Red and Blues. Demon Souls and Guild Build Points | The Legend of Mir

Red and Blues. Demon Souls and Guild Build Points

Nuggets

There seem to be less Reds and Blues around except in the GP caves. (Naga, HoA etc etc).
It can be a pain trying to build up a decent amount of DS for trips to BDP/RDP etc when you're getting some Guild Build Points each day. There doesn't seem to be a decent balance of Reds and Blues in normal caves or areas and not everybody is able to use up their DS in the GP caves.

I'm happy to be proved wrong but (with the exception of certain lunar cycles) it's becoming more of a chore for members to help meet the Guild's daily quota whilst maintaining a decent bank of DS for the GP caves for their own enjoyment.

Just curious what other people think.

I found the problem is there's not enough people clearing caves. Reds and Blues don't have their own respawn timer, it's just whenever a normal mob respawns there's a random (1 in something) chance of it being a blue or a red. So when people are levelling hard and clearing lots of caves, more mobs respawn and thus more GBP for everyone.

As it is, since most of the big players aren't really levelling now, there's less mobs being killed, if anything it's a double whammy because people will run through caves and only kill the blues and reds without clearing mobs so they won't respawn as much.

If you want to generate blues and reds for yourself, find an area you can clear quickly that has a fast respawn rate, and just stick to it and clear over and over again and you'll see more and more reds and blues each time.

Yeah exactly what Zade said. It's the cherry-picking that has lead to them all disappearing. If people don't realise that then maybe more education can help but so far we have tried a few nudging changes like emphasising the huge drop boost you will get from maintaining a kill-chain (not really possible while cherry picking) and also removing the mass pots from super/champs while spreading the drops over all monsters and hence giving a reason to maintain a chain.

Maybe you can explaion this to your Guildies and let me know how they get on

There seem to be less Reds and Blues around except in the GP caves. (Naga, HoA etc etc).
It can be a pain trying to build up a decent amount of DS for trips to BDP/RDP etc when you're getting some Guild Build Points each day. There doesn't seem to be a decent balance of Reds and Blues in normal caves or areas and not everybody is able to use up their DS in the GP caves.

I'm happy to be proved wrong but (with the exception of certain lunar cycles) it's becoming more of a chore for members to help meet the Guild's daily quota whilst maintaining a decent bank of DS for the GP caves for their own enjoyment.

Just curious what other people think.

In order for red and blues to spawn you must kill normal mobs same goes with bosses the more you
Kill the higher chance of blue n champs coming out.

Yeah exactly what Zade said. It's the cherry-picking that has lead to them all disappearing. If people don't realise that then maybe more education can help but so far we have tried a few nudging changes like emphasising the huge drop boost you will get from maintaining a kill-chain (not really possible while cherry picking) and also removing the mass pots from super/champs while spreading the drops over all monsters and hence giving a reason to maintain a chain.

Maybe you can explaion this to your Guildies and let me know how they get on

Weekly reboots would be awesome.

Back