Quality of life improvements | The Legend of Mir

Quality of life improvements

Darkstyle12

I have a few suggestions.
-Adding auto run to mini map locations. This is a awesome addition to Mir.
-Make pot bundles automatically open to refill belt instead of having to keep opening bundles

I will add more as I think of them.

I have a few suggestions.
-Adding auto run to mini map locations. This is a awesome addition to Mir.
-Make pot bundles automatically open to refill belt instead of having to keep opening bundles

I will add more as I think of them.

I'd prefer the pots to stack, up to 99. Same pot type stack on top of each other instead of their own space in the bag. Played other mir's which has this implemented. Or give us the option to bundle 6 single pots together like euro mir had, except through the bag options so we wouldn't need to do it in town.

I'd love to be able to bundle 6 pots together, the difficulty is because pots can be improved with blooms etc. I imagine it would involve some fundamental changes to the way pots are stored in the database.
Currently a single pot and a pot bundle are 2 separate items, when you use a bundle it destroys that item and generates 6 new items.
To store 6 pots as a bundle it's fairly simple just to do the opposite, destroy the 6 items and generate 1 new item (the bundle).
But adding extra stats to pots there are massive number of potential combinations, it would be an insane job to create new "bundle" items in the database for each possible combination, so that will never happen. Only way to do it is to modify the way the bundle items are stored in the database to allow them to store in the same record the added stats in the same way as the added stats are recorded against the pots now. Possible, but not a small task unfortunately.

I'd love to be able to bundle 6 pots together, the difficulty is because pots can be improved with blooms etc. I imagine it would involve some fundamental changes to the way pots are stored in the database.
Currently a single pot and a pot bundle are 2 separate items, when you use a bundle it destroys that item and generates 6 new items.
To store 6 pots as a bundle it's fairly simple just to do the opposite, destroy the 6 items and generate 1 new item (the bundle).
But adding extra stats to pots there are massive number of potential combinations, it would be an insane job to create new "bundle" items in the database for each possible combination, so that will never happen. Only way to do it is to modify the way the bundle items are stored in the database to allow them to store in the same record the added stats in the same way as the added stats are recorded against the pots now. Possible, but not a small task unfortunately.

Yeah I get what your saying, keep the special pots as individual for that basis, however the likes of your general HP/MP pot create the stacking or bundling mechanism. Stacking 99 in the belt bar would be sick, Don't have to worry about opening bundles or finding space to open them.

I'd prefer the pots to stack, up to 99. Same pot type stack on top of each other instead of their own space in the bag. Played other mir's which has this implemented. Or give us the option to bundle 6 single pots together like euro mir had, except through the bag options so we wouldn't need to do it in town.

I like that idea also but that opens up other problems like being able to carry too many pots making everything easier than intended. Instead of this you could make bundle reload ur belt automatically but in the corner of ur pot on ur belt it could have a number indicating the total number of that pot you have left.

I like that idea also but that opens up other problems like being able to carry too many pots making everything easier than intended. Instead of this you could make bundle reload ur belt automatically but in the corner of ur pot on ur belt it could have a number indicating the total number of that pot you have left.

Not neccasarily, back in euro days you always had Bag weight and Hand weight, you could only carry so much, that could be reapplied to counter carrying too much for bag weight. Pots aren't exactly expensive nor hard to come by. I can go lvling just using pots dropped off mobs, stick a dura loss pot on and your there for hours.

Not neccasarily, back in euro days you always had Bag weight and Hand weight, you could only carry so much, that could be reapplied to counter carrying too much for bag weight. Pots aren't exactly expensive nor hard to come by. I can go lvling just using pots dropped off mobs, stick a dura loss pot on and your there for hours.

Yep same. I've never really found this to be an issue. There's nowhere I go levelling that I need to take any pots at all, just pick up as I go is plenty. Some bosses such as NL or RD I'll take a couple bundles just in case but usually don't use. Only places that pots don't drop (weekly challenges) I'll take half a bag full of bundles and usually end up giving most of them away to people who didn't plan ahead

When I think about item stacking a number of emotions run through my body. Mostly dread, as last time we had this feature (Project69 2.3) it was vulnerable to a dupe bug.

In reality I don't think it fits well with the game as it stands. And certainly a lot of other changes would need to be made (alchemy items are quite high value for example, particularly because they take up a premium of bag space making them harder to farm).

Bag size is pretty generous anyway, and infinite pots? What's the point in pots at all. At least with the way it is there's a certain hunt limit when you run out of bundles you'll need to slow down your hunt a little.

As for map running, sure that existed at launch but when I added support for new map types it wasn't updated (path-find errors). No one asked for it back! I can take a look into updating that..

If its more hassle than its worth then so be it, it was just a thought :p I've played mir for many years in this current way of using pots so I'm sure I'll manage just fine continuing haha cheers for the response though.

When I think about item stacking a number of emotions run through my body. Mostly dread, as last time we had this feature (Project69 2.3) it was vulnerable to a dupe bug.

In reality I don't think it fits well with the game as it stands. And certainly a lot of other changes would need to be made (alchemy items are quite high value for example, particularly because they take up a premium of bag space making them harder to farm).

Bag size is pretty generous anyway, and infinite pots? What's the point in pots at all. At least with the way it is there's a certain hunt limit when you run out of bundles you'll need to slow down your hunt a little.

As for map running, sure that existed at launch but when I added support for new map types it wasn't updated (path-find errors). No one asked for it back! I can take a look into updating that..

As you've put rightly stacking of pots is a unneeded change you can quite adequately carry enough pots to last the dura's on your items before they need repairing so bag size isn't a issue and stacking the individual alchemy would create a headache coding and also allow players to become way OP

Map running is not really needed as even without a teleport ring why you would ever run a map when most maps allow rt use is beyond sense as your either clearing the map as you go or your rting to the next map etc.

Plenty of better stuff to focus on that these changes imo :D

Back