Red Dragon / Evil Mir | The Legend of Mir

Red Dragon / Evil Mir

Scorpian

Administrator
Staff member
Before I go ahead and start butchering his AI, I wanted to make a quick post asking what / why you dislike about the AI currently

Be great if warriors had a meaningful role to play this time around.
Also I dislike the fact it only hits mostly with one element (fire) because people already have nice resist kits sat in store waiting for its re-release. Would it be possible to start lightning, at a certain hp point he introduces some fire, a bit lower introduces ice, and by the end hes basically hitting everybody with a hurricane of elements?

Agreed @UnKnownAngel cool idea, Make him have like a fire phase so can only hit it with ice , a ice phase can only hit it with fire etc etc would be cool n hard. Maybe have the Gaurds in KR correspond to a certain phase and u have to kill the dragon + gaurd at same time or something along those lines.

Not Sure what i didnt like about the previous RD , but i can say i wouldnt like to have to replace my helm to kill it :p

Making the guards drops stuff would be a nice plus.. and maybe Dragon changes colour every time it levels up..

Warriors used to rape old rd with frost frenzy, I used to go down with 80% ice damage and knock seven shades of shit out of it.

I like the different color idea, Like a 3-5 phase rd, Comes back with diff stats Red,Blue,Multicolored. Each with a different resist/offence element, This would make it a little more diverse. Once all 3/5 have been killed you get the pillars like old rd on p69, Which drop.

Old Rd was good when it needed 3 people or it hit harder/raged more. The 50 million health was a bit much, When it was changed to 1 hit box it sucked.

I liked the idea of it getting more difficult based on how many characters were present, but just making it hit harder make it bonkers if you had a massive group, so it became a totally different challenge, where it would die really quick but you'd have people dying all over the place. It actually became rather an antisocial thing where people would go along in small groups, and not tell/invite anyone because more people made it significantly more difficult.

I understand the reasons for that and it's a good one, the problem with it is that it discourages people from inviting low levels along to see / experience higher level stuff that they wouldn't normally get to witness.

Maybe find a way that rather than just the number of people there, it somehow calculates based on the total level of all players, or maybe it's main attack could be some kind of reflect, so that noobs joining in won't really do any damage so also won't really take much either.

Also no recall on last floor :p Make it worthwhile to fight through to reach the boss, rather than just another boss to tele and recall to that will just get camped 24/7

Who remembers REL :) :) :)

Also no recall on last floor :p Make it worthwhile to fight through to reach the boss, rather than just another boss to tele and recall to that will just get camped 24/7

Who remembers REL :) :) :)
bad idea... No body is gonna bother with it other than the first few times when the patch comes out..

bad idea... No body is gonna bother with it other than the first few times when the patch comes out..

They will bother with it if the rewards are deemed necessary. Do you really think nobody would bother with the old RD if you had to fight through a few floors, the chance of 150mill at the end was worth it before the possibility of items! I mean if people were solo'ing on warriors with frost frenzy before the patch went into revision I'm sure they would still hunt it if they had to battle through mobs.

Baal, Diablo and Sunken Ship every week have big groups clearing and killing. REL is often busy, a few times I've gone and there's already people there. BDP/RDD are still popular.

Maybe you won't bother with it, that's your call, but I disagree that nobody will, I think the run will make it even more popular if anything, as it will encourage people to go there in groups which can be more fun if done right.

I personally hope old rdd is still kept in some fashion. Quite alot of newer players recently and I for one have only ever walked up and got 1 shotted.

I loved rel, I also loved alot of the early p69 bosses. Was great to have to kill your way through the map. Darkfalz and old ship were amazing. I think that mob drop chances on items should be boosted. Always fun to get an item on way to boss so your not left shafted if you can't end up killing.

I used to like TerrorLord way back when only WoOt, Asus and maybe Lady were 60+ !
SavageTerrorLord is such a disappointment in comparison to that version!
I agree with REL too, Darkfalz... p69 in the noughties was awesome lol

I used to like TerrorLord way back when only WoOt, Asus and maybe Lady were 60+ !
SavageTerrorLord is such a disappointment in comparison to that version!
I agree with REL too, Darkfalz... p69 in the noughties was awesome lol

I'm really keen to get an opportunity to enjoy all that old content cos I missed out on all those days. I quit dragon server around 2006-ish and just joined arcadia in 2018, there's a lot of fun things in between those years that I've missed out on.

If GM found a way to recreate the kind of challenges players on p69 and arcadia had in the early days I'd be a very happy wizzy

I'm really keen to get an opportunity to enjoy all that old content cos I missed out on all those days. I quit dragon server around 2006-ish and just joined arcadia in 2018, there's a lot of fun things in between those years that I've missed out on.

If GM found a way to recreate the kind of challenges players on p69 and arcadia had in the early days I'd be a very happy wizzy

If it was to be introduced now I think it would be really hard to replicate with all the spells, pets, high dmg etc.. and it would be really very basic and probably boring, what made it good was that it was 1.4 or 1.6 version of Mir and the way the mechanics worked and stuff. The community was right too, I think, the grind was normal take over an hour or more to reach KR, some people wouldn't even make it, then spend a few hours in there just killing 3 or 4 TerrorLords and leaving with a decent item or two.. There's already people on this thread complaining about not being able to add another boss to what I'm gonna start calling the Arcadia Paper round, where every 30 mins a group leader teles round and recalls everybody and just does this until they are fed up.. and wonder why they don't get amazing drops every time, it's too easy!

If it was to be introduced now I think it would be really hard to replicate with all the spells, pets, high dmg etc.. and it would be really very basic and probably boring, what made it good was that it was 1.4 or 1.6 version of Mir and the way the mechanics worked and stuff. The community was right too, I think, the grind was normal take over an hour or more to reach KR, some people wouldn't even make it, then spend a few hours in there just killing 3 or 4 TerrorLords and leaving with a decent item or two.. There's already people on this thread complaining about not being able to add another boss to what I'm gonna start calling the Arcadia Paper round, where every 30 mins a group leader teles round and recalls everybody and just does this until they are fed up.. and wonder why they don't get amazing drops every time, it's too easy!

You actually have some fykin sense.

Adding a ice attack to a fire and lightening mob is a no no. We already have both ice temple and crystal temple which are both ice attack mobs requring ice resist.

Add in evil mir to use more lightening damage so gotta build fire and lightening resists kit which will also help the economy to diversify upgrade items as fire + light resists items up to now havent been sold as theres no market for them.

As for the other suggestions about no recall this doesnt apply to anywhere else boss wise (excluding gp caves) so if no recalls are allowed the drop file has to be reflected in the effort getting to the boss and killing it.

already people on this thread complaining about not being able to add another boss to what I'm gonna start calling the Arcadia Paper round, where every 30 mins a group leader teles round and recalls everybody and just does this until they are fed up.. and wonder why they don't get amazing drops every time, it's too easy!

Once again on the forums posting made up drivel.

This quote is shadow making his opinion that it will not get hunted. Which we could say isn't true just look at BDD/RDD, However it automatically becomes a moan?

Onto drops. Please find any evidence of me asking for rares every drop. Quite the opposite in fact, I've post to say I get some items need to be rare, however a white item more frequent and or orb would be nice to aid with the current gold making problems.

As for drops id settle for a white item or an orb every once in a while. Seems all you get most of the time is going to be a bene and a grinding oil. Now believe it or not becomes extremely boring quickly. Especially if you wanna group hunt,

Then Flip Flop......

Agree I came back during xmas event loved it thought this is it Arcadia is back... not even 10 days into january I was already bored shitless. I feel like turning on the pc to log in is a waste of electricity at this point

It never ceases to amaze me to find drivel coming out of your mouth with nothing to back it up, You're so hell bent on trying to make everyone else out to be a moaner, when really we just want a fun server to play. But as the words out of your own mouth said.....you find it boring too...

Now people post opinions on a thread asking for what we want (as a community), you feel the need to go on about how we all want it so easy.

Now when you post your next set of drivel, please include any shred of evidence it will take you 2 minutes to use the search feature on the forums. Let me guess you cant be arsed? Or more so is it because it does not exist.

Anyway reply all you want, Simply leave you to it Mr Flip Flop.

Once again on the forums posting made up drivel.

This quote is shadow making his opinion that it will not get hunted. Which we could say isn't true just look at BDD/RDD, However it automatically becomes a moan?

Onto drops. Please find any evidence of me asking for rares every drop. Quite the opposite in fact, I've post to say I get some items need to be rare, however a white item more frequent and or orb would be nice to aid with the current gold making problems.

Then Flip Flop......

It never ceases to amaze me to find drivel coming out of your mouth with nothing to back it up, You're so hell bent on trying to make everyone else out to be a moaner, when really we just want a fun server to play. But as the words out of your own mouth said.....you find it boring too...

Now people post opinions on a thread asking for what we want (as a community), you feel the need to go on about how we all want it so easy.

Now when you post your next set of drivel, please include any shred of evidence it will take you 2 minutes to use the search feature on the forums. Let me guess you cant be arsed? Or more so is it because it does not exist.

Anyway reply all you want, Simply leave you to it Mr Flip Flop.

Someone still triggered hahaha

Back