New Dedicated Server and updates | The Legend of Mir

New Dedicated Server and updates

Scorpian

Administrator
Staff member
Took the opportunity to reboot while there was a mass lag out! Sorry for the inconvenience.

We have moved to new server hardware, hopefully this will run flawlessly as usual.

✓ Added warning for selling rare items to shop
✓ New Guilds gets 7 days free Stability (no daily Build Point deductions)
✓ Gems and Orbs that drop henceforth will disintegrate if not used / upgraded (Kevin)
✓ Gems and Orbs have been restat, Dura Gems/Orbs now repair items
✓ Kevin has improved his skills - 50% success rate of gem polishing!
✓ Some boss AI fixes
✓ Other bugfixes

I hope the update the gems and orbs isn't too offensive :angel: I am working on ways to make them more exciting, making Kevin less of a kill-joy and prevent hoarding of troves and troves of gems. The system now, which is essentially a use it or lose it policy will hopefully allow for more stats to be added to items and there to be events based on gem hunting, for example.

Again, thank you all for being so great! Couldn't ask for a nicer community.

What if we decide to keep orbs for building next kit, like some orbs are so rare and expensive we are forced to use it ASAP

this is a little unfair about orbs as i saved up so many orbs for my new kit am waiting to get but now i cant save them but they dont sell on ah so that means people will be loseing more money unless you sell all orbs for 400k i say u should keep orbs for ever how long you want

Gems and Orbs have been restat, Dura Gems/Orbs now repair items wow so nice idea will save the cost off walls and all u need 8 duora orb to full riper ur kit and add duora in same time .

With this update grinding oil drop rate should be increased or spread out throughout all mobs otherwise we'll be looking at insane prices for it

Nice update.

Quick suggestion: Being able to set the amount of money the guild takes from guild members when they get gold.

Chances of progems to orbs 50% i dunno man... even at previous 15% i used to get 8/10 fail... now with this 50% its even worse... i already tried couple of gems and they all flipping failed.. ill report back on this once i go rel or something

- - - Updated - - -

this is a little unfair about orbs as i saved up so many orbs for my new kit am waiting to get but now i cant save them but they dont sell on ah so that means people will be loseing more money unless you sell all orbs for 400k i say u should keep orbs for ever how long you want

Kinda agree cause i usually save orbs for an items im planning to design or get soon... expiration should be set to maybe 3months atleast rather than 7 days

Chances of progems to orbs 50% i dunno man... even at previous 15% i used to get 8/10 fail... now with this 50% its even worse... i already tried couple of gems and they all flipping failed.. ill report back on this once i go rel or something

- - - Updated - - -

Kinda agree cause i usually save orbs for an items im planning to design or get soon... expiration should be set to maybe 3months atleast rather than 7 days

That's 15% to break the item. The failure rate of upgrade increases the closer you get to the stat limit of the orb/gem.

Refining a Gem into and Orb is 50%, up from 33%

Don't like this at all gems are the only item I get for all the mobs I kill and so do a lot of people. Not everyone can kill bosses and get actual kit items so now what I get will basically disintegrate as no oils drop from normal mobs to be able to try and upgrade them.
So how long before they disintegrate?
Really upset at this change.
Rich get richer again.
Would have been simpler if we could sell them to the trader for a half decent price instead of holding onto them while trying to sell them or make less drop and make more items drop from normal mobs not rares but basic kit items.

subs paid we get better rate? I pay into keeping server going! do the other hanger ons get the same?
why pay when players can cheat server?

Last edited:
So many people complaining about this... Allow me to buck the trend a little bit with some valid points

- Existing gems and orbs you have already saved are not affected. So anyone who has saved up a lot already is fine to keep them. The expiry only affects new drops.

- Previously the rate of grinding success was 33%, to me it felt less so I did an extensive study and kept a spreadsheet of every one I did over a 1 month period (many hundreds of orbs) and guess what, actual success rate was 34%. Remember it's a random chance, not a sequence. It's like putting your money on 1-12 on the roulette wheel, you can't predict you will get 2 fails then 1 win in that order, it's just a random chance each roll. Now it's 50% it's only a slight adjustment but it'll make things a bit easier for people. I don't see it as a bad thing

- Grinding oils are extremely easy to get. I don't understand the point about not being able to get any. I camp my low level warrior and taoist at low level bosses that are extremely easy to kill and use them to save up gems and oils. I have 3 storage chars full (store and bag) with oils from this method. This is from bosses than are aimed at players under level 110 that take no skill or effort to clear, so it's silly to say anyone can't kill them

- Everyone panics about market prices and how things will be affected by changes. Just because one person decides to try and sell something for a lot more or less than usual means absolutely nothing. Kneejerk reactions to such things are pointless. Give it a few weeks and just watch and see how the market reacts and what way prices or gems/orbs/oils end up, there's really no sense in guessing. On that note may I remind you that the vast majority of people who buy orbs do so with the intention of using them straight away anyway, so I expect the changes to market will be minimal. People will sell more because they can't stash them so supply goes up, but those same people will buy more when it comes time to upgrade new kit. So supply and demand both go up, it'll probably balance out nicely. But we'll need to wait and see, really no point guessing at this stage.

- Only bit I'm personally disappointed in is the change to dura orbs. Personally I liked using them to make my kit high dura so it lasts longer between repairs, they have a completely different function now as they are basically a special repair orb which I don't really feel was necessary. This could affect the boots/belts market, but as with the above, will have to just wait and see

- Only bit I'm personally disappointed in is the change to dura orbs. Personally I liked using them to make my kit high dura so it lasts longer between repairs, they have a completely different function now as they are basically a special repair orb which I don't really feel was necessary. This could affect the boots/belts market, but as with the above, will have to just wait and see

I second this, should have left dura orbs/gems as they where and added repair gems/orbs aswell as. They will be lots of low dura boots/belt kicking about now with no means to increase will render them nearly useless. At the very least they now need a special repair function. As they now have only 1 means of retaining dura now "the new Dura orbs/gems".

Belts and Boots should have special repair as all other items. This is quite unfair on Warriors and Taos especially warriors who take constant damage. Boots and belts dont even seem to drop that much and their dura is very low. So maybe let us have special repair on them as well.

I would be more concerned about the special armours that are dura 10/10, won’t be able to beef them up

tbh the orbs with a 7 days life isnt a problem (he should probably make olis the same then) the really problem is the rework on the dura orbs. for example, i have my boots red 0/6 so i cana't repair them on sabuk cause they lose max dura so if i keep rapairing them they become dura1 and i have to throw them away, so i should use duraorbb but if there are none on the market (like now) i can't repair my boots until i find a dura orb. so... the things are 2 : or you make belts and boots special reparable, or you make the duraorb the same as b4 (they add max dura +2) and you make a new type of orb maybe called ''repairorb'' that work like the actual duraorbs work.

The problem I was trying to solve with dura gems and orbs was that since there was no upper limit on added durability, there was no real purpose for cracked/normal/pure versions.

I had intended to add another item to extend dura, but I think I have found a solution to adding limits to cracked/normal/pure versions of gems and orbs. Thus, we would be better off with a single repair oil and I can undo the changes to the dura orbs and gems.

The problem I was trying to solve with dura gems and orbs was that since there was no upper limit on added durability, there was no real purpose for cracked/normal/pure versions.

I had intended to add another item to extend dura, but I think I have found a solution to adding limits to cracked/normal/pure versions of gems and orbs. Thus, we would be better off with a single repair oil and I can undo the changes to the dura orbs and gems.

That would be awesome :)

Surely there was no "real" limit but there was a practical limit, since the higher the dura the less chance of an orb working. I never really used them much so I could be wrong, I just assumed that's how it was.

Any chance talking about orbs, items that are at there maximum orb level carry a warning, ie " this item has reached its maximum orb level".
Rather than losing the orb when item doesnt upgrade.. especially on say storm orbs etc.. or a list of base kit items so we can work it
Out for ourselves.
Best wishes
TaoLoaf

Last edited:
Back