Speaking to a GM | The Legend of Mir

Speaking to a GM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Im not usualy one for posting or moaning when ive made a mistake

This is my first post and would only really do so to try gain contact with a GM to discuss a problem with accidentally purchasing the wrong skill off of the GG list.

No huge rush but would be nice to just see what i can do about this if anything

Cheers

/Amelexia

You can contact us at the bottom of this page. Shouldn't be a problem as long as it was a recent purchase and you still have the book!

You can contact us at the bottom of this page. Shouldn't be a problem as long as it was a recent purchase and you still have the book!

Hi,

Sorry i can see the Contact us part now i apologise, Didnt see this before

The issue is ive never played a high rate server before so all these skills are brand new to me.

I wanted the skill Arctic blast and from the description i thought this was armeggdon.

I already have firestorm and this to look seems a very similar skill when i orignally wanted one that caused Slow

So i used the book but i purchased it no longer than an hour ago and if i wasn't such a nub and knew the skills this wouldnt be an issue haha..

Last edited:
Excuse me if I'm butting in a bit here.. the issue you have here is that you have already consumed the book.

Just for example: You go and buy a kit kat, and of course you eat it, you then realise that it wasn't the peanut butter one you were supposed to get and so you turn back up with the receipt asking for an exchange. Only that because you have consumed it, you no longer have anything to exchange with on your side of the deal... Do you see the issue here?

Congrats on Armageddon, it's not a bad skill! Definitely better than FireStorm as it is supposed to be.

Last edited:
Yo, This isn't really a discussion, its something i tried to contact a GM about :)

Any issues direct them to the relevant person I.e- Not myself

ta lad

You failed not once, but twice here... Armageddon looks a little bit different to ArcticBlast, you failed to notice this on two occasions lol... Armageddon is a lot more useful to a wiz than ArcticBlast especially at the lower-mid lvl's... Arctic only really useful in PK or bossing with a group.

You failed not once, but twice here... Armageddon looks a little bit different to ArcticBlast, you failed to notice this on two occasions lol... Armageddon is a lot more useful to a wiz than ArcticBlast especially at the lower-mid lvl's... Arctic only really useful in PK or bossing with a group.

I must be failing a third time, as i dont get your point either.

:)

Layman's terms, you fucked up, deal with it. First mistake buying wrong book ok no probs, but then continuing to use the spell when it's spelt completely different is on you, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm also sure it says "are you sure you wish to learn the spell Armageddon" with a yes no box so that means a third time u failed to notice. Just stick with the spell and either hunt or buy Arctic. Both will come in very handy for you.

Layman's terms, you fucked up, deal with it. First mistake buying wrong book ok no probs, but then continuing to use the spell when it's spelt completely different is on you, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm also sure it says "are you sure you wish to learn the spell Armageddon" with a yes no box so that means a third time u failed to notice. Just stick with the spell and either hunt or buy Arctic. Both will come in very handy for you.

Holy shit I agree with you on something.

Bear with me, just gonna bounce by hell with some de-icer

I dunno really what you get out of these sorts of replies, as in does it give you some gratification for generally being an arse or? Cause it just seems a bit embarrassing for yourself to present yourself in this sort of way- and thats coming from someone who has made a stupid mistake!

Yep, everything youve said is obviously true and theres no issues round it, other than i don't really get the two pence put in by you is supposed to achieve, as this is surely down to the GM to tell me this information, and if he tells me what a prick i am for not only not knowing what the spell is, and then going ahead using it, then yeah sound no problem.

However see it from my point of view, i wanted a still that slows, it says fire and ice, so i presumed it was that skill, bought it, used it once and went sh** thats not the skill i meant to get, I will speak to the GM see what he can do ( if anything ) for me.

Had i seen a Contact button in first place, wouldn't of given a platform for pointless trash like you to comment on, Cheers again for your advise and partaking in something that no one concerned you in, Must lead a for-filing life.

Last edited:
I dunno really what you get out of these sorts of replies, as in does it give you some gratification for generally being an arse or? Cause it just seems a bit embarrassing for yourself to present yourself in this sort of way- and thats coming from someone who has made a stupid mistake!

Yep, everything youve said is obviously true and theres no issues round it, other than i don't really get the two pence put in by you is supposed to achieve, as this is surely down to the GM to tell me this information, and if he tells me what a prick i am for not only not knowing what the spell is, and then going ahead using it, then yeah sound no problem.

However see it from my point of view, i wanted a still that slows, it says fire and ice, so i presumed it was that skill, bought it, used it once and went sh** thats not the skill i meant to get, I will speak to the GM see what he can do ( if anything ) for me.

Had i seen a Contact button in first place, wouldn't of given a platform for pointless trash like you to comment on, Cheers again for your advise and partaking in something that no one concerned you in, Must lead a for-filing life.

This is a team game, you can get so far solo but to be generally successful things do need to be done as a group. You've been here five minutes and seem to have made it your mission to be abrupt and abrasive to everyone who's commented here, including the leaders of two of the biggest guilds on the server. If that's how you are going to be with everyone then I suspect your time here will be a difficult one

Hold on, are we reading the same post?

I've put it quite clearly in the beginning post that im seeking to speak to the GM , that was the purpose of this post, Since then i wanted to see if the GM had received my query via personal inbox, that is all. Advise is welcome, Being advised ive " fucked up" and to " deal with it " is not really something i'm here for, I know that already, and ive no issues with admitting that.

If ive been adrupt or abrasive to everyone thats comment, than what would you say the comments originally are, Nice and helpful? :')

- - - Updated - - -

Childs post, albeit was not said in a rude tone- nor mannor, I appriciate him trying to put a polite twist on it, but was un-needed as everything mentioned is something youd tell your 10 year old when explaining the importance and value of money...

That other guys post, i dunno, maybe he just hates on people making stupid mistakes and politely asking if theres anything that can be done. That is all my purpose was.

Not here to offend anyone,

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

This was supposed to read, Pointless trash like your comment*

I'll be honest, you wouldn't of got the response from me the way you did had you not got shirty with Child in the beginning... I don't get why people think the GM can fix every stupid mistake, Andy must be banging his head against the wall with some of the shite that's come on the forum recently. I was merely pointing out you fucked up, on 3 occasions, Andy is a GM not a miracle worker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back