Ref; January Maintenance Reboot (Friends List) | The Legend of Mir

Ref; January Maintenance Reboot (Friends List)

UnKnownAngel

Leading Contributor
On the 30 January Maintenance Reboot, there was a change put in place to not show friends online activity unless they also have you on their list (mutual friendship), I believe there may have been an oversight with the Enemy list.

Did you realise that the enemy list will show you who is online or offline accurately regardless of mutuality or not, and making it even more sinister it also does not give notification when a person adds you to their list. Making it the new perfect tool to monitor player's online activity.

Sorry to create more work, however the point that I am trying to make here is that if you don't also change the way in which the Enemy list functions it can be used to undermine the effort put into the update.

Not a big deal, but I think it is one worth highlighting.

Last edited:
On the 30 January Maintenance Reboot, there was a change put in place to not show friends online activity unless they also have you on their list (mutual friendship), I believe there may have been an oversight with the Enemy list.

Did you realise that the enemy list will show you who is online or offline accurately regardless of mutuality or not, and making it even more sinister it also does not give notification when a person adds you to their list. Making it the new perfect tool to monitor player's online activity.

Sorry to create more work, however the point that I am trying to make here is that if you don't also change the way in which the Enemy list functions it can be used to undermine the effort put into the update.

Not a big deal, but I think it is one worth highlighting.
Damn, you found out. I was using this one to watch out for certain players and to know if they're online so I can fight them.

Meh, regardless you can still PM them on a lvl 1 alt char to see if they're online or not so I vote for this to stay as is :)

I wasn't able to replicate this. The online status should only be accurate to player A if player B has player A in their friend list

Thanks

I wasn't able to replicate this. The online status should only be accurate to player A if player B has player A in their friend list

Thanks
Yep sorry for wasting your time. I have now realised after somebody logs off then it resets to the way as you just said.

Back