Spell casting | The Legend of Mir

Spell casting

wicksey

Can't seem to cast skill spells while running. Is it me or always been like this?
Also having issues with opening storage bag. Items not showing, have to reopen a few times to make it work.
Best wishes
ToaLoaf

Can't seem to cast skill spells while running. Is it me or always been like this?
Also having issues with opening storage bag. Items not showing, have to reopen a few times to make it work.
Best wishes
ToaLoaf

I haven't noticed any problems with spell casting. The storage thing is really annoying though :)

Best wishes
ToaLoaf

The new mechanics in the latest improvements have changed this as I have noticed myself I used to hold shift while running to cast skills but this isnt possible now as soon as you hold shift it stops you running. I am adapting to this now but yeah was a bitch when first noticed.

The new mechanics in the latest improvements have changed this as I have noticed myself I used to hold shift while running to cast skills but this isnt possible now as soon as you hold shift it stops you running. I am adapting to this now but yeah was a bitch when first noticed.

Hmmm I see. That might be why I never noticed it, as most of the spells I would cast while running are just on F keys not shift or ctrl rows. Saves me having to press too many things at once and lets me be more reactive. I'll try doing it with a shift button and see, keen to understand the issue. Thanks!

In the last update the priority was changed so that right click allows you to run away from a target while engaged (ie left click you run to target then right click you run away), until you press shift then you will run towards the target again.. allowing more control over hit and run attacks

In addition, F keys will now (when a skill is ready to cast) prevent you from running the next step and cast the skill first. Previously there was a battle between running and casting the skill and it appeared to randomly do one of the two so you never had full control over casting the skill.

The problem you are describing sounds like the old way it was done, are you up to date?

First time i logged on today since before mechanics update and i now experience the same as wicksey as soon as i press shift i stop running and stand still before i've even pressed the F key my skills assigned too. this didnt happen before the update.

I noticed this with my translocate skill its assigned to shift +F2, but as soon as i press/hold shift i stop running and stand still before i've even pressed F2. This gives mobs/players time to catch me

If it's a shift thing then that's essentially how it works. The problem is that shift was meant as a pvp button for warriors, which is also why they don't have the shift skill bar. It doesn't work for them the same way this doesn't work for you. I will see if there's any mods I can make but it may just end up chasing a rabbit down a hole

Back