Some sort of Rogue Apprentice NPC | The Legend of Mir

Some sort of Rogue Apprentice NPC

C289

Hey,

I was thinking you could put a NPC hidden out of town somewhere, he was learning his trade then stole off his bosses and ran away into the woods.

The service he offers is that he can remove runes from items and he can turn amulets in to Essences. The only problem is he never finished his apprentice and is a wee prick. He can be a bit pricey and only have 50% success rate.

I always feel a little bit disappointed selling 6* amulets to shop cos they useless, I'd rather have 50% chance of getting essence. You would probably need to clear traders of amulets before this happened just to keep things fair though?

Amulets to Esse is a great idea (at correct rate)

Taking runes off items....... I am in the no go camp! The ONLY reason you would want this, is you has mistakenly put runes on an endgame item or OP HC craft. In which case, learn from ur mistake. The players with these items should know better, and the drunken mistakes we all make should benefit noob players at a later date

Taking runes off items....... I am in the no go camp! The ONLY reason you would want this, is you has mistakenly put runes on an endgame item or OP HC craft. In which case, learn from ur mistake. The players with these items should know better, and the drunken mistakes we all make should benefit noob players at a later date

I shall agree with you on this.

I believe you should get all runes back if you salvage the item in question, it deals with the issue of over saturation of amazing items which is why scorp doesn't want us to be able to remove them in the 1st place and it saves 1000gg every time you want to rune out a new armour piece.

At 2million a salvage and with only 25% chance of your stones being returned? Or something like an XL breaks and you get two M back sometimes?

It's just when people are trying to re-craft their Jewellery. For example a Celest Ring for tao and the re-craft turns out to be an amazing warrior ring but it already has 10SC stone on it. Great item is now pointless and requires another re-craft. Even if the stone broke the ring could at least be used on their warrior?

im in the yes camp, what if you wish to use incorrectly socketed item on a 2nd character, but stats are different say change ice to fire runes. better than having to buy items over again

I love the idea of being able to salvage gear to get your runes back. Your losing a potentially 1 of a kind item, or something you screwed up.

A different idea is to charge a % of what it costed to socket the item. If you spend 200m on sockets and lose the item, spending a bit isn't unfair. Say 20% of total socket cost. Seems logical.

Removing sockets will never happen, GM already stated that before.

The reason is, if it was possible, it would destroy the market of decent lower level kit. These 'mistake' items that people put wrong sockets on, or old items that were nicely socketed when they were considered high level but are now considered low level, these kinds of items are the lifeblood of the "noob economy". If we were given the ability to remove sockets, these items would be hoovered up off the market by the richest people, and everyone below 160 would have to hunt in shop kit

It sucks though because those items never make it onto AH. When they do their overpriced because people want to get back what they put into it. I have my eye on 2 braces and a ring right now but the owner refuses to budge or make a deal. It was even harder when I was lower level.

It sucks though because those items never make it onto AH. When they do their overpriced because people want to get back what they put into it. I have my eye on 2 braces and a ring right now but the owner refuses to budge or make a deal. It was even harder when I was lower level.

Your current issue I admit is all to common, there's plenty people who fail to understand that how much it cost to make something is irrelevant to it's value, the actual value of an item is purely based on supply and demand.

Plenty times I've spent thousands of gg making something that was amazing at the time, used in for a bit then outgrown it and been unable to sell for more than a few hundred, it's a horrible feeling that some people won't accept.

Your point about these items never hitting AH I'd say is inaccurate. They certainly aren't massively common, but it's certainly possible to kit out a char with such items if you're patient and watch AH closely (and have a reasonable budget of course)

The more I think about it the more I like the idea about salvaging stones for essence

Your current issue I admit is all to common, there's plenty people who fail to understand that how much it cost to make something is irrelevant to it's value, the actual value of an item is purely based on supply and demand.

Plenty times I've spent thousands of gg making something that was amazing at the time, used in for a bit then outgrown it and been unable to sell for more than a few hundred, it's a horrible feeling that some people won't accept.

Your point about these items never hitting AH I'd say is inaccurate. They certainly aren't massively common, but it's certainly possible to kit out a char with such items if you're patient and watch AH closely (and have a reasonable budget of course)

I have decent 10% dd and 6%dd braces at the moment. I've had a hard time finding any decent imperius, mighty imperius, annihilation braces or even holy braces at a decent price. The last pair I wanted ended up getting pulled without seeing anyone wearing them in-game.

Currently the market is getting more dry by the day. Always loads of wizzys stuff but war stuff stays out of circulation or gets sold for insane prices.

Always loads of wizzys stuff but war stuff stays out of circulation or gets sold for insane prices.
again I think that's just down to supply and demand. There are way more warriors than any other class, so getting hold of good items is more competitive and that pushes prices up

warrior stuff has always been the cream of the crop , i remember PA/DC runes going for close to 1k gg and any good warrior item will be pushin that same price tag. Taoists always been the cheapest class to kit coz no ones wants to play em lmao.

But on point having a stone salvager would be awesome for all the useless high star stones that end up in the tm , making this new NPC expensive+unsuccessful wouldnt bring in a overflow of essences too as it would cost to dear to salvage a 4* stone for a CHANCE at a essence

Last edited:
Back