Resolution | The Legend of Mir

Resolution

I have played your servers on and off for many many years I play all kind of mir servers and your are always one I enjoy a lot but there's always some little things that put me off a little.
Resolution being limited to the small size it is, is a major one.
On Your servers the biggest resolution is 1024x768, Id like to think over the years the server would adapt slightly to changes.
Would love to play the game in large resolutions will list a few resolutions that other mir servers give you the opportunity to play in.
1280x800 , 1366x768, 1440x900 , 1600x900 , 1920x1080 .
Every time I bring up Arcadia to my other mir mates the first question is have they changed the resolution yet because its one of the biggest off puts from playing the server with it being so small.
Attack distance wouldn't change your still limited to the attack range of 1024x768 you can just visually see more of what's on screen, players from further away, can interact with npcs from further etc.
Makes the game feel a lot more enjoyable personally.

Would love to see this change if possible. Thx

I'm very likely in the minority here, and I accept that completely, but I actually prefer lower res. The main reason I play is nostalgia and the reason I chose Arcadia in the first place was that it was the closest match to Euro servers in terms of look and feel. Higher resolutions is a step away from that. Not against others having the option to play in higher res of course, but I wouldn't use it unless it actually gave an advantage in gameplay which would leave me no choice

I'm very likely in the minority here, and I accept that completely, but I actually prefer lower res. The main reason I play is nostalgia and the reason I chose Arcadia in the first place was that it was the closest match to Euro servers in terms of look and feel. Higher resolutions is a step away from that. Not against others having the option to play in higher res of course, but I wouldn't use it unless it actually gave an advantage in gameplay which would leave me no choice
I actually have the same opinion as you tbh, i don't have a huge issue with the current resolution in fact i actually like it cause of the nostalgia it gives me this special feeling whilst playing the game it also differentiates this server from the hundreds of other mir 2's created which is great.

Honestly if the server owner were to add an option to be able to select certain resolutions, I would most likely keep this resolution and not change it just because of the nostalgia, i love the special arcadian/projectian feel.

I play games to escape reality cause the real world sucks, terrible place. anyway when the game has two black boxes on the side and is running at 800 or whatever rez im not sure what res i currently have , it makes me feel like im living in the early 2000's which is a really nice feeling

Haha I just play in windowed mode. Have done for years, so now whenever I accidentally trigger full screen mode I go boss-eyed!

I've never played any other mir server with a wider view of the in-game screens, but after reading these comments I'm gonna take on board my friend Zade's and Mustafa's opinion and opt for it remaining the same.

It would be interesting to see, but sounds like it is one of those things where you can't ever go back on it and I'm not sure I want to risk everything else that I enjoy about the game just for that.

It's a fair point and there's a few reasons why it has not been implemented (although it is semi-functional).

The interface needs a massive overhaul, everything needs to be updated to be fluid in design so that you can freely set the resolution. At the moment the chat bar for example is one big block which does not adjust to different resolutions. Player reach etc needs implementing so that there's some level of affordance with cast distances. Also, because of the archaic engine, FPS is already suffering for some players, and increasing the resolution will increase CPU demand possibly too far and so something needs to be done there.

It's been one of those ongoing projects for years but content and events always take precedence!

but surely u can have an option like they do on crystal files where the player can change the resolution themselves, times are changing unfortunately and need to upgrade to keep up with the players ( not saying all players want it) but if players had the option they can choose them selves if they prefer the look of nostalgia or want a better resolution

but surely u can have an option like they do on crystal files where the player can change the resolution themselves, times are changing unfortunately and need to upgrade to keep up with the players ( not saying all players want it) but if players had the option they can choose them selves if they prefer the look of nostalgia or want a better resolution

Did you even read a single word from the post above that Scorpian wrote? Haha

These are heroes files and not crystal, according to LOMCN server list anyway.

Yes I did thanks, I'm just saying people would be more interested in playing if the resolution was available in more than one type as that's a major contributor to putting off newer players.

It's not an impossible task, but it's not a quick one neither.

These are heroes files yes? And I know these aren't crystal files. Clown.

Yes I did thanks, I'm just saying people would be more interested in playing if the resolution was available in more than one type as that's a major contributor to putting off newer players.

It's not an impossible task, but it's not a quick one neither.

These are heroes files yes? And I know these aren't crystal files. Clown.

You killed the convo soon as you got offensive. Expand your mind.

I have played your servers on and off for many many years I play all kind of mir servers and your are always one I enjoy a lot but there's always some little things that put me off a little.
Resolution being limited to the small size it is, is a major one.
On Your servers the biggest resolution is 1024x768, Id like to think over the years the server would adapt slightly to changes.
Would love to play the game in large resolutions will list a few resolutions that other mir servers give you the opportunity to play in.
1280x800 , 1366x768, 1440x900 , 1600x900 , 1920x1080 .
Every time I bring up Arcadia to my other mir mates the first question is have they changed the resolution yet because its one of the biggest off puts from playing the server with it being so small.
Attack distance wouldn't change your still limited to the attack range of 1024x768 you can just visually see more of what's on screen, players from further away, can interact with npcs from further etc.
Makes the game feel a lot more enjoyable personally.

Would love to see this change if possible. Thx
Just started playing for the first time, and can confirm, the resolution additions would be a big plus, 1024 hurts eyes xD

Back