 7 days, after which time I had lost 3 of them. Today is Friday, how many wizards do you see who still have these pets? Maybe 1 or 2. One death and they're done, till at least next tuesday but in many cases much longer. That's difficult to deal with for a squishy wiz so you need to play very defensively.

And you also consider that they aren't quite as OP as you suggest. I took 5 of them plus khazard to 4Tails and barely managed to keep them alive. By the time 4T was dead, 4 of the hulks were 1 hit away from death. Now consider a warrior of the same level as me and equivalent kit, would be able to solo 4Tails easily and in 1/4 of the time it takes me, tell me how they are OP?

That is actually insane. You kept 4 pets against 4 tails with no ways of healing them. Purely just on their para, healthpool and DC, 4tails 1 hit revs most warriors so they will probably have to relog once or twice during the fight, your pets just hammered it by the sounds of it!
I'm a warrior, your a wizard. This debate would go on forever wouldnt it, I have no issue with you or the pets , just how long they can be kept for

It’s all good as it is. Thanks

I take it you're a wiz then. I saw inglrl (what ever that wizz named is) with 5 Slimeman pets yesterday rofl. The event is on Tuesdays and this was now Saturday night! The only people who are thinking that this is ok all have one thing in common, they play wizards.
It's clearly an imbalance and is a joke.

Yeah you would lol.
An hour is no problem always annoying if you dc after lvling pets or taming
No need to be able to keep them for days or weeks though

even keeping them for an hour while logged off is insane, just make a macro that would log u in once every 55mins and log you back out after 5seconds who still be able to keep pets for over a week

even keeping them for an hour while logged off is insane, just make a macro that would log u in once every 55mins and log you back out after 5seconds who still be able to keep pets for over a week

You are right mate there is a loophole in any case... I was just trying to suggest a fair middle ground but to no avail as this thread or suggestion has not even been acknowledged by the big man himself.

I take it you're a wiz then. I saw inglrl (what ever that wizz named is) with 5 Slimeman pets yesterday rofl. The event is on Tuesdays and this was now Saturday night! The only people who are thinking that this is ok all have one thing in common, they play wizards.
It's clearly an imbalance and is a joke.
mainly Warrior, part time wizard and sometimes Taoist. Been very nice to you in game for very long time, didn’t realize you were bond.

It's a nice idea but I think things start to get over-complicated.
If this was a problem that needed resolving then the best method would be to restrict them to 1 tame per player like some other mobs are. Although I am not at that point yet..

Back