Suspicious heroes quest completion rate | The Legend of Mir

Suspicious heroes quest completion rate

zad48231

Leading Contributor
I'm not really sure what's going on here in all honesty. Someone highlighted to me last week that there seems to be a lot of characters completing the heroes quest (you see the server-wide announcement on completion)

Since then I've been paying attention to it and right enough, every single day there's at least one or two groups of characters complete the quest

I find it extremely hard to believe there are that many new players consistently joining the server, if they were genuinely new players they would be running around BW looking for NPCs and books and kit and asking newbie-type questions and that simply isn't happening on any scale that is consistent with how many people are completing the heroes quest

If it's a single player or small group of players doing this on many characters, there must be some reason, it's not a particularly fun challenge, something iffy is going on

I'd encourage GM to please cast your eye over how many characters have recently completed the quest in the last few weeks and see if there's any other pattern in their behaviour. I don't know what's going on but my gut is usually right on things like this, and my gut here is telling me someone's up to something

I’ve noticed a fair few doing it, only advantage I can really think of is people levelling storage chars so they can sell stuff in heroes, or people creating new chars to get the buffs on their accounts, I could be wrong though, I’m now pretty intrigued truth be told as to why lol

It took like 50K gold do get 2 mill XP on halloween event. That gets you from lvl 1 to 106, so I have a few store chars at that level.
When I did heroes quest on one of my main characters, I just popped in two store chars as I could not find anyone to do it with.
I did do it once with actual players, its way faster, if you can find players who need it. But I did it weeks ago, not sure about whats going on now, but getting access to noob chars that are eligible for the heroes quest is quite easy.

It took like 50K gold do get 2 mill XP on halloween event. That gets you from lvl 1 to 106, so I have a few store chars at that level.
When I did heroes quest on one of my main characters, I just popped in two store chars as I could not find anyone to do it with.
I did do it once with actual players, its way faster, if you can find players who need it. But I did it weeks ago, not sure about whats going on now, but getting access to noob chars that are eligible for the heroes quest is quite easy.
Yeah we know that (that’s how I did mine about 3 years ago lol), I think zades point was the amount it’s being done doesn’t match up to the amount of new players we’re seeing in game, in the past people have found little bugs etc that make these noob quests more helpful than they’re designed to be, I think that’s what he’s concerned about mate

I've been helping quiet a few new players on and off and a bit of them ended up in guilds like thedragons and mirfamily. About 10 or so in the last 2 to 3 weeks, finding books answering nooby questions in border while I sort through storage characters from Christmas.

Liverboi, snow black are a few I can drunkenly think of ive helped get books in last 2 days.

Kingzyon is the ldr of thedragons and snowdust is leader if mirfamily.

Maybe whisper them and ask what their recruitment is like.

Last edited:
Kingzyonn has played longer than I have, he's been level 140 for about 2 years. Makes a new guild, recruits a bunch of people, stands in sz for a couple of weeks then quits and the guild will wither away to nothing. In a couple of months he will come back and make another new guild and repeat

I've seen a lot of new players joining, spoke to quite a few of them, guys like myself returning to game after 20 years.

Could be people making Alt accounts but a lot of new guys in the newb Bichon guild.

Back