Streaming | The Legend of Mir

Streaming

A few players have tried it, but most folk are more keen to get involved in the action rather than watching a stream so they tend not to pick up much popularity

Plus there's the unfortunate element of negative comments, anyone streaming will most likely get disheartened by anonymous comments criticising their abilities at the game.

I'd be keen to get involved with streaming, I have streamed in other games and had a lot of fun engaging with others, but for the reasons above I wouldn't be happy doing so here

I'd watch a stream if somebody was doing one. I really enjoy Arcadia, it's easily my favourite server ever. I just unfortunately don't have the hours to pour into it like I used to. So watching somebody else do high level content and hunts would entertain my nostalgia.

I agree people do write negative things but a viewer is still a viewer, right? That's how you make money in that world after all.

I understand your point @zad48231.

I’ve streamed other games and have thought about whether to start streaming LoM. However, I don’t feel I’m high enough level to show what would be ‘good’ content (Caves, bosses etc)

Negative comments are part and parcel of it though. I’m sure there are settings where you can turn comments off as well.

It was only a thought. I enjoy the game and am certain others would if they were exposed to it.

I’ve streamed other games and have thought about whether to start streaming LoM. However, I don’t feel I’m high enough level to show what would be ‘good’ content (Caves, bosses etc)

Negative comments are part and parcel of it though. I’m sure there are settings where you can turn comments off as well.

It was only a thought. I enjoy the game and am certain others would if they were exposed to it.
You should go for it mate, documenting your journey would be cool!

You might be underestimating the value of sharing lower level experiences

A lot of people seem to be under the impression that you can only have fun when your have 'caught up' and can compete at the highest levels, but that's absolutely untrue

There are huge amounts of fun to be had engaging in lower level content. The amount of options are staggering, but people ruin it for themselves by getting carried and rushing to the endgame when there's simply no need

The exploration, adventure, and learning process is a huge part of games like this and as unknownangel says, it might be a breath of fresh air for a newer player to document their journey like this

I'm in agreement with the others here, don't feel discouraged that you're not "up there". It's no secret I played as a wizard amongst the other players at one point organising lower level guild hunts, and they were arguably some of the most fun times we've had. We had good banter, plenty of laughs and made some of the content that most would just hit the same F key over to breeze through look like a mountain to climb, and we sure as hell had a fun time doing it too! Even the solo runs, I've always enjoyed Taoist and carving my way up the chain (albeit very slowly compared to the majority) was always a blast. At least in my opinion ha

Back