Permanently blocking chat | The Legend of Mir

Permanently blocking chat

zad48231

Leading Contributor
There are two ways to block a player from pming you at the moment, you can...

- Put them on block list, which automatically hides all messages from you, but they are still able to send messages and you will see them if you unblock
- Actually block them with @private <player> which sends them a response saying you are blocking chat if they try to pm you

I prefer the second method as the first isn't really blocking, it's just hiding it. Unfortunately, the second method unblocks every time you relog. Can it be made that this block remains permanently when you set it.

There are two ways to block a player from pming you at the moment, you can...

- Put them on block list, which automatically hides all messages from you, but they are still able to send messages and you will see them if you unblock
- Actually block them with @private <player> which sends them a response saying you are blocking chat if they try to pm you

I prefer the second method as the first isn't really blocking, it's just hiding it. Unfortunately, the second method unblocks every time you relog. Can it be made that this block remains permanently when you set it.

Or better still find a padded room with no computer in it or people and sit in there for a bit :)

Just block people, as long as you can't read it surely that's doing its job? Why waste time adding something pointless, just so that "X is blocking whisper" is fired back at people.
You can hide all private messages if you prefer to not be distracted from what you're doing, which I do quite often when I'm busy and typing is slowing me down.

Realistically the failings for chat are quite vast - this is just one issue to pick up on! Is it a particular player causing an issue or is this more a general request?
It's not something we are in a hurry to change considering the todo list

Back