Observations | The Legend of Mir

Observations

RainMK

Newby
Good Day,

Firstly i just want to say a big thanks to the game masters Scorpian and Warda for all you do for this game, i came back to Mir after not playing since my teenage days and i am really glad i chose this server! One of the highlights of my lockdown haha! I have met a lot of great people and the community just seems on the whole really cool. Special mention to NERD. He was the first person who helped me when i came onto the server and the way he was with me is the way I'm now looking to be with new/returning players to the game we love!

With all that's been going on recently in terms of new content and suggestions people are coming up with for further improvements, i wanted to give my opinions on where i feel enhancements could be made to an already very good version of MIR.

I agree that ARC pets at the moment seem very under powered and cant handle mass mob when you are hunting in an area with mob the same or higher level than your player. Places slightly lower they can withstand and be effective. As a Tao if i am using Toxic Gas/Holy Shock/Devil V religiously in a place with mob the same level as me then again i can usually keep them from death for a little while, but its still more hassle than its worth. Furthermore i feel Warriors first and foremost and Tao second are getting a slightly raw deal when you consider Wizards can tame a small army of very strong mob which bring far more value to them as opposed to an ARC.

In addition i look at the time investment into leveling ARCS without using Special Food and Steroids, i.e sourcing all the food myself and being selective what food i give them ( I enjoy this process by the way) and i cant really see besides maybe a Rept Hunter/Khazard/Yimoogi?- I DONT HAVE YIM SO I CANT COMMENT) any real value being given from them in relation to time spent working on them, and there i think lies the problem. I also feel that the EVO stones both Green and Dragon are not fairly priced for the player and again they don't represent VALUE.

My final thought is that without naming names i feel PKers who thrive on looking to kill players out hunting and steal their items need to be held a little more accountable. Karma and Cursing is of course a great idea, but it doesn't stop these players going onto another character and doing all their crafting and what have you with a nice clean slate of Karma and being curse free and then transferring it back to their main PK character.

Why not use the desolate Serpent Town in Bichon to resurrect PK town and RED name titles and bring some punishment to these people who are simply out to ruin other peoples MIR experience?

Thanks for reading

Rain

i agree about the stones values.

nice to see people are adding to what they feel can make a better server :) its 20 year old game and we still coming up with new ideas. always nice to see

My final thought is that without naming names i feel PKers who thrive on looking to kill players out hunting and steal their items need to be held a little more accountable. Karma and Cursing is of course a great idea, but it doesn't stop these players going onto another character and doing all their crafting and what have you with a nice clean slate of Karma and being curse free and then transferring it back to their main PK character.

Why not use the desolate Serpent Town in Bichon to resurrect PK town and RED name titles and bring some punishment to these people who are simply out to ruin other peoples MIR experience?

Thanks for reading

Rain

There might be a money maker for Scorp here. No body or bag drop scroll on death from mob or player, lasts for 75 minutes and you can only use one in any 24 hour period.

I would really love to be able to get crystals back that I socket into gear if I salvage the item, I know Scorps reasons for not wanting the ability to resocket items and i agree, but crystals are expensive and I'd be happy to remove the item itself from the game by deleting it rather than waiting 3 days for the crystal I want to appear on market.

Last edited:
In addition i look at the time investment into leveling ARCS without using Special Food and Steroids, i.e sourcing all the food myself and being selective what food i give them ( I enjoy this process by the way) and i cant really see besides maybe a Rept Hunter/Khazard/Yimoogi?- I DONT HAVE YIM SO I CANT COMMENT) any real value being given from them in relation to time spent working on them, and there i think lies the problem. I also feel that the EVO stones both Green and Dragon are not fairly priced for the player and again they don't represent VALUE.

Rain

Oright Ash Ketchum.

Back