Pet Attack Modes | The Legend of Mir

Pet Attack Modes

Network

Newby
Hey all,

Quick question I couldn't find on the website - what do each of the pet attach modes mean exactly please?

Not sure the difference between attack & aggressive - I just use attack & rest.

Much appreciated!

aggressive i think means they will go off and hit nearest mob , defensive only hits mobs that hit you? not sure bout this tho, and assist means they only hit what u hit.

Attack - pets remain within medium range of the player but will actively seek out nearby targets, no prioritisation of threats except for those close to them/attacking them.
Aggressive - similar to attack but with a further range tend to chain from monster to monster until they go outside of the player's recall range.
Defensive - responds to player threat, often won't attack until they are attacked but prioritise targets that are harming the player.
Assist - Focuses targets that the player is currently engaging, ignoring other threats.
Rest - Idle.

Should make it so only Attack, rest, and assist modes are available.. not much point in defence. so far i have found it useless and it does not attend to any of my style of play other than spamming my chat box.. GM needs to make improvement on these pet modes.. and one way to start is by making changes to pet modes by making it less spamming in chat box.

Should make it so only Attack, rest, and assist modes are available.. not much point in defence. so far i have found it useless and it does not attend to any of my style of play other than spamming my chat box.. GM needs to make improvement on these pet modes.. and one way to start is by making changes to pet modes by making it less spamming in chat box.

I suspect people don't use them because they don't understand them. If this feature was better advertised and explained then it might get used more widely

I use defensive quite often. And aggressive sometimes. Depends on the situation but defence can be very helpful.

I like the extra attack modes, they give a little depth to what you can do with the pets rather than just rest and attack. I would love to see the ability to set them for individual pets though, maybe through clicking on the pets portrait at the top corner of the screen. I think it would be really good to be able to rest an individual pet (say an arcamon you are trying to level) without losing the ability to use your other pets or even to be able to keep one in defensive mode to protect you while the others are on aggressive/attack.

I like the extra attack modes, they give a little depth to what you can do with the pets rather than just rest and attack. I would love to see the ability to set them for individual pets though, maybe through clicking on the pets portrait at the top corner of the screen. I think it would be really good to be able to rest an individual pet (say an arcamon you are trying to level) without losing the ability to use your other pets or even to be able to keep one in defensive mode to protect you while the others are on aggressive/attack.

I like the sound of this idea not sure how they would implement it though.

Back