New Player (Warrior) | The Legend of Mir

New Player (Warrior)

Hi guys,

I'm new and wondering if anyone has any helpful tips/advice :)

I've checked out the guide that is in the sticky, really helpful, however i'm wondering what the crack is with lvling because places seem to either be too hard or too slow.

1. do the the town guilds offer any benefits? E.g. Arcadia, Border Patrol, MudFighters etc.
2. what's the crack with alchemy? Do you 'level' this up or do you just collect mats and start making stuff?
3. Pets: are they worth it? Do they pick up loot or do they just attack etc? Any tips on what I should try and focus on? I collected a tongs but it was pretty rubbish
4. Gear and skills: any tips on how to improve my gear and where to get books? I've tried using the guide but I struggle killing some bosses like khaz, queen ant etc. I'm wearing lvl 60ish gear atm.
5. Do I have to complete all of the farmer quests in order to unlock the next ones? I'm guessing these are a good way to carry on lvling?
6. Are there mounts in game?

P.s. I'm a lvl 90 warr

Thanks !

/Glaive

Hey Glaive, and welcome. It is a big game and a lot has changed over the years, can be quite confusing at first.

I've checked out the guide that is in the sticky, really helpful, however i'm wondering what the crack is with lvling because places seem to either be too hard or too slow.
Some places are better than others undoubtedly, there is a Game Guide NPC named Ashley in the center of Bichon Wall near the Trader who can give you some rough ideas where you can try out. Some areas, particularly dungeons, offer increased experience gains the further into the dungeon you go. A good example of this is Black Dragon Dungeon. You can view a maps experience rate by pressing (M).

1. do the the town guilds offer any benefits? E.g. Arcadia, Border Patrol, MudFighters etc.
Not really no, they are more a social area for players to interact with each other, team up and ask questions etc.

2. what's the crack with alchemy? Do you 'level' this up or do you just collect mats and start making stuff?
You first need a potion base, these can be bought from town peddlers or stronger versions can drop in higher level zones. Ingredients drop from monsters and you literally just drag and drop them into potion base to amplify the stats. Take note of the stats the ingredients give, as some will be useful of course some won't - and for each additional reagent added to the potion, will increase the level of it, and may increase or decrease the potions duration.
More information on that can be found here: https://mirarcadia.com/guide/alchemy/

3. Pets: are they worth it? Do they pick up loot or do they just attack etc? Any tips on what I should try and focus on? I collected a tongs but it was pretty rubbish
Absolutely worth doing, take a look at the Arcamon guide if you want to see what each pet can offer. Some have special abilities that can help in certain situations, a lot of players tend to have different Arcamon on them for different situations. They don't pick up loot, just attack. Tips, nah it's more down to play style I'd say and as said previously, some are better than others in different situations.
More information on that can be found here: https://thelegendofmir.com/forum/threads/43095-Guide-Arcamon-Pet-System

4. Gear and skills: any tips on how to improve my gear and where to get books? I've tried using the guide but I struggle killing some bosses like khaz, queen ant etc. I'm wearing lvl 60ish gear atm.
Bichon Wall shops sell nearly all the gear you need up until level 90, have a look around if you are struggling to kit out. ttfn's guide is useful if you're unsure on what the names of the items you need are. Once you've established some decent enough gear, obtaining the spells should be a little bit easier. Spells are a key part of character development and play a vital role in the end game scenarios - of course, some spells are less useful than others. Don't forget you can always check player Stalls around towns to see if they sell anything you might need, you also have the Auction House (button in the bottom right of your interface) where players sell in open market.

5. Do I have to complete all of the farmer quests in order to unlock the next ones? I'm guessing these are a good way to carry on lvling?
Nope, farmer's quests are optional extras that only reward players with experience points. To unlock the other two quest paths under Journey to Rebirth, you will need to complete the Heroes Quest.
More information on how to do the Heroes Quest can be found here: https://thelegendofmir.com/forum/threads/45492-Guide-Getting-Started-amp-FAQs

6. Are there mounts in game?
Nah, no need. You can portal to practically everywhere already.

Best of luck in game, feel free to reach out to us again if you are having any issues.

If you would like some help tomorrrow , I will be online around 2.30pm onwards , I’ll kit you up abit , give a little starter gold and answer any questions

/vorsie
/

Great to see new people always joining the game :) Welcome!

I won't repeat too much as Warda has already said pretty much everything I'd have said, but as a starter guild I think BorderPatrol is ideal, it's fairly active and I believe they do some group hunting which can make the game a bit more fun.

Also try to find a SpiderFrog arcamon, you can level it up and it'll evolve into a khazard which is a very helpful pet for a warrior, especially when you are killing bosses, because it helps with paralysis.

There are shops in BW that sell some level 88 kit, so you should have a look there and you'll do a lot better than your level 60 things. For level 100+ things click the button that looks like a house near the bottom right of your screen, you can search for stuff in there, you'll find useful lists of item names to search for in the sticky thread [Guide] Items & Spells, Taming, Making Money and more!

Warda's guide on alchemy is useful to know, but it will only really become worth doing when you're a bit higher level. For newer players it's usually seen as a method of making fast gold. Collect up the ingredients and sell them to NPCs and watch your gold multiply!

Great to see new people always joining the game :) Welcome!

I won't repeat too much as Warda has already said pretty much everything I'd have said, but as a starter guild I think BorderPatrol is ideal, it's fairly active and I believe they do some group hunting which can make the game a bit more fun.

Also try to find a SpiderFrog arcamon, you can level it up and it'll evolve into a khazard which is a very helpful pet for a warrior, especially when you are killing bosses, because it helps with paralysis.

There are shops in BW that sell some level 88 kit, so you should have a look there and you'll do a lot better than your level 60 things. For level 100+ things click the button that looks like a house near the bottom right of your screen, you can search for stuff in there, you'll find useful lists of item names to search for in the sticky thread [Guide] Items & Spells, Taming, Making Money and more!

Warda's guide on alchemy is useful to know, but it will only really become worth doing when you're a bit higher level. For newer players it's usually seen as a method of making fast gold. Collect up the ingredients and sell them to NPCs and watch your gold multiply!

Thanks for the helpful response :)

I'll take a look at all the information this evening if I can managed to get online.

Regarding ingredients, is there a way to stack these or store them in a separate bag? Each ingredient consumes one bag space so it's a lot of back and forth to sell to the NPC in BW.

Thanks for the helpful response :)

I'll take a look at all the information this evening if I can managed to get online.

Regarding ingredients, is there a way to stack these or store them in a separate bag? Each ingredient consumes one bag space so it's a lot of back and forth to sell to the NPC in BW.

Fortunately no there isn't, this is one of the main ways of making gold ingame and there are intentional restrictions like that to slow people down and keep the economy in check

Welcome to the server!

As someone who played nothing but Tao since starting Euro server in 2001/2 and then recently starting a War here in the past few months - this is the advice I can share!

- I followed the farmer quests up until about lvl 100, they help you find your way around the server by yourself and most of the quests are pretty easy in the first batch of 32 quests. After that they become a bit redundant as the xp you can gain from just levelling is faster and more entertaining than the quests - however lots of people use the questing system as a means of taking a breather from the more serious levelling/bossing.

- You'll notice that there's absolutely boat loads of kit in game and various upgrading/crafting systems, honestly you really don't need to worry about getting to grips with this until you're at least lvl 130, you change kit so regularly up until this point that there's no point in investing time and money into something that you're going to outgrow in a few days. You can usually find some bargains on Auction House that will see you through until you can get your hands on a more permanent piece of kit as well, so check it regularly, also worth checking Bichon Wall shops just incase.

- As people before me have said, skills are the game changer here, so again keep checking AH regularly. If you can afford to and you're desperate for a skill, buy some Game Gold and get it from the GG store. Most books drop pretty regularly naturally, it just depends how patient you can be. When you're starting out I would recommend the fire based skills, the passive skills and also crosshalfmoon - Bloodlust is absolutely essential when you are high enough lvl for it. As a general rule of thumb bosses drop skills that are in relation to their lvl, e.g. a level 120 boss has a chance of dropping lvl 120 skills. Some bosses are more prone to dropping skills that others.

- Ask questions, join a guild etc: most people are pretty forthcoming if you ask questions about where is good to hunt, or what you should be aiming for. The size and scope of the server means it can be a little overwhelming. Sometimes people will offer you a bit of help and show you first hand where a decent cave is and how best to hunt there.

- Explore the place, there's lots to do and see and different caves are suited to different classes & playing styles, you will find that some places you like, others you despise.

- RE: Arcamon pets - these only really become useful once you have fed them to be equal to your current level. To do this the best way is to rest them in town and just level yourself as usual, feeding them food that drops. Read the guide it makes sense. As a warrior having a pet Khazard is 100% essential and should be your first priority.

- Keep a pad of paper & a pen next to you while you play, keep notes on where stuff is etc. Some guilds post useful co-ords on the guild page, it's always handy to have your own records too.

That's about all I can think of for now - see you in game!

One thing I don’t think I’ve seen in this post is the free experience boost if you are not using it already

Type @under120freexp until your lvl 120 and switch the 120 for 130 once you hit lvl 120 for exp boosts, you do need to type it each time you lvl.

Back