Problem Logging on | The Legend of Mir

Problem Logging on

forgotten1

Once again have a patch problem.
Run as Admin and boxes come up with Korean writing in top box

"http://www.mirarcadia.com/update/!klist.txt" ¿¬°á¿¡ ½ÇÆÐÇÏ¿´½À´Ï´Ù.

Could not verify version information.
Your client may not be up to date.

Would you like to continue to play Mir2?

Then below that an ok box or cancel box.

I have closed the down completely computer and started again and same thing just keeps occurring.
Some help please.

Admin update: For anyone reading this thread after searching for a solution - it appears that the issue is with old versions of Internet Explorer. Please update Internet Explorer and try again. After that, type http://www.mirarcadia.com/update/!klist.txt into the Internet Explorer address bar. This page must load without any errors. If it does not load then you must try and find out why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Click on Mir.exe which downloads the latest patch including Mir2.exe - which would be the latest client that could run the game.

Sounds like the your autopatcher is having trouble communicating with the autopatch server, you have a couple of options here.

1. Skip around the issue. Simply miss out the autopatcher and go straight into the game. Run Mir2.exe instead of Mir.exe, this will skip the patch check and let you get straight into the game, as long as it's up to date
2. Try to diagnose what's causing the communication issue. There's a lot of reasons for this so before we can fix it we need to find out what the actual issue is. Open http://www.mirarcadia.com/update/!klist.txt in Internet Explorer (must be IE, not any other browser) and see if it loads. If it doesn't then the error you get in the browser should give you a bit more information that will help narrow it down. If it does load correctly then something else is going on and we can try to diagnose that next.

talk about a busman's holiday....and that's a compliment Zade! glad I don't take one, far too scary for most people.

It does not open in IE
This is what properties has in it

Yeah you've got an incorrect version of the mir.exe file so that's one problem. Not being able to open that url is another problem. They can both be solved though.

For the file, pm me and we can arrange for me to send you the correct version of just that file if you trust I won't try anything funny. Or just download the game again and re-install.

For the url not opening in internet explorer, you say "it doesn't load" but what does happen? Any error messages or anything, does it stop, or just load forever and looks like nothing happens?

The mir.exe is probably fine - probably an older compressed version of the patcher but it will still do the same job. I stopped compressing it to make it more open to anti virus companies for scanning (didn't help much).

As for the URL not loading - that is something you'll have to figure out. Chances are some firewall software on your PC or something on the router

go to control panel and create a new user > log on that user and try the patcher again(mir.exe)... it should work then. after you download the latest patch then you can go back to to normal user and try the game if you want.. you might also need to log on to that new user you created to download all the latest patches. Hope this helps

Nothing works no autoupdate no mir.exe works nothing! and on my 2 computers and laptop! All same problem.
I am no pc boffin in fact hardly a clue what to do..... so now no game for me at all :sorrow:

Nothing works no autoupdate no mir.exe works nothing! and on my 2 computers and laptop! All same problem.
I am no pc boffin in fact hardly a clue what to do..... so now no game for me at all :sorrow:

Might be worth taking what's known as the "nuke it from orbit" technique and just do a full reinstall from scratch.

As was stated you need to find out why you are unable to connect to the web address. "it does not open in ie"
That is your problem. Read the error messages on screen. Follow the instructions.

My guess is your router has installed some firewall and it is blocking it on all devices

I have the same problem now. logging on fresh user to download the latest patch doesnt work for me anymore.. God damn. no more mir for me now unless i fix it or get a new computer :-/

Question is how to uninstall Mir???

In response to my problem re the box etc it was the artwork on your page that due to certain protocols in Internet Explorer it could not connect with your server.

Seems odd set up but after altering some protocols it connected to your server and now has patched and game back on.

I have the same problem now. logging on fresh user to download the latest patch doesnt work for me anymore.. God damn. no more mir for me now unless i fix it or get a new computer :-/

Go into Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced (tab) > Scroll to bottom and enable all SSL and TLS protocols. (SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 should already be ticked)

Close Internet Explorer after applying the changes and run Mir again, the patcher should start downloading as normal. If you get any script errors during the patch, just skip them by saying "yes" as they are just web script errors for the web window and not patch files.

security enabled for ie access to server.png

Go into Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced (tab) > Scroll to bottom and enable all SSL and TLS protocols. (SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 should already be ticked)

Close Internet Explorer after applying the changes and run Mir again, the patcher should start downloading as normal. If you get any script errors during the patch, just skip them by saying "yes" as they are just web script errors for the web window and not patch files.

View attachment 445

Why would you have those unticked? I can't think of any good reason hmmm, gonna have all sorts of problems with lots of websites if you don't have those enabled

Why would you have those unticked? I can't think of any good reason hmmm, gonna have all sorts of problems with lots of websites if you don't have those enabled

SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 are on by defeault, the others are off by default in Internet Explorer 8. As most people do not use IE as their primary web browser, they likely won't have ever manually changed these defaults.

Back