New spells | The Legend of Mir

New spells

Alsiral

Contributor
Been a while since this been mentioned,

I reckon there scope for a couple new spells tone put in, even if just adv version of current ones.

Would like to hear ppls thoughts on reasonable buffs that cud be made.

For wars,
upgrade one of the one hit skills for hp regen (garentee 20,40,60 %) wizz have at already and is OP af, taos have heal. Blood lust seriously lacks, with cool down I really can’t see it being op.
Further swordsmanship, like it says on the tin

For wizzies

(Fill this space)

For taos

Ultra debuff, debuffs the Tao of half of all its stats to stop it being op in pvp =p

Lol jks

Never played wizz or Tao on this server so can’t fairly comment. Would be nice to see sensible suggestions but let’s wait and see

From GM pov, couple of rebuffs on spells, add to drop file and add one for each class for gg, easy job and money made np

For warrior, I think I suggested this before... FireFury and FrostFury... do same damage as their Frenzy equivalents but include a life steal effect like bloodlust, so warriors can stay alive in big lures and complain less about wiz :)

For wizard, I'd love to see an ice version of CallOfPhoenix. And I think there should be something useful to do with lightning, maybe a more powerful version of LightningStorm?

For taoist, please give them the new graphics for high level skelly and shinsu! Hmmm, skills, maybe something that can help them move faster and keep up with warriors who BC and wizzies that translocate, they have a big disadvantage when running for things like Yimoogi. What about "Switch" where you cast it on a mob and you switch places with that mob, would cover that issue and also be a life saver for escaping lures and allow them to jump over walls like a wiz, as long as there's mobs nearby. Also maybe some kind of advanced hiding, current hiding is really underused because it cancels as soon as you move. If a tao could cast Ninja on themselves or any other player, it will cause a clear ring effect for a timer maybe 3 minutes or so

Warr new spell MDR 50% buff by skill lvl of course, wiz already got 60% PDR + 30% MDR shield which by crafting kit they can achieve near 90% PDR which makes no sense, a natural anti-warrior class + super tanker

We’re still outdated on using pro field buff

Repent in PVP would be nice .... (ive tried aiming at the ear scorp it doesnt work)

Repent was in pvp when it first come out, its stupid silly you can just remove pretty much an heroic pot off a warrior. Warriors have it hard enough as it is tbh.
I am massively in favour of the MDR spell for warriors.

poison cloud for taos would be dope too, or a mass debuff/buff for all elements

im not against warriors having a amc shield but they arent supposed to be amc tanky , just look at every warrior item thats ever existed and u will see its AC heavy coz they are AC tanks ..

wiz>war
war>tao
tao>wiz

^ isnt that how its supposed to be ?

Last edited:
If any class was to get something added in order to level out the playing field, it has to be the warrior. Just because they get something doesn't mean the other 2 has to get something too.
Have you noticed how players use BC now? They use it to evade rather than to attack, run in try hit somebody then do a 180 and BC to evade, thats how useless it is now compared to before.

I don't do pvp so instead I'll throw out some rough ideas for spells that I think could either be fun to have or just add a little more to each class.

Any sort of buff spell wizards can cast on others. (Always feel a bit selfish when my Tao friend stands there gives me all these lovely buffs and in return I cast DFS and IS)

Warriors could have an "ally swap" skill where they change places with a member in their group (While I know this doesn't fit in with the flavour of the warrior I like the idea of a warrior swapping places with a trapped Wiz or Tao)

Warrior skill "Avenge" (This is kinda ripped off from WoW) It could be a passive ability where if a member of your party dies while near to the warrior they gain a buff either for increased damage or even a short "Heal x% of damage dealt for the next X seconds"

Wizards could have a "Teleport to me" spell maybe with a very long CD but I assume from what I've read on the forums dying and not waiting for a tao revive on a tough boss can have dire effects. Wizards could have this skill works only a single target on a long cd but could help a mistake or maybe help to bring along a friend who is late to the party?

I don't play Tao so I don't really have any ideas for them.

Anyway just my thoughts on some spell ideas no doubt you'll find them stupidly overpowered and broken in some way lol but I thought I might as well put forward some ideas I had.

Warrior = a stronger and improved version of Etherial blade, Make Damage Field and protection shield as one spell

Wizard = a stronger and improved version of Firebang, Firehell and good improvement on Ignite

Taoists = take away some of their damage and make their healing or buff spells more powerful..

Warrior = a stronger and improved version of Etherial blade, Make Damage Field and protection shield as one spell

Wizard = a stronger and improved version of Firebang, Firehell and good improvement on Ignite

Taoists = take away some of their damage and make their healing or buff spells more powerful..

The tao damage you refer to is because pets scale from sc. With sc now around 1800 pets absolutely rape. Add in poison cloud doing 500 a tick and debuffs. Is a lot of damage. Not so much individually. However combined will drain hp hard and fast.

The tao damage you refer to is because pets scale from sc. With sc now around 1800 pets absolutely rape. Add in poison cloud doing 500 a tick and debuffs. Is a lot of damage. Not so much individually. However combined will drain hp hard and fast.

Taoists pet damage should be based on their DC and not SC.. so this might be a bug.. just as GM changed the rev ring to 5min reset rather then relogging because he said this is how it was meant to be orignally.. maybe this is the same

Taoists pet damage should be based on their DC and not SC.. so this might be a bug.. just as GM changed the rev ring to 5min reset rather then relogging because he said this is how it was meant to be orignally.. maybe this is the same

Pets should have static stats like arcamon and gain stats per level. I'm sure they have always scaled with sc, just back in the days of euro mir sc was low and you wouldn't really notice the difference if someone had 10-20 sc more.

The problem is, the minute stuff starts to be changed, you can make things worse or completely ruine a class.

I just think shadow is bored of being beat up by tao's lol... Talking about a time when tao used to hit with melee its completely different now... so if a tao spell should be scaled from the warrior primary stat, then why can't warrior spells be scaled from the wizard primary stat, and wizard spells scale from tao's primary stat, let's just make it one big circus?

I'd like to see wizz get some sort of skill which allows us to solo kill bosses (sub bosses or even just champ mobs in pb) as is I just skip them all as 10mins plus plus plus is just way too long. Wars and taos kill in a few mins each I think I remember scorp saying wizz cant solo bosses in a reasonable time because they level loads faster, that is just not true. I think a tick based skill that deals large amounts of damage would do the trick like poison or the warrior one I cant remember the name of, and I'd even be happy for it to be pve only.

Taos are screaming out for a mass puri skill that removes stun para freeze and ice, all them debuffs are incredibly irritating I'm often froze out of doing anything for 30secs plus with constant para stun ice and has me wondering why I even bother leaving town because I could just as easily stand there doing nothing.

Wars could defo do with an upgrade to their hp steal skill.

Sorry for the rant tone iv been meaning to get them first two off my chest for a while lol

Last edited:
Back