Feature Request - Public Oma King or New Lords WORLD bosses! | The Legend of Mir

Feature Request Public Oma King or New Lords WORLD bosses!

Mustafa13

In many recent Mir game servers, there's a big boss named the Oma King. You can find it in the middle of the map on the 2nd floor of Oma Cave. When the Oma King appears, everyone online gets a message telling them it's there. This gets a lot of players excited, and they all rush to fight it.

But it's not just about beating the boss. Many players also fight each other to be the ones who get the rewards from defeating the Oma King. It's a big part of the game when this boss shows up.

On other servers, hundreds of players compete to fight the Oma King. It's a huge event that brings the whole community together. People work together in teams, plan strategies, and fight hard to win.

Adding the Oma King to our game would bring all this excitement here too. It would give players something big to look forward to and create a fun challenge for everyone. Plus, it would make the game more thrilling and bring players closer together as they work as a team to defeat this powerful boss. So, it's definitely something worth thinking about adding to Arcadia. @Scorpian

It always spawns in this door 1707583296559.png
And makes a public announcement when it spawns.

Here below are some videos of other mir servers OKS boss fights. Unfortunately not many videos appear on the internet due to lack of Mir streamers,
However believe me, this boss attracts a lot of contest and guild fights.

Here's another idea: introducing Lords.
Lords are powerful World Bosses that appear randomly in different provinces of the game world. You can see how they work in action by watching this video:

I think adding World bosses like Lords to the game would be fantastic. They could bring back excitement and competition to the server.
Right now, it seems like things are pretty quiet, with not much PK or competition happening.

Having World bosses like Lords would change that. Players would have something big and challenging to work together on. It would bring the community together again, with everyone teaming up to take down these mighty foes. Plus, the thrill of battling against these powerful creatures would give the game a real boost of excitement and energy.

So, I really believe adding World bosses like Lords could breathe new life into the server and make it booming with activity once more.

Please consider this brilliant idea.

Thank you
DragonKarma

The first video just looks like a guild camping the entrance to pk anyone else that arrives and that is how it would play out on here too.
The second video look fun but quite funny how weak the damage is, Arcadia fights are much more high octane than that one and such an small KR the fight will not last much beyond a minute or two.

I agree with Wummy that the bosses like Svaltus TrollKing, EvilMir, Loki and NagaLord were all good bosses to fight over but they were never individually a super boss. As a matter of fact they are all almost the same level range and with a few content releases and level cap increases they have become old content which is just a damn shame since they all have had good work put into them by the dev team.

On Arcadia when a literal super or champion boss spawns the server does get an announcement and everybody is pinging in what’s app to get online and go. So I just think in theory your post sounds good but in reality we already have it and if not better.

Elysian has just been released who knows what else could be added there? Still think an extension on the Mines of Moria cave in Bichon is such a good option for the server.

The first video just looks like a guild camping the entrance to pk anyone else that arrives and that is how it would play out on here too.
The second video look fun but quite funny how weak the damage is, Arcadia fights are much more high octane than that one and such an small KR the fight will not last much beyond a minute or two.

I agree with Wummy that the bosses like Svaltus TrollKing, EvilMir, Loki and NagaLord were all good bosses to fight over but they were never individually a super boss. As a matter of fact they are all almost the same level range and with a few content releases and level cap increases they have become old content which is just a damn shame since they all have had good work put into them by the dev team.

On Arcadia when a literal super or champion boss spawns the server does get an announcement and everybody is pinging in what’s app to get online and go. So I just think in theory your post sounds good but in reality we already have it and if not better.

Elysian has just been released who knows what else could be added there? Still think an extension on the Mines of Moria cave in Bichon is such a good option for the server.
I'm really sorry for not realizing that Taos has so many pets and that OKS room wouldn't be suitable for a big fight due to it being so small. I should have thought about that before suggesting it.

Regarding the suggestion I made earlier about Lords, I still think it's a good idea. It would provide more space for everyone.

"In reality we already have it" - nope I strongly disagree we do not have it and it's nowhere near sufficient.

I've been playing for ages now, and during that time, I've encountered champion Cacodemon, champion Balor, and others. But disappointingly, none of them dropped any items, not even one almost as if they're bugged, I'm not saying they always drop nothing if champion but I am saying it's happened before and is very possible and for some reason happens almost every time when im there.

So, to me, fighting champion bosses feels like getting nothing in return. There's a myth that they might even drop worse items than the regular bosses. Plus, champion bosses don't really boost contest because they usually give worthless rewards.

Another thing is champion bosses do not spawn daily, they're quite rare to spawn for example today I was on pretty much all day and there was only two super bosses that spawned iirc, super WhiteEvilBoar, and super red thunderzuma nothing special and nothing worth fighting over with big numbers. The only two super bosses that spawned today would've attracted very small pk if none at all.

I like the way some caves have higher level mobs as you go deeper, like loki, crystal, naga city etc.

Maybe existing floors in these could be kept as they are so noobs can still enjoy the old content but extend them with more floors with level 200+ mobs

Give us big big challenges, new loki, new troll king, new mountain. All of them should 1 hit kill everyone with current top kits, be proper impossible, so it takes us a year to formulate new strategies and kits to take them down

I don’t know about you zade but I think we should be on a game content committee by now. You can represent the actual dedicated players and I’ll just represent the has-beens and noobs!

Love the idea have been asking for this for a long while , however it has to be random no alerts , let the people stumble upon it and let them gather the masses via allies friends etc , world server splashs would just cause huge pk fest people dropping loads of gear for what a few xs health runes ......
If world bosses come into play it would need to be some sort of way group looting or guild allie looting else people just wait to its on its last bit of health and jump in ......... use to happen on OMA lord of old euro ...... admit was fun but so fustrating when a group spent ages killing it only to lose drop etc in 30 secs ..........................
Also what would happen to wizzes they wont be able to fight with pets else people just wait for world boss us it as a free taming spree.....( #pets stealingisacrimeandshouldhaveyournutschoppedoff)

I like the way some caves have higher level mobs as you go deeper, like loki, crystal, naga city etc.

Maybe existing floors in these could be kept as they are so noobs can still enjoy the old content but extend them with more floors with level 200+ mobs

Give us big big challenges, new loki, new troll king, new mountain. All of them should 1 hit kill everyone with current top kits, be proper impossible, so it takes us a year to formulate new strategies and kits to take them down
I do somewhat agree with this however making bosses 1shot top end gear lvl 198 players is way too much, they do not need to be that strong to be enjoyable.

Just add lords in two provinces or maybe more, Bichon Province, Giyroong Province. Make them super tanky and strong. Also an announcement when they spawn.

Expanding out on these ideas a little...

Crystal Temple
Keep the maps the same, but SvaltusTrollKing could get higher level each kill like the Yimoogi does in Yimoogi Challenge
STK respawns every 8 hours (ish) and is something like level 160. So when it dies, the next one that spawns 8 hours later can be 170, then 8 hours after that one dies next one is 180 etc., all the way up to like 220 which will be a massive team effort to take down, maybe not even possible with current kits. If it goes 24hrs without being killed then it can automatically revert back to the lowest level one.

Temple of Ancients
Take the current Loki from KR and make it walk like the 5F one, and randomly spawn anywhere on F8/F9
Make mobs on F10 and KR level 200+ with similar or slightly harder difficulty to Hellmouth mobs, and beef up the sitting Loki to the point where it can't possibly be killed with current top kits, something for us to work towards.
No recall/tele/RT after F9.

Desert Mines
Keep all as it is, but put a door on the map where Mountain is, leading to another 3 floors with level 210+ mobs and a Gargantuan (Mountain on drugs, spawns armies of archers etc. like Gruumsh does)

Isle of the Dead
When TombGuardians are killed and trigger the awakening of LordOfTheDead, there could be a 95% chance of LordOfTheDead spawning normally, or a 5% chance to also trigger the awakening of LordSauron. When that happens, an invasion descends on Isle of the Dead in a similar way to the Past Bichon invasion, and at the end of the invasion, LordSauron will spawn randomly inside any floor of TombOfTheDead. The invasion would be a great opportunity for fast exp for people level 150-170 and the LordSauron boss should be difficult enough that it would take a team of top level players to take it down, and high enough HP that it can't be killed quickly.

I think the STK, Garg, and LS bosses in these scenarios could be excellent flash points for pvp if done right, would certainly satisfy the DragonKarmas and the Wummys of the world! While Loki might be of more interest to pve players due to lack of recall, or it might just make the pvp more tactical!

Ideas like this I think are more interesting as they give variety of mechanisms and strategies rather than just multiplying the DC and HP of everything

Last edited:
Back