Rebooting Arcadia - Back at 11:15 GMT | The Legend of Mir

Rebooting Arcadia - Back at 11:15 GMT

Scorpian

Administrator
Staff member
Just performing a reboot. I was meddling with MagicFind yesterday and broke it slightly.

The reason I was meddling, I wanted to make it better, so that you guys and girls can get nicer unidentified items drop!
That is exactly what I have done in this update.

Magic Find is slightly more powerful, and monsters now have different levels of magic find by default:

Normal mon: 0%
Super mon: 20%
Champ mon: 40%

Normal Boss: 10%
Super Boss: 40%
Champ Boss: 80%

What is Magic Find?
Magic Find does not affect the chances of an item being red (unidentified). (That is a whole different rate affected by monster type)
What Magic Find does do, however, is when an item drops that is unidentified, the quality of the added stats is greater. This is similar to how identification scrolls work.

Please let me know how you feel this is working out and if there are any changes that are needed.

Oh nice one, thanks for clearing this up, i know from a few of our member's running 4h magic find pot yday they noticed a reduced amount of UI items dropping. In that time only 1 UI item was obtained so gonna be fun to see how it is now. Thanks andy!

well seen this reboot is just happing i tryed to reload the patcher and it comes with a box saying

Scripts error 3 or 4 times and i have run as admin :)

Hi Andy an error now occurs when you try to log on I used Run as Admin so it d/l whatever patch and an error comes up error.png it then does this again if you say yes to continue then it opens the log in for you

Any way you can make red and blues in lakes/Isles drop their loot instead of having to be harvested?

Also a message when you find blues would be nice as well.

You mean a boss notification?

Which are the mobs that you need to harvest for isle/lakes?

You mean a boss notification?

Which are the mobs that you need to harvest for isle/lakes?

Champion mobs have a message when you're close something similar would be great so you know your near a blue.

I've had it happen to me from pretty much every mob in Isles/Lakes the thing is that sometimes it doesn't happen and the loot just drops, its very odd, the thing is you don't ever have enough bag space for everything they drop so it feels like your missing an opportunity to get an item or book.

Champion mobs have a message when you're close something similar would be great so you know your near a blue.

I've had it happen to me from pretty much every mob in Isles/Lakes the thing is that sometimes it doesn't happen and the loot just drops, its very odd, the thing is you don't ever have enough bag space for everything they drop so it feels like your missing an opportunity to get an item or book.

I've never really been bothered about the notifications, you can see where they are in plenty time because they light up part of the map, just need to keep an eye out ;)

Extra notifications won't do any harm I guess though

One thing that would be nice is to not get the notifications for tamed champions, it is distracting when hunting you constantly get notified and think there is a new one but it's just your pet ><

Just performing a reboot. I was meddling with MagicFind yesterday and broke it slightly.

The reason I was meddling, I wanted to make it better, so that you guys and girls can get nicer unidentified items drop!
That is exactly what I have done in this update.

Magic Find is slightly more powerful, and monsters now have different levels of magic find by default:

Normal mon: 0%
Super mon: 20%
Champ mon: 40%

Normal Boss: 10%
Super Boss: 40%
Champ Boss: 80%

What is Magic Find?
Magic Find does not affect the chances of an item being red (unidentified). (That is a whole different rate affected by monster type)
What Magic Find does do, however, is when an item drops that is unidentified, the quality of the added stats is greater. This is similar to how identification scrolls work.

Please let me know how you feel this is working out and if there are any changes that are needed.

have you fixed this magic find ?

as I thought my luck was in according to your stats above , we just killed champ 4tails 15 of us , I win roll so pick the Red Annihilation ring , thinking this going to be awesome with the 80% magic find on it since its a champ boss, go and get myself a 1 mill scroll for it and pop it is a 1 star ring ......

Anyone else noticed a lack of items dropping from reds/blues lately or have I just been unlucky?

Anyone else feeling this? AFAIK there was not change to drop rate but you guys are usually good at noticing trends!

have you fixed this magic find ?

as I thought my luck was in according to your stats above , we just killed champ 4tails 15 of us , I win roll so pick the Red Annihilation ring , thinking this going to be awesome with the 80% magic find on it since its a champ boss, go and get myself a 1 mill scroll for it and pop it is a 1 star ring ......

Sorry to disappoint you but it doesn't guarantee mega stats, it's more of a scale that has a higher chance of hitting higher.
For example, without MagicFind you may get a nice red 1/100 but with +100% that would drop to 1/50

Back