Question about ThawingPotion | The Legend of Mir
  • EXCLUSIVE NEW PLAYER EVENT
    The Legend of Skull Island

Experience a unique starter adventure on Arcadia: trapped in the Mineral Mines alongside the Islebound Kin; a small clan if islanders who have been isolated since the emergence of a great fiery harbinger. As the village scribes uncover lost magic, new heroes are rising to power. Discover the legend of Skull Island and harness your power to save the islanders from certain doom.

Embark on new quests and face exciting challenges with the Arcadia community. Forge powerful new characters for your account and earn some much desired Elysian Ore.

ALL new characters are welcome!
    read more..
    Download Arcadia

Question about ThawingPotion

zad48231

Leading Contributor
On ThawingPotion it says on it "Lasts 5 Minutes 0 Seconds" but in reality it doesn't last any time, it's a single use potion that removes cold effects.

Is that text in the description a mistake and should be removed, or is the potion bugged and should actually keep working for a time to prevent cold effects?

It's been this way as long as I can remember. Not asking for anything to be changed, just looking for clarification on what GM's intentions are for this pot.

Thanks!

On ThawingPotion it says on it "Lasts 5 Minutes 0 Seconds" but in reality it doesn't last any time, it's a single use potion that removes cold effects.

Is that text in the description a mistake and should be removed, or is the potion bugged and should actually keep working for a time to prevent cold effects?

It's been this way as long as I can remember. Not asking for anything to be changed, just looking for clarification on what GM's intentions are for this pot.

Thanks!

I have always wondered the same as to why the time when it’s a single use. Now to think of it maybe h the time is for the % of poison resistance that’s on potion? Or maybe there isn’t any poison resistance?

That's a good question - one I don't actually have a full answer for really. I believe the intention was that it worked similar to how a frostguard does but on a timer. It may have been unintentionally affected when purification changed all those years ago. That is just speculation however, I could be totally off course. Suppose with the introduction of the frostguards and crystal guard mythic they now compensate and the thaw pots I suppose you can look at them as a single use get-out-of-jail-free-card if you forgot to pack your ice shield. Scorpian may have a proper answer to this though ha

Back