Socket Removal Feature | The Legend of Mir

Socket Removal Feature

I think having an NPC in game that offers a “special “ service that removes sockets from an item would be a nice feature.

I’ve seen people in game that have added low quality runes to top end gear like HC armour/Weps . And later On regretting it
The item loses its value . Or another example if someone adds runes to an item and upgrades OP stats for another class then removing the other runes would be beneficial too . Socket removal should come at a high cost so it is only used if absolutely needed . Just a thought .

Nice idea also cant see it happening, however would be a good way to sink some GP 2000gp per retrieval say.

Don’t know if this was an intentional long term change but if expire dates where to be removed this wouldn’t be able to happen till late summer to clear all the event runes. Would be nice to get a GM comment, if expire date are here to stay or not, allow ppl to at least plan a little with what ever stock they have

Socket npcs actually say “ I can add sockets to ur items but I haven’t learned how to remove them yet. I hope to learn some day”.

I think if u was able to “re-drill” runes out of items and they dissapear is the only way that could work. You want a rune out of a item, You drill it you lose that rune. I think that’s fair. And a better way of regulating the rune market than making them expire.

Sometimes 1fury rune can take me 2-3months of collecting Nef runes. I really really hate expiring runes. So Chinese of you. Sucks :( so many runes are now gonna expire. As if they wasn’t enough of a cunt to Collect before.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone ever notice that rune prices in the market are actually dictated by the gm aswell. The way he’s set the prices the npc pay for runes and sell them for actually sets the price of most runes. 81 nef runes from a shop at 2m each is 162m. That would cost 540gg. The exact price fury runes sell for.

Last edited:
Socket npcs actually say “ I can add sockets to ur items but I haven’t learned how to remove them yet. I hope to learn some day”.

I think if u was able to “re-drill” runes out of items and they dissapear is the only way that could work. You want a rune out of a item, You drill it you lose that rune. I think that’s fair. And a better way of regulating the rune market than making them expire.

Sometimes 1fury rune can take me 2-3months of collecting Nef runes. I really really hate expiring runes. So Chinese of you. Sucks :( so many runes are now gonna expire. As if they wasn’t enough of a cunt to Collect before.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone ever notice that rune prices in the market are actually dictated by the gm aswell. The way he’s set the prices the npc pay for runes and sell them for actually sets the price of most runes. 81 nef runes from a shop at 2m each is 162m. That would cost 540gg. The exact price fury runes sell for.

Never thought about like that but ur right re prices

Also the npc does like DS points out “I would hope to learn some day”

So if you mash a few peoples points and posts together,

Remove sockets one at a time but stones/ runes break! Cost to be 1-5k gp based on what number socket you are removing. So removing 5 sockets from an armour would cost 15k gp.

That’s the GP sink sorted as well ��

I love the idea of drilling out gems. Not a fan of them expiring though. Though I have had 3 (l) gems drop in the last week off bosses. Might be luck idk.

1-5k gg to remove is incredibly steep unless it's on endgame gear

You have to be careful with the price you are going to charge for removal of the runes, this is something what has been sought after for years and I just feel it will not be used if you are charging north of 1K Gamepoints to drill a rune out.

I think a low chance of getting the rune back should be considered, or it becoming damaged. You should always get a 0.3% or S crystal back in my opinion.

I think the socket should not remain open after the rune has been removed, that alone would be a hefty cost.

This way the chances of you getting a perfect crystal back are very low, but there is a chance, so it's a massive gamble if you want to buy old kit and drill runes out.. make it so it would be cheaper and less risky to just buy a new rune, and also you could buy an item and drill the runes out, but know you'd have to pay to re-open the sockets again. So either way some thought would have to go into it for it to be worth while.

Maybe add a reagent ingame where if you have it in bag when you use the feature it increases the chances of removing a rune intact.

Last edited:
I'm pretty firmly against this idea for one core reason - noobs!

A big focus of this game is the idea of allowing new players to catch up

Right now new players can, for a modest price, get hold of low level kit that was top of the range several years ago and has all nice sockets on it etc. and has been passed about for years. If a feature to remove sockets was introduced, all that nice low level stuff would vanish in a matter of weeks and would never return.

That would mean low level kits would be a lot worse and GM would probably need to spend time re-calculating stats for loads of items across the board to give noobs a chance

Such changes can have other knock on effects, for example if he boosts an item and it turns out someone has kept one with good sockets, he needs to make sure he doesn't accidentally make something crazy OP. There's a massive amount of thought that needs to go into changes like that, and personally I'd rather GM spent his limited time generating new content instead.

Right now new players can, for a modest price, get hold of low level kit that was top of the range several years ago and has all nice sockets on it etc. and has been passed about for years. If a feature to remove sockets was introduced, all that nice low level stuff would vanish in a matter of weeks and would never return.

As one of these noobs I can confirm I have bought several pieces of gear from the AH that have sockets on them.

Back